Weekly Ketchup: Empire Strikes Back Writer Returns to Franchise

Summary

This week's Ketchup is coming to you on a Wednesday morning instead of Friday evening because of Thanksgiving Thursday giving pretty much everyone in Hollywood a much, much shorter work week. So, half a week means only half the usual number of stories (five this week, from the standard ten). Back to Article

Comments

Trigmatic Boosu Kena

Trigmatic Boosu Kena

nice one but add me on skype belindalove0000

Nov 22 - 09:23 PM

Trigmatic Boosu Kena

Trigmatic Boosu Kena

ok

Nov 22 - 09:31 PM

Trigmatic Boosu Kena

Trigmatic Boosu Kena

ok

Nov 22 - 09:31 PM

Gordon Franklin Terry Sr

Gordon Terry

you're also an idiot for voting for Mitt Romney . . . what the heck is your problem. INDEPENDENCE DAY is AWESOME!!!! Only idiots who voted for Sarah Palin and Mitt Romney would say otherwise. Romney earned less votes than Mccain. Independence Day is on TV waaay too often--over exposure killed it.

Nov 22 - 09:46 PM

Josiah Coulter

Josiah Coulter

Wow, you are really annoying.

Nov 23 - 01:15 AM

ProducerPaul

Paul Barrett

What exactly does who you voted for have to do anything with what movie you liked. This is a movie forum not a political forum. Take your rants elsewhere. (And before you come down on me, I voted for Obama, but if I want to read any more political BS, I'll go to Facebook or a political website, so knock it off.)

Nov 23 - 02:18 PM

bob  j.

bob jones

i like independence day but this is just a stupid comment. what does the election have to do with liking independence day? over-exposure? what does that even mean?

Nov 23 - 08:28 PM

Kate Avery

Kate Avery

i voted Obama. and while I think that for a mindless, just have-fun popcorn flick, it does its job well, Independence Day is in no way a GOOD movie. At best, it's an entertaining piece of crap. Gordon, you are just as crazy as Palin and the rest of the extremist right wingers. You just play for the other side. As a devoted member of that side, most of the time I wish you would just SHUT UP. You are NOT helping our cause, just making us look crazy too. The biggest problem this country is facing is the partisanship that is slowly destroying it. If both sides can't figure out how to stop complaining about the other and actually work with each other again, then economy, nothing, will ever be fixed. Gordon, this is a movie site. Not a political one. If you insist on making every conversation political, go somewhere else. But I sincerely hope, for the love of your country, you just shut up completely.

Nov 24 - 06:20 AM

Alex Szatkowski

Alex Szatkowski

yeah, Independence day was just another alien invasion film.

Nov 24 - 11:35 PM

Gordon Franklin Terry Sr

Gordon Terry

The only problem: Lawrence Kasdan is THIRTY YEARS OLDER than he was when writing Empire Strikes Back . . . old age kills movie-making. Look at how bad the second batch of Star Wars films were some 25 years after the originals . . . AND . . .look at how PISS-AWFUL Prometheus is when compared to ALIEN . . . Ridley Scott, George Lucas, and Larry Kasdan MAY SIMPLY be too old to undertake the filmmaking process --- but these guys are also geniuses and still can pull rabbits out of hats and make brilliant masterpieces!!!!

Nov 22 - 09:51 PM

Frisby2007

Frisby 2007

Prometheus, a bad movie? Lmao. Man, I love the idiots this page continues to gather.

Nov 23 - 02:43 AM

Zane B

Chum Chum

Pretty sure you're the biggest one

Nov 23 - 07:20 AM

Jonathan Edward O.

Jon Owens

Said the man named Chum Chum...

Nov 23 - 02:04 PM

ProducerPaul

Paul Barrett

He only said it was bad compared to Alien, which is true. What I will say is it was a great bunch of philosophical ideas surrounded by a bad story and cardboard characters who were about as smart as your average horror movie teenager.

Nov 23 - 02:15 PM

Zane B

Chum Chum

My names just Chum Chum on rotten tomatoes...nice try

Nov 23 - 06:28 PM

George V.

George Voulcan

tss, anyone who thinks Prometheus is a good movie is a worthless excuse of humanity with low standards. You're the reason hollywood churns out crap you slothering moron.

Nov 23 - 10:46 PM

Frisby2007

Frisby 2007

Man, I love being right.

Nov 24 - 12:42 AM

Valmordas

Val Mordas

Too bad you never are, isn't it.

Nov 24 - 04:23 PM

Tipton B.

Tipton Brian

Prometheus had a lot of problems structurally, and the performances weren't that stellar either. It's very flawed, live with it.

Nov 24 - 05:02 PM

ProducerPaul

Paul Barrett

I would beg to differ about the age thing. Spielberg, Scorsese and Eastwood are still turning out some pretty good stuff.

Nov 23 - 02:16 PM

Gordon Franklin Terry Sr

Gordon Terry

I agree . . .Lawrence Kasdan is 63-years old now . . . in 1980 he was 31-years old. WELL LET'S LOOK AT ACTS 2:17 - 21 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy: And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:
The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:
And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.///// Old Men will Dream Dreams, Young Men WILL HAVE VISIONS. . . films are "about" VISIONS and novels and paintings are "about" DREAMS. Old Men (like Larry Kasdan cannot make films). HEMMINGWAY was an old man when he wrote OLD MAN AND THE SEA . . . he didn't film it or write it as a screenplay, he WROTE it as a novel and it won the 1964 PULITZER PRIZE FOR LITERATURE!!! Literature is for Old Men and Screenwriting is for young men . . . visionaries.

Nov 22 - 10:01 PM

Gordon Franklin Terry Sr

Gordon Terry

1953- Pulitzer Prize

Nov 22 - 10:16 PM

Alex Szatkowski

Alex Szatkowski

this was the biggest piece of bullshit i ever read. "screenplays are for young people". Tell that to woody allen. Sure, his recent films arent as good as his older films, But the script for Midnight in Paris was still very good. The reason older filmmakers tend to disappoint has nothing to do with age, and everything to do with running out of ideas. Lucas was mediocre in his later years because he surrounded himself with "yes men" and never had his ideas shot down. Spielberg is old but still makes great films, same with Scorsese. If Lawrence kasdan was ever a good writer, he will still be one and the script will be good.

Nov 24 - 11:34 PM

Gordon Franklin Terry Sr

Gordon Terry

age ain't nothin' but a number except when working in film. The Memphis film sounds intriguing, yet, movies are executed so poorly these days we'll just have to wait and see.

Nov 22 - 10:04 PM

Janson Jinnistan

Janson Jinnistan

I'm iffy on Greengrass, otherwise, I'd agree that "Memphis" holds a lot of promise.

Nov 23 - 08:54 AM

Gordon Franklin Terry Sr

Gordon Terry

1953- Pulitzer Prize

Nov 22 - 10:16 PM

Alex Szatkowski

Alex Szatkowski

Nov 24 - 11:34 PM

Josiah Coulter

Josiah Coulter

Wow, you are really annoying.

Nov 23 - 01:15 AM

Frisby2007

Frisby 2007

Man, you really are filled with nothing but idiocy, aren't you? I can't believe you're actually that moronic for someone in their 40s.

Nov 23 - 02:40 AM

Valmordas

Val Mordas

I can't believe you haven't managed to get run over by traffic by now. But life has it's disappointments.

Nov 24 - 04:25 PM

Frisby2007

Frisby 2007

I rest my case.

Nov 24 - 06:56 PM

MPreg-Lover

Fred Fredburger

@Val Mordas

You're 40 years old, supposedly, & I've seen 14 year old girls act far more mature than you. How sad.

Nov 24 - 07:46 PM

Valmordas

Val Mordas

How many accounts you got there, George?

Nov 25 - 03:39 AM

Frisby2007

Frisby 2007

1. Why do you ask?

Nov 26 - 02:49 AM

Dave J

Dave J

@Mpreg Lover And I've physically met 50 year olds who have IQ's lower than a 14 year old, so what's your point! And when is a person's age ever a factor around here since the users can just make up their own profiles!

Nov 27 - 02:07 PM

Frisby2007

Frisby 2007

Nov 23 - 02:43 AM

Zane B

Chum Chum

Pretty sure you're the biggest one

Nov 23 - 07:20 AM

Jonathan Edward O.

Jon Owens

Said the man named Chum Chum...

Nov 23 - 02:04 PM

Frisby2007

Frisby 2007

Man, I love being right.

Nov 24 - 12:42 AM

Valmordas

Val Mordas

Too bad you never are, isn't it.

Nov 24 - 04:23 PM

Tipton B.

Tipton Brian

Nov 24 - 05:02 PM

Zane B

Chum Chum

Pretty sure you're the biggest one

Nov 23 - 07:20 AM

Janson Jinnistan

Janson Jinnistan

Nov 23 - 08:54 AM

Janson Jinnistan

Janson Jinnistan

The Human Imagination is an actual fact of life.

Nov 23 - 08:56 AM

Jonathan Edward O.

Jon Owens

Said the man named Chum Chum...

Nov 23 - 02:04 PM

ProducerPaul

Paul Barrett

Nov 23 - 02:15 PM

ProducerPaul

Paul Barrett

Nov 23 - 02:16 PM

ProducerPaul

Paul Barrett

Nov 23 - 02:18 PM

ProducerPaul

Paul Barrett

Independence Day was groundbreaking for its time, but it hasn't aged real well. Still a fun movie though.

Nov 23 - 02:19 PM

Box Office Wrapup
Box Office Wrapup

Captain America Triumphs Again

WonderCon
WonderCon

175 cosplay pictures

Highlights
Highlights

Picture gallery of stoners in film

<em>If I Stay</em>