The Movie was great

how anyone could not like it is just flat out ridicules... Good story, Great non-stop action. Just what I want from a summer movie. Detractors are one thing. But hey you were not going to see a drama when you sat down for this movie. Neil is a really great director.. I like the movie a lot...
Robert Stowell
09-1-2013 02:08 PM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Vincent

Dickah Sperman

RIP cj thomas

He is most likely dead now.

May 25 - 11:31 PM

Vincent  F.

Vincent Fissore

Surprisingly weak story, long bloated actions sequences, highly uneven acting (special mentions to Jodie Foster, who is being given a long-past opportunity to show off her skills in the French language, for some reason, and Sharlto Copley, who shows us he has not lost his humoristic edge of the A-Team movie and his oh -so sexy Afrikaans accent from District 9) and a surprisingly unsatisfying end. I am happy with this movie being one of the steady financial successes of the summer, but this is one of the most impressive letdowns in terms of storytelling and freshness...

Sep 14 - 04:52 PM

Migs Rodriguez

Migs Rodriguez

Plenty of people didn't like this movie. Nothing ridiculous about it since its all a matter of opinion. People kill me when they say they like a movie, so that means its impossible for other people not to like it. People on this site need to get over themselves.

BTW...I thought it could have been way better.

Sep 8 - 11:03 AM

cj t.

cj thomas

Story: Horrible, I mean why dont the refugees who crash landed on Elysium just hijack a ship with the invisibility pods. The worst part of the movie was trying to understand the Spanish accents, oh my god. I wondered why most of the fellow movie watchers in my cinema were Spanish, now I know why.
Action: How can the director of District 9 make such horrible action. It was like watching someone playing a video game. If you want to see Matt Damon shoot a modded AK-47 with exploding bullets, press x now. The weapons were so futuristic, that it really didnt feel anything like a gun battle at all.

Sep 1 - 03:58 PM

Caitlin Rix

Caitlin Rix

"trying to understand the Spanish accents" - Bahahahaha, really? I understood perfectly and no I do not speak Spanish, nor am I around Spanish people on a regular basis.

Sep 3 - 03:19 PM

Mitchell Nash

Mitchell Nash

I could understand the accents well enough even though I only speak English and haven't been around any Spanish people. However, it was a bit jarring and odd. Are the only poor people in LA Spanish or something? Visually, this movie was great. A lot of the other aspects, though, weren't executed well.

If there's one thing I dislike in action movies, it's when I can't tell what's happening [in a fight, car chase, etc.]. Sloppily filmed and edited fighting is annoying and this happens quite a bit in this movie. I don't think this movie was well thought out. Quite a few things could change. It's a shame because I felt it had a lot of potential.

Sep 3 - 06:47 PM

Chase The Lost

Chase: The Lost Trollfighter

So I'm supposed to ignore the flawed logic, the asinine plotlines, and the obvious prejudicial undertones because this is a "summer movie?" Get real.

Sep 1 - 02:22 PM

cj t.

cj thomas

Nice to see you again Chase. I totally agree with your comment. The movie was a huge disappointment to me as well and an utter mess. Do you notice these glorious reviews praising movies, but they are so ridiculous, you can tell the person never saw the movie?
I hate to believe this, but dang, do studios pay people to make hyped-up reviews like Roberts? Oh wait, just make a RT account and boom a retarded review praising a movie in all the ways the movie was actually terrible in.

Sep 1 - 03:01 PM

Chase The Lost

You know something, CJ? You're a really smart dude. :)

Sep 1 - 03:12 PM

cj t.

cj thomas

Thanks man. Im just stating the obvious really. Ive gone through tons of RT forums and found there's always a studio plant somewhere.

Ive got cancer, so I was really hoping to see some good movies before I pass, but dang, hollywood is cheating me.

Sep 1 - 03:51 PM

Chase The Lost

You WHAT?! Dude, that's fucking horrible. I'm so sorry.

Sep 1 - 04:08 PM

cj t.

cj thomas

You should go to IMDB . c o m . Im finding there reviews and posts to a much more reliable there. Not so many studio plants.

Sep 1 - 04:29 PM

Mitchell Nash

Mitchell Nash

Whoa, you've got cancer? Judging from your comment, it seems terminal. :( Sorry that the movie was a let down [was for me as well].

Grimly ironic that the main character was terminal in the movie. Perhaps you can watch some classics you've never seen before you pass?

Sep 18 - 08:35 PM

Vincent

Dickah Sperman

Cancer?

May 25 - 11:30 PM

Mitchell Nash

Mitchell Nash

I fully agree.

Sep 18 - 08:35 PM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile