43% Sin City: A Dame to Kill For Aug 22

41% Working the Engels: Season 1
77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Eight Legged Freaks Reviews

February 19, 2011
Common-or-garden creature-horror movie. Only worth watching because it includes a pre-fame Scarlett Johansson.

Not original - reminds me a lot of Tremors (which itself wasn't that original). Pretty much standard creature-horror plot, action and CGI.

Even the CGI, which you would think would be the best feature, seems a bit crude.

As mentioned, worth watching because it includes Scarlett Johansson before she was famous. Her next movie was Lost in Translation...

Kari Wuhrer is also eminently watchable. David Arquette proves yet again that his siblings got the acting genes, while his talents clearly must lie elsewhere.
moviesbewithyou2
April 8, 2014
A funny and awesome dark comedy. I enjoyed it because it's somewhat creepy if you have a fear of spiders, and it's just a good fun movie.
Maverick
March 3, 2014
Eight Legged Freaks never forgets what it is and never takes itself too seriously, with an added nice little touch of self-depreciating humor.
February 11, 2014
It's goofy & B grade but it is a surprisingly fun monster flick
Miles K.
January 5, 2014
Fun, silly B-movie homage with cool fx. 7.3/10
John W.
December 11, 2013
Mindlessly entertaining fun with nods to the creature features of the 50's.
December 2, 2013
Eight Legged Freaks is a fun watch. It may not be another Jurassic Park but yes, it is entertaining. The spiders looked real, the humor was good and the cast also impressed.
October 25, 2013
David Arquette and Kari Wuhrer help a small town rid itself of a giant spider attack. This is typical creature feature type stuff. The CGI is pretty dated at this point. You do get to see a younger Scarlett Johansson. Overall, a pretty standard film for the genre, does about what you expect one to do: lots of cheesy lines, gore, and plenty of cheesiness.
Brian M. Moviedude
October 13, 2013
I just finished writing a review of the very lame Sharknado movie, and it reminded me of another attempt at recreating a B-horror movie in Eight Legged Freaks. Though Eight Legged freaks is a far better movie. And, a lot more fun!

The story is about a small town that gets over-run by giant spiders, that have been mutated by a toxic waste spill near a spider farm. The spiders start out small and grow to gigantic sizes, where we get to see all different kinds of species of spiders go on a stomping and eating spree in the city. And, local towns people are trying to find some way to get rid of them, while spiders are snatching them up one by one, and either having them for dinner, or taking them elsewhere for another purpose, which you will discover later on in the movie.

The town gets together in a safe place in the local mall, only to find that they have walked right into the spiders domain, to find themselves surrounded by even more spiders. It's a good story, and some of it is even funny, outside of the obvious spider creepy-ness. And, some of the spiders are very cool, and I did not think any of the spider effects were cheap or hokey at all.

The acting was pretty decent, and the story was good. So, I really enjoyed it. Though I really do hate spiders, and the bigger they are, the more I hate them. So, this was funny and creepy at the same time. I know if it really happened, I would jump in my car and get the hell out of town..fast!!
September 6, 2013
It could have been worse for a spider movie. l'm not a big fan of spider movies. It was like a newer version of the old b movies. It had a fee comical aspects but I wouldn't call it funny. It wasn't scary either. It had some gross moments with go o from the spiders. It did have a better beginning than ending. A man collected spiders and a boy come to visit his spider farm. He found some bugs contaminated by barrels being dumped into the water. The spiders got loose and grew to enormous sizes. They went into the mine shaft and then into the town, killing and taking people to their nest, cacooned. It had Matt Czuchry (Logan in Gilmore Girls)
as Bret. It was not one of his best roles.
August 30, 2013
Whatever I enjoyed watching Eight Legged Freaks. Seems like it runs out of ideas as it goes on and sometimes it's dark but really cheesy. It is supposed to be though. Pass if you get the chance. However, I did laugh out loud a couple of times and it is campy and Johansson is in it.
July 28, 2013
a respectable monster film
February 6, 2009
Surprisingly fun and wild Science-fiction action movie that is a wonderful throwback to horror B- movies.
Dann M

June 28, 2013
Eight Legged Freaks is an atrociously bad creature feature that tries to homage the classic low-budget sci-fi films of the '50s. When a group of spiders are exposed to toxic waste they grow to gigantic proportions and attack a small town in the middle of the desert. David Arquette, Kari Wuhrer, Doug E. Doug, and Scarlett Johansson star, but the characters are little more than one-dimensional stereotypes. The special effects aren't that bad, but most of it's poorly staged. Unfortunately, Eight Legged Freaks fails completely, both as a B-movie and as a satire of a B-movie.
crouch875gmailcom
June 2, 2013
I hate spiders and yet I like it I found it quite amusing I mean who doesn't want to see giant spider get shot in the head I recommend this film to all b movie fans
May 13, 2013
Based on classic monster movies this should be a great laugh. Unfortunately, after a promising start it becomes a bit pedestrian. Some of the spiders look good but the CGI does look ropey in places. There are some good laughs (the cat fight in the drywall) but not enough to lift this film above average. (13.5.13)
April 19, 2013
Probably wasn't meant to be, but this was an hilarious movie :D I loved the way the spiders 'hopped' after their pray. But there was nothing special about this movie, dumb but fun to watch
September 24, 2007
Lots of Gremlins-style fun to be had here.
March 31, 2013
I'd be a freak if I ever watched this~
March 16, 2013
Eight Legged Freaks does what it sets out to do, it's not serious at all, it's in the same vein as the demented monster movie genre that has come before it, some scenes are a little funny but overall it becomes tiresome, some stuff gets drawn out for no reason at all and i didn't know if David Arquette was secretly Wil Wheaton or not.