Breakin' 2 - Electric Boogaloo Reviews

December 28, 2012
Horrible name (it even rhymes), but a good movie. From the start I was afraid that this sequel was going to be different, it looked like an all out musical from the first scene, but it got better after that. It's all about the break dancing team trying to raise money for their youth arts/community center, which is going to be destroyed and turned into a mall. You would think that teenagers would welcome a mall, where they could hang out, shop, and even get jobs, but this community is all about dancing and the arts, and I loved that. I was rooting for them all the way through, and I wasn't disappointed by a cheesy ending either. I liked this movie.
RCCLBC
½ February 21, 2008
The name alone makes this sequel of all sequels.
deano
March 13, 2007
This sometimes exhilarating break-dancing movie is better than the original.
½ February 12, 2007
Cute 80s movie sequel, except for the excess of florescent spandex.
divinetrash
December 31, 2007
I have to be the proudest owner of this sequel, the one destined to rule them all. Everything horrible that ever came out of the 1980's was super glued into the most generic of stories with performances that would make Pia Zadora look like an Academy Award darling. Still, you can't help but love all the cheese.
½ November 9, 2013
Anyone who doesn't live under a rock will instantly see that this movie's style is dated - even Ice-T (featured rapper in the film) called it wack. It combines a lot of the cheese from the 80s all in one: from the hairdos to the clothes you wouldn't find in anyone's closet today, to the lingo. However, in the context of its time, I think this is a great sequel. It brings back the lovable protagonists from the first film, supercharges them with a noble cause, and puts hip hop dance in the mainstream light. Even to this day, it's still pretty underground. What Breakin and Breakin 2 did was phenomenal for dancers. 30 years ago, in an age before online videos, a feature that included this much real hip hop dance was certainly more difficult to come by and more appreciated. The story itself isn't bad either. While cheesy and now cliche, this was one of the movies that pioneered a lot of the cliches we see in dance films now. There is a little bit of stuff overlooked in the plot (with some feuds unresolved or swept under the rug), but it's overall really positive. I smile just thinking about how many jobs the production gave for dancers.
½ February 8, 2010
It won't enrich your life but at least you'll recognize a lot of people in it. It has the typical rich white power mad villain.
½ September 4, 2007
"i believe int he beat...i believe in the way i felllWhen I'm dancing it seems like...everything's alright..."
August 15, 2007
This is still my favorite dance movies of all-time. I remember watching this all the time when I was a little kid back in like '88 and '89. Always wanted to learn how to breakdance, but never did. Turbo's dance scene on the ceiling is still my favorite.
May 1, 2007
They're not breakin' their necks dancin' like You Got Served but Adolfo Quinones kicks their butt as the originator in this blueprint movie.
February 9, 2007
In 1984, "Breakin'" came out to the theartes, and later on, a sequel, this film is a good film and has some good qualities as the first. The dancing is great and the music, too.
December 11, 2006
This is the movie...probably the reason i used to like to wear spandex...lol...no but the part when he fell down all 1000 steps...lol that was funny
November 24, 2006
For awhile I thought this Breakin' movie was better than the first but now, after all theses years and showin' these to my kids.....I'm lovin' the first one.....and I still get the groove on when the movie music plays!!!
½ September 26, 2014
"We're gonna stop you cold."-Ozone (Adolfo "Shabba-Doo" Quinones)

I miss the the 80's.
½ March 29, 2014
three stars for the movie, a star and a half for "electric boogaloo" in the title.
April 29, 2012
An accurate portrayal of life on the mean and all too cruel streets of Los Angeles in the 80s. I remember how the hoodlums would break into dance (or as the kids called it, "breakdance") for apparently no reason. But they believed in the beat! They believed in a miracle! Electro Rock for life, cabron!
½ June 13, 2012
It's got some stylish dancing but the plot has been done a hundred times over and the main protagonist is fairly useless. Though the cornyness is worth something.
April 16, 2012
The crew from the first Breakin' are back and they're running through the 80's movie trope of rescuing a community center from corporate greed. The only thing they have at their disposal are fly dance moves, but fortunately this film takes place in a universe where just about any problem can be solved with breakdancing. Not only do they save the community center with pop-locking, but breakdancing is also used to settle gang disputes, heal broken bones, and even resurrect the dead. Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo has a willfully dumb story, but people who ironically enjoy bad movies will find this one highly rewarding.