Easy

79% You're the Worst: Season 1

Easy Reviews

Leigh R

July 12, 2010
It was funny and sweet. Quite a bit of sex scenes, but that's to be expected with the plot.
Keysha H

November 16, 2007
Really great movie about loving too many too fast..and quite funny as well.
Dean L

July 17, 2007
I enjoyed many parts of this film (3.5=between good and really good), but on the whole it never made it to 4 stars (4=really good). Marguerite Moreau gave a great, human performance as the lead (might I also add that she is stunningly beautiful without reaching for that "star in a can" quality). The film struggled through trying to be so "real" that it overshot the mark and became somewhat of a parody of itself. Where it sought to portray what one girl goes through in the realm of rejection and relations it overstates the point by making the watcher believe that all men are jerks. It then goes even further to show that, in general, all people are jerks...(hmmm...maybe a little more on the mark than I thought.) Playing too much on overdone or incorrect stereotypes also weighs this movie down a bit [The yoga instructor/acupuncturist next door smokes pot (inaccurate/hackneyed movie stereotype), the gay characters waffle in their sexuality (see previous example)] In addition, outcomes are generally easy to spot. Also, Naveen Andrews playing the initial love interest (John) was almost painful to watch as his performance was SO lackluster. All of this being said...it did come across as very human and totally approachable which I believe was what this movie was going for. Furthering this struggle towards being "real," the movie goes with a very sparse soundtrack. That is hard to pull off. A good watch. Rent it when you can.
Mark A

October 4, 2008
A sweet and tender love story. A young woman who has had a string of disasterous relationships decides to take stock of her life. Taking a 90-day vow of celibacy allows her to step back and determine what is truly important. There are plenty of bumps along the road, but Laura (Moreau) finds the inner strength to survive and in the end finds that the happiness she had been seeking was there in front of her. Maybe a little sappy at the end, but I don't mind. Ms. Moreau lights up the screen and one only hopes that we will get to see her again.
jjb3332003
September 14, 2014
Cute and witty, with some unexpected, though plausible, twists in the plot; lots of likeable characters throughout.
August 29, 2007
I don't know why I watch these.. Movies about people who go through relationship after relationship but can't find a good one.. I haven't had a relationship in over 7 years.. it's hard to feel their pain..

However, the movie had some redeeming qualities.. Acting was good, the story was good.. and was very endearing.. it came VERY close to the line that would have made it cheesy.. but managed to pull back..
September 9, 2006
Watched this last night - primarily a chick flick but it is nice.. about a girl is a jerk magnet and then finds someone nice, but theres all these little twists and turns that make the story interesting
lenari
August 2, 2006
Tedious and complicated at times, but worth the wait... "Easy" delivers credibly, proving that mistakes are indeed human nature. A bit of a strong nature, but worth the time.
November 23, 2013
Marquerite Moreau gives an appealing performance in this slight romcom.
September 25, 2011
Amo y odio estas malditas pelĂ­culas
July 4, 2011
A movie that tries desperately to be unlike every other Romcom you've seen, but IS.. It's just more raunchier...
lord r.
March 29, 2010
Ridiculous movie. The girl has no self esteem. The guys were loser geeks in any other scenario. Official water breaker?? How stupid is that? What a waste of time. They acted like superficial left wing idiots in the Bay Area, not So Cal.
Regina B.
February 27, 2010
This is what happen in real life. We see this every day. And the nice thing is that they tried to show it in a nateural and real way, with no glossy. I really enjoyed this movie.
Stacy
January 3, 2010
All girls should be able to relate to this movie. Girl falls for wrong guy, girl tries to do whatever it takes to keep guy interested, girl doesn't know what she is missing with dorky good guy, etc. This was a cute movie, but it wasn't overly exciting.
raymond s.
April 16, 2009
I really like this movie,i got that on dvd,that movie warms
my heart,i seen it over 30 times,that my favorite.
A. Khan
April 7, 2006
[size=2]I'm sorry, but this movie was just boring.

Here's what's good about it: Marguerite Moreau. She's cute, she's sexy, and can fake a pretty convincing orgasm. The rest of the cast are decent too - their acting is on point, and the "man of desire" is a desi, so I guess I have to give this film some credit. Eh, no I don't. The story was terrible. It's about a self-proclaimed "easy chick" and "jerk magnet" named Jamie (Moreau), who hooks up with another loser, screws him on the first date, and declares an oath of celebacy when he also turns out to be a loser. But is he (Naveen Andrews) really a loser, or just weak? I mean, really, yes, it's wrong for him to get into a relationship with someone if he's not over his ex. But he doesn't lie to her. As soon as his ex tries to get back with him, he tells Jamie the truth. And even after he's broken her heart, he still tries to be nice to her. Not the best guy in the world, but not malicious or dishonest. Just weak, like I said. Like this film.

But I'm getting ahead of myself. Okay, so she declares the oath of celebacy, but has this great guy (Brian E O'Byrne) staring her right in the face, her friend. Gee, I wonder who she's going to end up with at the end? Of course, he's "just a friend" (aren't they all), but then, in an unpredictable, not funny, and, let's face it, desperate twist, he gets his ex wife, a bisexual, pregnant. Why? I have no fucking idea. I don't think anything in this movie has a fucking idea, I really think it might all be shit that really happened to writer - director Jane Weinstock that she thought would make a good film. But as is the problem with most independent cinema these days: just because it's real doesn't mean it's good. This is FILMMAKING. That means that the art is not just or even primarily in the story, it's in the DIRECTION. When we see a poorly directed movie, we start noticing everything else that's wrong with it, like the fact that the story is predictable and makes little sense. In this film, Jamie tries desperately to find love and ends up screwing it up herself but not really, but stretches that whole process over something like two hours (that's what it felt like). Moreau and cast do their best with the material, but it's wack. Pure and simple. Interesting characters / world - SHITTY execution, IMO.

No wonder the only recognizable blurb on the back is by (ugh!) Jeffrey Lyons.

[/size]
Academock
June 27, 2005
[b]TV[/b] First Viewing, 1 Weinstock film seen

Just because it plays Sundance, it doesn't mean it is good. This film was an official selection, but if it weren't for Emily Deschanel's boxhead and Marguerite Moreau (who was lucky enough to star in both [i]The Mighty Ducks[/i] and [i]Wet Hot American Summer[/i]), I would have skipped over this bland romance.
zerohero
June 12, 2005
[font=Garamond][size=7] [i]easy [/i][/size][/font]
[i][font=Garamond][size=3]easy is a romance movie which i picked up and rented it cause it had lot's of sundace awards ,and alot of raves about it on the case ,well they were wrong this movie is crap a common movie that has no point or reason ,the story is crap and really didnt hold my inrestest at all ,it's bland and boring and is not worth your time -3:rotten: -zero[/size][/font][/i]
Mike