—— The Identical Sep 05

—— Unforgettable: Season 2

Eagle Eye Reviews

Anthony L

January 13, 2012
You don't have to be 'Eagle eyed' to be able to spot all of the massive plot-holes and mistakes in this action-thriller stinker. For a film where the tiny details are vitally important and integral to the story, you'd think the makers would reflect that in their own work. The overall idea is OK and could have been great in the right hands but is ultimately ruined by the fact that action took over logic - and the action isn't even all that good. Oh, and it's got Shia LaBeouf in it too, do you need anymore reason than that to hate it? I know people will say not to over think it and to enjoy it for what it is but actually the film pretended to be intelligent and requested that I treat it accordingly, thus insulting me when it turned out to be absolute dribble. Watch Source Code instead if you haven't already!
Alexander D

June 15, 2011
EAGLE EYE is truly awful, always boring, and worse-than-tedious to call a legal thriller. It is unintentionally funny, stupid, and absolutely ridiculous.
Matt G

January 22, 2011
Seriously great. I loved the action and the mystery and everything.
DreamExtractor
DreamExtractor

February 27, 2011
Very dumb, it was cliche, predictable. And chase scenes were boring. The plot was so easy to tell what happens next, and when is Shia Labeof actually gonna be a good action star. The effcts were the only good thing in a bad movie.
KJ P

January 14, 2010
A very well crafted thriller! It is most definitely not the best thriller I have ever seen, but as a film that literally came out of nowhere and just wanted to give you some adrenaline pumping fun, it succeeds with flying colours. This is a 2 hour long film, which could have easily been 3 hours for entertianment. Shia LabBeouf easily represents the best of the young actors out there today, and he never fails to satisfy me. You never truly no what is going on until about halfway through the film when everything that was random begins to come together. With scenarios that I will always be willing to watch, Eagle Eye is fresh in my book. You can actually believe that Shia LaBeouf and Michelle Monaghan are thrown into these roles without knowing each other, because they fit these roles perfectly! What this film does Lack is a reason for why it's happening, but I still love it for trying something new! Eagle Eye is, and always will be a worthy film in my eyes!
stevenecarrier
stevenecarrier

March 15, 2011
"Eagle Eye" is the type of film where calling it 'action packed' is not a good thing. Films like this: where it's non-stop action, lots of yelling and an overly complex plot- are so not my idea of a good time. Now, I am not saying that the special effects, action sequences or cinematography are bad- on the contrary, they are all highly stylized and polished. But it's just very hard for me to enjoy a movie that is so blatantly ridiculous. Shia LaBeouf and Michelle Monaghan are two actors who I like very much, but their charms are lost amongst chaos. Films like "Eagle Eye," which are all about delivering insane amounts of convoluted exposition during high octane action are difficult to digest. Whatever happened to clear, old fashioned action storytelling like "Die Hard?" That's my idea of a competent action film.
Richard C

June 26, 2010
Really stupid and impossible. Way over the top. This also has a pretty bad and completely implausable ending. It is entertaining at parts though. It was okay.

Grade: C
Emile T

May 31, 2008
Decent Shia Laboeuf.

Nothing reinvented in this.
Some good scenes are spoiled by some other awful moments.
MANUGINO
MANUGINO

October 5, 2008
Saw it again and though it was great as the first time. Well I was expecting a very bad movie since critics didn't like it so much but it was totally different. I found the movie quite innovative and real, well someone out there told me about the computer and quite told me secret of the movie but it was still good. I can see Shia going a long way same as DiCaprio's career I really mean that. A young slacker and a single mom get tangled up in a terrorist cell plotting a political assassination.
Dan S

June 15, 2009
A mindless, ludicrous , but still energetic and explosive thriller that punches into full gear quickly and never looks back. As preposterous as the plot is from every angle imaginable, from an entertainment point of view, this was a lot of fun. Usually with movies like this, the stupidity is overbearing to a point where I just begin to nitpick at everything, but for some reason, probably due to the depth of the cast, I was able to excuse obvious borrowings from other films (such as "The Matrix", "Terminator', and "Enemy of the State") and accept the movie for what it was. There are some action movies where the film tries to balance out realistic and ridiculous elements, this movie focuses in on just the ridiculousness of it, and isn't ashamed of it. For that, it accomplishes it goal. With that said, this does not with a full recommendation. It is ridiculously stupid but it is a pretty entertaining stupid movie at that.
Jon L

