EK MAIN AIR EKK TU Reviews

June 27, 2014
A promising introduction, but it steers off course soon after. Too boring! (First and only viewing - 6/24/2014)
March 27, 2012
I didn't expect Netflix to pick this up so quickly, but I'm glad they did. It was such an interesting movie, with less emphasis on the traditional happily ever after love stories that Bollywood tries to create. This one was more about real life, without getting trying to be all nitty gritty. It's normal-ish people trying to find happiness. Well, specifically, Rahul Kapoor. He accidentally ends up married to Riana after a drunken night in Las Vegas, after losing his job, but little does he realize that this is the best thing that has ever happened to him. He slowly learns to be comfortable with himself and finally step up to reach happiness. It's really cute and the main theme is such an awesome song.
April 10, 2012
As much as I love Imran... this movie was just "perfectly average". I got what they were going for... but it kind lacked... well the basics. Like a plot.. a climax.. connection with the characters. Watchable but not that entertaining. Neither here nor there. Just like the characters themselves. I normally think a lot of Indian movies are overdramatic.. but this one was perhaps a bit too underdone. Then again maybe i was just tired when i wached it.
March 17, 2013
Its much watchable, then it appears!! :)
February 25, 2013
A few drinks too many leads an uptight architect and quick-witted hairstylist to marry in Las Vegas. Can a mistake lead to friendship and love?
August 13, 2012
I never had too many expectations from this one but even then this Rom-Com fails to impress, despite having all the usual ingredients. I was going through the ratings from the leading critics. Most of them rated it with 3-4 stars. But their reviews don't exactly shower the praise that 3-4 star movies deserve.

May be its Karan Johar's Brand that's responsible for the mismatch between Ratings and the actual Reviews.

EMAET has nothing new to offer. The best gags of the movie were already shown in the promos. So when the actual movie begins you start looking for more fun. And that's where you get disappointed. Especially when you are watching the movie with just 20 people in the theater.

In the first half of the movie you get an impression that you watching Jab We Met set in a different locale and culture. Kareena plays the hip version of the free spirited Geet from the original. And you don't actually sympathize with Imran, in his size-zero avatar, playing Aditya who seems to have lost it all.

And as the odd couple spends time together, what follows next is the usual guy falling for the girl who seems to have changed his life and perception. But I never understood the "You are Perfectly Average" philosophy .
Humor is too subdued . There are very few moments when you are actually tickled. Especially the first few minutes of the Imran's interaction with his Ex Girlfriend. Even there, director drags the scene too long to a predictable end. The scene where Imran vents out his frustration reminds you of better versions from Lakhya and Wake Up Sid.

The film actually scores in its ending. Rarely a Bollywood movie has shown a more mature end to a Rom-Com. I wish they had shown same maturity throughout the movie.

In sync with the film's philosophy , its an average affair.
July 5, 2012
Persahabatan biasanya berakhir dengan kisah cinta, lalu menikah. Tapi ini tidak. "Ek Main Aur Ekktu" menceritakan persahabatan Rahul dan Riana yang keduanya sama-sama merantau di Las Vegas Amerika. Keduanya bertemu dan menceritakan kehidupannya masing-masing, sampai pada waktunya mereka tidak ada rasa cinta sama sekali yang ada persahabatan menjadi erat dibawa pulang sampai ke negerinya India.
½ May 8, 2012
Ek Main Aur Ek Tu: The new age Mainstream Hindi Movie...

"EMAET" is coming of age mainstream Hindi Movie. The story revolves around Rahul Kapoor (Imran Khan) a mama's boy, whose parents played by Ratna Pathak Shah & Boman Irani dictate his life till he has a chance meeting with Rihana Braganza (Kareena Kapoor) in Vegas and in a drunken stupor gets married to her post which how his life changes forms the crux of the story.

You may find a slight resemblance to "It happened in Vegas" the Cameron Diaz & Ashtun Kutcher movie, but this is a much better movie. Shakun Batra defines the new age showmen of Bollywood with their fresh approach to mainstream hindi movie. Shakun's story and screenplay is without any of the apt repeated clichés and a true date movie. The climax is the highlight of the movie and Shakun does not fall in the trap of the typical hindi movie and gives a very mature and practical end. The screenplay is the highlight of the movie which chronicles 25 days of the lead pair and is very fresh. Do not expect any melo-drama or over the top sequence, it is subtle but impactful.

The Kareena Kapoor & Imran Khan pairing has an unusual chemistry and they successfully balance their act. Especially Imran Khan who does a commendable job and Kareena Kapoor again re-establish the fact that she is the true Diva with her brilliant portrayal of Rihana Braganza. The support cast like Ratna Pathak Shah, Boman Irani, Soniya Mehra, Ram Kapoor do justice to their respective characters.

The Cinematography of David Mac Donald is breath taking and captures Las Vegas and Mumbai beautifully. Music by Amit Trivedi does justice to the story especially the title track, Gubbare & Aunty ji. The lyrics of Amitabh Bhattacharya is soulful especially "Gubbare", slowly Amitabh is becoming our modern age Gulzar.

"EMAET" is your new age Hindi Masala pop corn fair. A WORTH WATCH; 3 Stars from me.
½ April 28, 2012
Script could have been tighter -- watchable (somewhat)
½ April 21, 2012
A welcome deviation from the frothy RomComs of Bollywood and it proudly joins its cousin 'Wake Up Sid' from the Dharma stable, though with a less convenient ending. Contrary to my doubts the on screen couple of Imran Khan and Kareena Kapoor exude cosy chemistry and Imran Khan gives a subtle performance while Kareena slips into the urban 'Geet'esque garb of Jab We Met. The family of Kareena is played by lovable and goofy artists and Las Vegas features as a surprising non garish supporting backdrop. All in all a nice way to unwind on a weekend if you can drop your typical Bollywood expectation hat at home and for me it was to watch Kareena mesmerise me one more time!!
½ April 21, 2012
Not great but not worth hating too.Decent one time watch.
½ March 30, 2012
story was okay almost typical bollywood, but the quirky kareena kapoor role keeps the movie entertaining, i must say imraan was also beyond personal expectations
March 26, 2012
Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu is one of those films in which you expect something much, but turns out something else. Obviousley copied from What Happens In Vegas, the film doesn't stand a chance against the original, however is still very well filmed and entertained. It hits you right at the heart, but the un-expecting climax ruins the show.

Recommended mostly for Youth
Verdict = Average
March 25, 2012
Hallelujah Bollywood!!!!! At least you got it in the right track at the end!!!
March 20, 2012
Isn't all that great. Plays on cliched themes, but manages to pull itself to a decent ending. Imran disappoints, but Kareena is the saving face of the movie.
February 23, 2012
boring, predictable and cliched, EMAET isnt worth a watch.................
but dere r somethings dat make it special...................Imran's improvement at acting, good locations and uneven end. But dese dont make up for the flaws.
February 21, 2012
One time watchable..!!
½ February 19, 2012
Ek main aur ekk tu: ''Picture kab shuru hui kab khatam hui kisi ko pata nahi chala..''
TOI, I will unsubscribe your newspaper, if you again give 4 star to some wannabe romantic flick..
February 17, 2012
Weak in points where it is supposed to be the strongest. Nevertheless, it a breezy romantic flick. Keeps a smile on your face. The ending is non conventional (and abrupt) but makes sense. Extra points for the music and Kareena. I really love her look in the movie ! :)
February 13, 2012
It's got an interesting twist on the generic rom-com storyline, but it falls short in the final third when it decides to overdo the "marriage first, then love" schtick and ends up with the ending no one wants to see going into a romantic comedy-genre film.