Harrison Ford Joins Ender's Game

Summary

He'll play Hyrum Graff in Gavin Hood's adaptation of the Orson Scott Card bestseller. Back to Article

Comments

Dave J

Dave J

I really hope this movie doesn't suck because I really like Harrison Ford!

Dec 21 - 02:46 PM

Brad H.

Brad Hadfield

Can't Ford get a role in a non-action/non-scifi movie? Something along the lines of a Michael Douglas thriller, or maybe something in an ensemble indie? I'd like to see him stretch more as an actor, maybe even do something award-worthy.

Dec 22 - 07:04 AM

Gordon Franklin Terry Sr

Gordon Terry

he was in Witness, Frantic, Regarding Henry, Presumed Innocent, What Lies Beneath, Mosquito Coast, The Fugitive, Sabrina, Air Force One, Firewall etc.//// Harrison Ford has been in more dramas than Sci/Fi films: Star Wars, Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi are the only sci fi movies he'd done (AND Cowboys and Aliens) . . . except that stint in ET as the Principal that's always cut even from the DVD and Bluray discs.///I SEE what you're saying though: lately it seems Harrison has not been in any dramas

Dec 22 - 09:32 AM

Brad H.

Brad Hadfield

Yeah, I just meant more recently. I'm thinking Indy 4, Cowboys & Aliens and now this. I remember he was in some medical drama with Brendan Fraser recently but it bombed. Oh, and that goofy morning show comedy.

I guess I'm just looking for something that could allow him to shine more, like the Witness/Mosquito type movies you mentioned from the 80s.

Dec 22 - 10:13 AM

Gordon Franklin Terry Sr

Gordon Terry

I totally agree . . . "Harrison's Golden Age"///somebody said Hollywood is not spending money on producing straight dramas anymore for the time being and unfortunately Harrison Ford is crazy about money (there was some gossip-columnist who wrote that Harrison Ford demands a lot of money to appear in any film); Hollywood is afraid to spend $150 Million Dollars on a film like Witness--the little Amish Boy living in quaint Lancaster, Pennsylvania who witness a crime and Harrison protecting him. It would have to be the boy is living on an alien planet and Harrison Ford would have to "fighter-blast" his way through the cosmos to protect the boy./// We seem to be living in an "anti-drama" age.

Dec 23 - 02:33 PM

Dec 23 - 02:33 PM

Gordon Franklin Terry Sr

Gordon Terry

Dec 23 - 02:33 PM

Richard Linklater
Richard Linklater

What are his Five Favorite Films?

The Hunger Games
The Hunger Games

New Mockingjay teaser trailer

Emmys
Emmys

Full 2014 nominations list

Planet of the Apes
Planet of the Apes

Watch interviews with the cast