Endure

79% Penny Dreadful: Season 1
84% Welcome to Sweden: Season 1

Endure Reviews

June 8, 2013
Dull, apathetic procedural. The premise is great: Someone ties a woman up in the woods as part of a deviant underground activity... But then is killed by a freak accident which exposes the operation to the cops who are then in a race against time to find the now stranded victim. Good assembly of actors, all the leads I wanted to see... But the film is so distant, cold, mechanical. The heart of the film should be Judd Nelson's dying wife played by Joey Lauren Adams... But that relationship doesn't connect with the audience. The partnership with Devon Sawa is equally disappointing. The most egregious issue with the film is the total lack of tension and suspense. This is a procedural, moving through the steps as coldly as a police report. There doesn't even feel like a ticking clock - Clare Kramer remains looking fantastic stranded in the woods the last day of her capture as she did on the first! Tom Arnold could be a really creepy villain, but he feels so cardboard in the film... What happened!?
April 7, 2012
It's a sad, sad day when Tom Arnold is the best actor in a movie. I loved the premise but the movie fell flat on its proverbial face. I can forgive a first time feature writer/director, but did Judd Nelson forget how to act? This is supposed to be a thriller. I wasn't thrilled. There are, however, far worse films out there.
December 8, 2012
This movie has been criticized for the time spent on the lead detective and his wife's interaction about her illness, but that is part of the point--he is torn between two women who are dying. One he can save and the other he cannot, and the one he can't is his wife,whose heart condition lost her their child, while his last moments with her are endangering the life of a serial killer victim who is pregnant but is getting closer to death every moment until she is found. Although not the fastest paced mystery I've ever seen, it is far from the worst I've ever seen, as some reviews led me to believe. Hence my mixed feelings about critics.
September 6, 2012
Dude my Uncle made this film! haha It was alright I guess haha.
May 21, 2012
Boring and made-for-TV quality to boot. The sad thing is the setup is a great basis for a suspense thriller and was genuinely intriguing but almost immediately the movie started into it's main act it got distracted with glacial police work and character development that was pure padding.