Elm-Chanted Forest - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Elm-Chanted Forest Reviews

August 5, 2009
I loved this as a kid and still do... who can resist fifi the fox, emperor spine, thistle the wizard and the truffle shuffle?!!
½ June 13, 2009
I don't know if I'd like it at all now, but when I was about 7, it was the best movie in the world. IN THE WORLD.
February 20, 2009
One of my favorite cartoons from my childhood (of course, the original in Croatian language, Cudesna Suma.. I guess it loses a lot in translation). I can't look at it from an overly serious point of view, emotions welling up so fast. Damn lovable characters, brilliant atmosphere, a classic.
½ December 7, 2008
Okay, this is quite the film. I used to watch this film pretty much every day when I was 5 for about a year. I don't think I've seen it since then. I came about this film recently and had to watch it again. I now realize that the caroon I loved when I was young is actually a crazy film from Estonia or Yugoslavia or somewhere made by a bunch of hippies that were on all sorts of drugs. It's about a painter who sleeps under and enchanted elm tree and becomes "Elm Chanted" so he can talk to the animals. There's an evil cactus king that hates beavers and wants to destroy the forest. And there's a boxing bear who likes to drink beer (sorry, it's actually "bear" he likes to drink), this crazy blue thing called Baron Burr, a bunch of evil mushrooms who dance the truffle shuffle, and a bunch of other weird characters. Man, this was one messed up movie. Now if only I can get a hold of the other animated film I watched all the time, The Gallavants, maybe that one's not as trippy.