October 15, 2010
Chase scene after chase scene and this movie became flat really fast. The idea in itself, although might be original it wasn't interesting enough to it. I don't have too much to say about this one except a lot of money was spent on effects and not enough in the script. It felt forced and although, yes it did have potential, I really couldn't wait for it to be over. It was extremely anti-climactic for me and I wouldn't force anyone to watch this one.
Fernando Rafael Q

October 9, 2010
Utterly absurd orgy of destruction is based on an elaborate but completely ludicrous script. 'Eagle Eye' is too long for the type of film it represents and a romance between the two leads appears at the end, out of nowhere. Nevertheless, it's very entertaining (the first hour is, at least) and it presents new and original contexts for the action to be developed in.

Evil computer ARIIA is like a younger sister of HAL 9000. The best part? Finding out, during my post-watch research, that ARIIA is played by Julianne Moore.
Albert K

September 21, 2010
this plot has been taken so many times, it's ridiculous. I will admit that Shia LaBeouf and Michelle Monaghan are good in it, but the movie is a mess.
Stuart B

August 12, 2010
Good thriller if a little predictable. More movies like this please :)
Thomas J

November 18, 2008
The "threat" is just too hooky for me. I like Shia LaBeouf but Michelle Monaghan brings the movie down for me.
garyX
garyX

November 1, 2008
A slacker who works in a copy shop is flung into the middle of a terrorist conspiracy upon the death of his twin brother, a high flying military analyst. Eagle Eye is most definitely from The Michael Bay School Of Scriptwriting, in that it was written by a paranoid technophobe who seems to be convinced that anything and everything in the world can be controlled by a geek with a computer. "They" can give you an emo haircut or leave a floater in your toilet with one malicious keystroke. But at least Bay has SOME sense of irony and humour; this film manages to be so absurd and yet so totally po faced it's almost frightening. It goes through the motions of slick, fast paced visuals as cars pirouette through the air and explode into flames in a hail of bullets as our courageous cardboard cut outs run for their lives from one ridiculous contrivance to another. In fact it has no choice but be louder and more annoying than an amateur rugby team at a free bar because it has to distract you from the astonishing stupidity of the script. It's like sitting down and having your intelligence insulted for two solid hours. The most idiotic film I've seen since Con Air.
cosmo313
cosmo313

March 21, 2010
This movie follows in the tradition of great films like North By Northwest and Enemy of the State, and, while it does a lot right, it doesn't quite hit the mark. I'm really paranoid (more so than normal) after seeing this movie, and it confirms my fears aboutthe dangers of technology and privacy. The film is just a tad bit too ridiculous to fully accept, but the action sequences are well done, and tension is maintained throughout. The perfromances are pretty decent, but I'm not sure if I really like Julianne Moore as much as I used to now.
Bannan i

September 27, 2008
It wasn't bad, it was all a load of complete and utter bollocks and Shia was quite gut in it...and it was hella entertaining. Frankly, I'm surprised at the majority opinions...but I guess we can't all agree on EVERYTHING...now can we?
Bobby H

January 28, 2010
Shia Labeouf is an under achiever who get's caught up in his successful brother's drama after his brother passes away - linked with a single mother who can be just as easily motivated (due to her son being monitored) to go along with the unknown demands the two are being gave through out the entire movie -

Its non-stop action and surprisenly enough for as much action as we see it's not all that over the top. Every part of the movie is cleverly linked together with a previous part and if one pays close enough attention can slowly start to decipher what is going on slightly before it's actually revealed. It's no so conspiricy that it's to hard to follow - and that's what I really like about it, nothing within the movie is to far over the top, it's just a simple action flick, with a few great actors, and one great plot.

The ending is as cleverly laid out and surprising as the end making for a nice climax in a movie that most likely could not but eerily could probably actually happen. It get's your head spinning and keeps your attention span. I watched it in the dark of the night when I was extremly tired and it was enough to keep me staying up and enjoying it - it's a five star movie in my book.
Dean !

September 29, 2008
A good conspiracy theory action, thriller. A mix of Enemy of the state and Terminator in a bizarre way. Plenty of good chase scenes, and big budget effects make this an enjoyable thrill ride.