Dust

Dust Reviews

December 28, 2012
GREAT FILM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
November 7, 2012
A painful story about a painful history. Interesting movie all a round.
April 19, 2012
I dont care to watch.
talija0903
April 4, 2010
OUR Milcho Manchevski!!!:)
Alen i Dusica N.
June 28, 2009
Fantastic movie! Music is great, the plot is fabulous!
carlina f.
February 11, 2009
This is a very misunderstood movie and quite wonderful. It is not as good as Manchevski's brilliant "Before the Rain" but is an intelligent movie, made for intelligent viewers. Manchevski does not adhere to the laws of physics and his movies use time brilliantly. The result is quite lyrical.
aekolbx5
December 5, 2008
never seen it but i bet its good
StaisilD
December 5, 2008
Essentially, the story is of a burglar (Lester) who breaks into a house of an old woman (Murphy) in New York and she tells him the story of American cowboys (Fiennes and Wenham) in the Ottoman Empire in Macedonia and their tangled fraternal love/hatred when confronted with a beautiful woman. It's a story that dips in and out of narrative timelines. David Wenham and Joseph Fiennes play two cowboy brothers that wind up in Macedonia, fighting on different sides in a bloody conflict between the Macedonian natives and the oppressive Ottomans. Luke fights on the Ottoman side because they pay in gold, Elijah on the Macedonian because they are the right side. There are many bloody scenes here and it is one thing that I don't like with this film. The overall carnage gets too exhausting, simply put. And there is no real thrill in it either, except for the villains getting killed. The parallel stories intertwining aren't nearly as effective here as in "Before the rain". The plot with the black burglar and the old woman is weak and ineffective. Only the dramatic relationship between Luke (Wenham)and Elijah (Fiennes) and their rivalry over the beautiful and headstrong Lilith (unknown but solid actress) is what makes this film interesting and worthwhile. Wenham gives a really powerful performance here and even overshadows both Fiennes and the rest of the cast. Well worth watching.
November 28, 2008
Storytelling at it's worst.
Ou812AwSm
July 9, 2008
OWNS IT , WAS GOOD MOVIE ,
khorace1
July 6, 2008
Interesting, but makes no sense.
Keydjes
March 24, 2008
A strange movie, but the acting is good, therefor three stars
Hoovedogg
February 6, 2008
I dont care to watch.
jazza923
January 1, 2008
This is an uncomfortable mix of present day sentimentality, flashing back to a bloody Western type story. It does have some style, but it lacks depth and sems longer than it is. The cast is good, but are unsuccessful in breathing life into the film.
August 9, 2007
This movie really isn't that good. There are some lose ends that don't make a lot of sense, and it doesn't flow very well. But David Wenham as a cowboy just makes this totally worth it.
August 7, 2007
Had to watch it twice to totally get it but its so good! so clever! Loved it!
August 4, 2007
To be honest my opinion may be a little biased because David Wenham is one of my favorite actors. But I thought this film was awesome, and that Wenham played an amazing part. Just like Bean, you could never figure these guys out, and I hope to see them collaborate again! but anyways, I loved the story, the way this film was created, and the fact it was Westernish!! good job!!
quietfgrt
July 28, 2007
I don't know much but i do know I'll enjoy this movie ;o)
LammJamORama
June 23, 2007
First of: David Wenham fan!
Now that that's out, he makes one HOT cowboy...even though he sounds a little weird.