Enemy at the Gates Quotes
The top Enemy at the Gates quotes selected by the Rotten Tomatoes community. Login to submit a quote!
- Danilov: I've been such a fool, Vassili. Man will always be a man. There is no new man. We tried so hard to create a society that was equal, where there'd be nothing to envy your neighbour. But there's always something to envy. A smile, a friendship, something you don't have and want to appropriate. In this world, even a Soviet one, there will always be rich and poor. Rich in gifts, poor in gifts. Rich in love, poor in love.
- Vassili Zaitsev: Sad to have a dream you know won't happen.
- Khrushchev: You won't give up the river bank. I don't care if you lost half your men. Lose the other half. Lose yourself.
- Khrushchev: You see, they're stubborn. That's the good thing about the Germans. Man, you got to admit, when they get an idea in their heads...
- General von Paulus: My army is not designed for this kind of fighting. Yesterday, yet again I had to promote 25 sergeants to replace the officers shot down by the sharpshooters. Those snipers are demoralizing my people. This city is no more than a heap of ruins, but the Fuhrer's persisting. We should trust the fuhrer's instinct, he always managed to lead us to victory. We shall be at home for Christmas. How are you going to go about finding this young Russian?