Hailee Steinfeld in Talks, Harrison Ford Wanted for Ender's Game

Summary

They'd join Asa Butterfield in Gavin Hood's adaptation of the Orson Scott Card novel. Back to Article

Comments

ballermat982

ballermat 982

Very excited for this movie. Loved the novel. Sounds like a great cast so far too!

Dec 2 - 01:16 PM

King Crunk

King Crunk

I was wondering what Steinfeld had been up to since breaking out with True Grit. Ford is always a good addition; he is not exactly a great actor, but he knows his limits and has always chose his roles within them.

Dec 2 - 01:49 PM

Tall Cool One

Tall Cool One !

How is Harrison Ford not a great actor?

Dec 2 - 01:53 PM

Bigbrother

Big Brother

I love Harrison Ford as much as the next guy. Raiders is my favorite movie of all time and if I could chose to be one guy in Hollywood it would be him, but he was never a great actor. A great movie star yes, but not a great actor, plus he's done that Pacino/DeNiro thing where he's seriously lost him mojo from his relative youth. As many people have stated though, he gets a pass because he was Han Solo, Indiana Jones, Jack Ryan and Rick Deckard.

Dec 5 - 10:02 AM

Gordon Franklin Terry Sr

Gordon Terry

All those Confirmed Kills have gone to your head, King Crunk: Harrison Ford is AWESOME!!!! From American Graffiti to Star Wars IV,V,VI to Raiders of the Lost Ark to Witness to Frantic to Patriot Games to Presumed Innocent . . . HARRISON FORD IS THE MAN and Ender's Game would be made all the more awesome with Harrison Ford's participation.///I worked alongside a 23-year old vet with 18 confirmed kills--he was a gunner on a truck, when he said he killed a 12 year old Iraqi it was either kill or be killed.

Dec 2 - 02:13 PM

Janson Jinnistan

Gotta side with the lot, King. Ford is a natural movie star. At worse, you can chalk up this 'nature' as an unconscious effort, if you want to see acting as a more conscious craft. But that doesn't make him any less magnetic or powerful. I agree with reavus (the cornerback?) that he does not always pick the best roles (Hollywood Homicide, Firewall, Crossing Over, etc) but, hey, it's Harrison Ford. Maybe that means more to folks like me who saw Star Wars and Raiders in the theater first run.

Dec 2 - 06:13 PM

Tall Cool One

Tall Cool One !

I know what you mean. When I was just really getting into movies, it was like "Hey, that's Han Solo", "Hey that's Han Solo again. Wow, he's in a lot of good films." He became the most bankable star of two decades because people thought he was a good actor, a quality actor. Before "Raiders of the Lost Ark" action heroes were either tough guys or wise-asses. He started the whole trend of heroes being vulnerable and scared. And I can't believe no one's mentioned "Bladerunner" yet. Talk about acting! After his huge success in the '80s and '90s, I can understand him wanting to take projects that interested him instead of sure things. Remember all the shit films that Christopher Walken did during the last decade? "The Rundown"? "Click"? Does that mean he's not a great actor either? How about Al Pacino? Sean Connery couldn't get a hit through the '80s. It wasn't until "The Untouchables" that he came back on the radar and began appearing in hit films. I'm sorry, but I judge Harrison Ford on the several amazing performances I've seen him do and not the couple of films that weren't my cup of tea.

Dec 2 - 08:04 PM

Janson Jinnistan

Good old fashioned Bank Rolling! Christopher Walken put it best: "I like to work." That's code for "I take the checks that won't bounce". It's a step above going to TV checks (like James Spader, Jeff Goldblum, Forest Whitaker), but everyone from De Niro, Gene Hackman, Michael Caine, John Cusack, Nicholas Cage have become notorious for it. To his credit, Harrison Ford could be doing a lot more of it, but he's got better things to do, like rescuing hikers in his heliocopter.

Dec 2 - 10:06 PM

Tall Cool One

Tall Cool One !

How is Harrison Ford not a great actor?

Dec 2 - 01:53 PM

Bigbrother

Big Brother

Dec 5 - 10:02 AM

Gordon Franklin Terry Sr

Gordon Terry

Dec 2 - 02:13 PM

reavus4983

Mike Saxton

Harrison Ford is a great actor because he's Harrison Ford. But even despite that perpetual truth, he has gotten, or maybe always was terrible at choosing roles, especially since the late 90s. Cowboys and Aliens, as bad as that movie was, at least had some vintage Ford for the first time since kicking Russians off a plane. But it seems he only did that because he's basically a real life cowboy any way, plus he hates special effects-laden space movies.

These are my concerns that Ford won't allow this movie to be awesome by his existence in it.

Dec 2 - 06:00 PM

Bigbrother

Big Brother

Dec 5 - 10:02 AM

New on DVD & Blu-Ray
New on DVD & Blu-Ray

Transcendence, Sabotage, Shōgun...

Pictures of classic movie pairs

Annabelle Trailer
Annabelle Trailer

Horror spin-off of The Conjuring

Laggies Trailer
Laggies Trailer

Keira Knightley is a responsible rebel