David Ayer
    In Theaters:
    Sep 21, 2012 Wide
    On DVD:
    Jan 22, 2013
  • Open Road Films

My review of "End of Watch"

Hello all,

I wrote a review of "End of Watch" over at my own website, and figured I'd share a link to it here in case anyone felt like reading it.

LINK: https://ben-weber-ing4.squarespace.com/end-of-watch/

I'm open to any comments or feedback about the review or the movie, and would enjoy discussing it with anyone who either agrees or disagrees with my opinions.
Ben Weber
12-31-2012 07:47 AM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

John McClane

john mclean

who cares about LAPD. This movie sucks on so many levels. Pointless!

Aug 28 - 02:18 AM

Sean Moore

Sean Moore

Where would film makers be without LAPD? The TV show "Southland" often comes off as very fine TV drama. In a reality(unscripted hate-mongering) TV this type of exceptional drama stands out and is welcomed as the way to do good work..

Feb 11 - 10:46 PM

Jim Houghton

Jim Houghton

Anyone feeling any sadness at the end, due to the death of Mr. Pena's character, can ask themselves: is our War on Drugs worth the collateral damage it causes?

Jan 25 - 07:01 PM

Sean Graham

Sean Graham

Racist ass movie,step typing,I guess the only criminals in this racist ass movie is blacks and Mexicans......fuck this movie that's probably why it was on demand 2months after it came out....

Jan 24 - 12:36 AM

Dick Travis

Mick Travis

Uh, one of the heroes is Hispanic and the screenwriter is friends with many who are black and hispanic in South Central. What the fuck is your problem?

Jan 25 - 12:43 AM

todd123

Todd Garry

Sean I believe that is reverse racism.

Feb 1 - 07:03 AM

Sean Moore

Sean Moore

That's an opinion and I thank you for it...so many of the audience goes on like a human Homer Simpson. All drug dealers are over top mad dog, tated-up, gold grill wearing, holding an automatic sideways thug. If you don't believe just watch any filmed drama from the last 30 years ....once Hollywood gets hooked on a fake-ass,contrived, unrealistic, and as you point-out so well "Racist"!!! They never give that character a break( like a lonely,boring ,near-sighted X-Box playing asthmatic jew-boy, for a change(it might even be fun to try) Really so played out and used up!

Feb 11 - 10:54 PM

w@velength

In Your Dreams

Do you actually know any drug dealers? Most of them are over the top, mad dog, tated-up, gold grill wearing, holding an automatic sideways thugs. I'm sorry that a cop film set in LA had too many blacks and latinos for your taste, perhaps the next shootout could be set in Israel, those IDF are experts on corrupt policing.

Feb 12 - 12:15 AM

w@velength

In Your Dreams

Do you actually know any drug dealers? Most of them are over the top, mad dog, tated-up, gold grill wearing, holding an automatic sideways thugs. I'm sorry that a cop film set in LA had too many blacks and latinos for your taste. Perhaps the next shootout could be set in Israel, now there's a racist, crooked country for you.

Feb 12 - 12:16 AM

Yazmin Dominguez

Yazmin Dominguez

Inyourdreams..I assume you know drug dealers then? I didn't really see any true "racism" in the movie other than the two main characters jokes at each other. Sadly,I assumed correctly the Mexican cop was going to die at the end..

Feb 27 - 11:56 AM

Jason Hargraves

Jason Hargraves

Cartel, is the word you are looking for.

Mar 25 - 01:04 PM

Chris Green

Chris Green

Dumb comment, considering the setting was south central LA. I'm going to go out on a limb and say there isn't a whole lot of white gang bangers there.

Jun 27 - 09:20 PM

????? ??????????

????? ??????????

we need more movie like this

Jan 11 - 05:07 PM

BigJane Doe

BigJane Doe

I completely agree!! This was such an accurate depiction of whatsouth central LA must be like to the men in blue that keep us safe. At the end of the day though, it is just a movie. AND a good movie!

Jul 11 - 10:50 AM

????? ??????????

????? ??????????

?????????? ?????? ????? ???????!!!!

Jan 11 - 05:06 PM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile