Dutch Girls - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dutch Girls Reviews

August 23, 2012
Dutch Girls starts off promising but slow, the only reason I rented the Acorn BBC production was for Colin Firth And Timothy Spall.
The young and crocked teethed Firth stars as the timid virgin mainrole who falls in love while on a school trip to Armsterdam. With the quick roll of a luck and misfortunes along the beated path hormonal teenaged boys attempt to loose their innocence countless times without success.
½ July 21, 2012
Remember this thought it was a solid film that made me laugh defiantly worth a second watch
May 8, 2012
Eh, kind of stupid. Nothing really happened.
½ May 8, 2012
Kind of a bad movie. But who doesn't love Colin Firth. And Mr. Wickham!
½ May 8, 2012
Ok not very good, but it's young Colin. And Mr. Wickham and other recognizable faces as young men. 2.5
½ May 8, 2012
It was funny seeing Colin Firth so young in this movie. Mind you, he looked pretty much the same as he does now. Same haircut. I gota few laughs out of his but it's not a very good movie.
May 8, 2012
I can still clearly remember seeing this film 23 years ago when I was at school and thinking it was brilliant.... I should give it another go and see if it has the same impact now that i'm too old for school trips to Amsterdam!
11111111111111111111111111111111
May 8, 2012
This movie is just to old for me to sit through.
May 8, 2012
Early Colin Firth? You've got to be kidding me!!!
½ May 8, 2012
Hahaha... a younger Colin Firth, and a bunch of goobery sports kids? Awesome.
May 8, 2012
While there are some genuinely funny moments most of the time you're laughing at the movie instead of with it. The script and plot are full of cliche and overwrought dialogue and half-baked symbolism. The whole teen rebellion and angst and coming of age thing has been done to death, even in 1985 when this movie was made. Most of the actors do a decent job with what they're given though, Colin Firth being perpetuously uncomfortable and Timothy Spall being his usual smarmy and disgusting. Some of the acting is overblown though, like the field hockey coach who's wound way too tight and the boarding school headmaster that's such a parody that he seems like a copy of a Graham Chapman Monty Python character. The main problem is that there's no subtlety. Everything is on the nose and this kills whatever depth and meaning the filmmakers were attempting.
May 8, 2012
hit the dutch is all i have to say
½ May 8, 2012
Thought this was quite good. It's more about the romance between Neil and dutch girl, Romelia. Fair bit of typical teenage mess-about comedy in there too. Bill Paterson, Colin Firth and Timothy Spall are great in this! Also featuring Colin McFarlane.