40% Sin City: A Dame to Kill For Aug 22

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Ein Freund von Mir (A Friend of Mine) Reviews

Henrik S

October 22, 2009
I do appreciate the statement of the movie, find joy in simple things and don't take life too seriously, unfortunately I found the execution a bit bland and formulaic and relying too much on Vogel's performance who kind of constitutes the antithesis of the protagonists lifestyle, but his character is ultimately constructed in too random a fashion and disconnected from realistic causality to be realistic and engaging. The overall tone of the movie is bleak and the sarcastic humour which is supposed to signify an escape from the mills of everyday life comes across as nod to the gallows instead of silver lining behind the cloud. I can see where the filmmakers were trying to go, but I found the movie too uninspired and middle of the road.

HX
thereverendtholomewplague
May 26, 2011
Quite a silly flick, but with things kind of all over the place. It was slightly entertaining, I must admit. It's interesting too, but also somewhat dull. But otherwise it is indeed a fun flick, with dry sarcastic humor and so on. I found it alright.
February 3, 2012
Quirky movie about about an unlikely friendship between a social misfit and a social conformist. Actually quite amusing but no real message to the film.
April 27, 2011
It's an unusual film but I like it. It's feel-good and positive for the most part. However, I think Karl is not the right character for Bruehl. That said, Vogel certainly wouldn't be suitable for him either!
Toma
February 3, 2011
Love the actors, espectially Daniel Brühl of course. And love the moments with spanish.. so, I really like it, no matter that it's clearly not the best movie ever.
January 15, 2011
Amizade inusitada entre um jovem com futuro promissor na empresa e um motorista. Engraçado, sensível, fotografia muito boa, atuação ótima, diálogos riquíssimos. Tá na fossa? Não sabe o que fazer da vida? Precisando de um amigo? Assista.