91% Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes Jul 11

79% Penny Dreadful: Season 1
84% Welcome to Sweden: Season 1

Enter the Ninja Reviews

January 26, 2014
Cheesy and overdone but hey, it's Ninja.
roscobear
September 30, 2013
"I want my Black Ninja! Get him for me!"
Silly but eminently watchable old tosh from the halcyon VHS days of Cannon films and their seemingly unstoppable flow of "Golan-Globus Productions". Original 'Django' Franco Nero stars as Cole: an ex-soldier who has travelled east to learn the mysterious art of ninjitsu. Seemingly as soon as his training is complete, he is called into action by that old chestnut plotline: "ex-army buddy being harassed by hardball corporate cocks who want his oil-drenched piece of land". Thug-twatting mayhem ensues.
The fight sequences throughout are pretty much complete bobbins, as only ole' Sho Kosugi (as the baddie 'Black Ninja', Hasegawa) seems capable of anything resembling convincing martial arts onscreen. Nero himself looks like he can't be arsed, and the numerous petty baddies do so much more bobbing and weaving around him rather than attacking him en-masse it makes you wonder why they were hired in the first place. Still, Nero's superb 'tache and blue-eyed stare go some way to make up for his lack of fight training.
Susan George (of the original 'Straw Dogs' fame) plays his buddy's wife and has little to do but get taken as the pre-requisite female hostage near the end of the movie. However, earlier on, and more disturbingly; she is at first molested by and then enjoys a (thankfully unseen) consensual shag with Nero's ninja. Who is supposed to be coming to her husband's aid. Hmm.
Christopher George (no relation) is the chief corporate villain (boo!) and a very campy one at that - he hams it up rather well while making endless demands of his minions and inexplicably conducting a bevy of synchronised swimming lovelies.
Somewhat inevitably, sequels appeared (equally inevitably with little to do with the plot of the original) with Kosugi the only returning star (this time as a hero) in "Revenge of the Ninja"(1983) and the rather excellently titled "Ninja III: The Domination"(1984). Of course, Cannon followed up with the even dafter and more popular "American Ninja" movies (whose recurring star Michael Dudikoff turns up here, as an uncredited heavy).
Indeed, "Enter the Ninja" is likely (and appropriately) the prime kickstarter for the cinematic ninja craze of the 80's; and its 'unconvincing Caucasian in bright ninja garb' schtick undoubtedly paved the way for Joseph Lai's Richard Harrison starring series of cut-and-paste nonsensical ninja-ness.
For this reason, we either be thankful to Messrs. Golan and Globus or want to beat the living crap into them with some nunchakus: I'm still not sure which.
September 18, 2013
This was during the ninja craze and I enjoyed this movie. I saw this a few days ago on ThisTV. This is about an american by the name of Cole (Franco Nero) who travels to Japan and trains and becomes a Master Ninja, while Hasegawa (another fellow Ninja played by Sho Kosugi) believes he's truly not a ninja because he came from the west. Cole (Nero) plays the hero ninja while Hasegaw (Kosugi) plays the evil ninja. Cole visits his friend and his wife in the Philippines, and all at the same time his friend and his wife are being threatened by a bunch of goons for his land. Venarius (Christopher George) hires Hasegawa to take out the couple and Cole, but in the end Cole steps up and has a showdown with Hasegawa. A pretty good ninja flick.
April 19, 2013
Not quite good enough for a full 3 stars. The ending is just laugh out loud hilarious.
June 8, 2013
Certainly not a well-acted flick, but entertaining indeed. Enter The Ninja can rarely be taken seriously, but it's awesomely cool ninja action and silly death scenes do make for a great time. Not to mention it has one of the best worst death scenes ever near the film's finale. I've got a heart on for awesomely bad action flicks, so naturally I enjoyed this.
Dave J
March 27, 2013
Wednesday, March 27, 2013

(1981) Enter The Ninja
ACTION/ MARTIAL ARTS

Actor of many Spaghetti Westerns and European Italian cinema by the name of Franco Nero whose playing Cole, a trained ninja known to wear only white aiding and helping a friend living in Thailand from a wealthy businessman who's trying to own his property for the purpose of pumping oil. Frequent ninja movie star ShŰ Kosugi also appears as the jealous ninja whose always wearing black outfits, who eventually battles with the white ninja Cole.

Low budget and quite bad since it's not just the bad acting one would have to tolerate but also the martial art fighting as well which is at times like watching it from a distance from very bad angels where there's no credibilty whatsoever. Although, some of the things I did like about it are the corny lines and dialogue such as "did you find what you were looking for" after Mary-Ann(susan George) checks his crotch while pointing a gun at him, and "I want my black ninja- I want him now!!" are some of the few corny lines ones going to expect out of many.

1 out of 4 stars
August 29, 2012
A film about a man who trains with other men in the art of ninjitsu, then visits an old war friend, a man who owns land and employs several men, then must battle an evil businessman and his men, in the process killing several men, until his climactic showdown with his rival ninja (also a man). Men.
June 25, 2012
One of the most shittiest movie ever made. Sequel was so much better that it would clean the floor with the first ones face, ass wipe shit turds out of bulls ass and shoot it to the galaxy far far away.

YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.
June 23, 2012
2/10
bad, horrible, dreadful, mind numbing, stupid, cliche, hard to watch and boooooring!
March 10, 2012
i grew up with this one! yeah!!!
January 22, 2012
Okay, not as good as Revenge Of The Ninja. Christopher George seems to be having a hell of a time, but Franco Nero is barely believable as a ninja.
January 13, 2012
Here it is, folks! The movie that kicked off the ninja sub-genre of the 1980s. What Enter the Dragon did for kung-fu, Enter the Ninja did the same for ninjas. Christopher George steals the show with his hammy performance as lead baddie Charles Venaurius. Franco Nero is rather awkward as the lead hero, especially considering he isn't Japanese and is supposed to be an American who learns ninjutsu. Regardless, ETN is still loads of fun and showcases tons of well-choreographed fights. The real star, however, is Sho Kosugi, the evil ninja whom Venaurius recruits to take out Nero. Kosugi is out of this world in his battle sequence with Nero and can act quite well. Susan George, unfortunately, does not get to do much but still provides much-needed eye candy. Enter the Ninja gets 5 shurikens out of 5 from me!
November 3, 2009
I finally gave this a re-watch this afternoon, as it was a film I only discovered in the past few years after honestly thinking I'd watched it during my youth. Such a corny film, but it was so much fun. You can see Nero's Goddamned mustache through his ninja mask for fuck's sake! There's a wacky 'wah-wah' sound of the saxophone when someone is killed! It's just so ridiculous I wanna re-watch it with friends and beer right damned now!

Give it a look.
November 29, 2011
good flick that started the whole ninja craze.
January 10, 2009
Nu har jag sett den helt oklippta, det som var bortklippt var karatepinnar, kaststjärnor,tuppfäktning och en del mord.Jag tyckte inte filmen blev bättre, vill nån köpa tyska bokutgåvan så hör av er, 100 pix vill jag ha, då bjuder jag på frakten.
moviebuff18cab
October 2, 2008
ENTER THE NINJA (1981)
KevinRobbins
October 4, 2011
He is no ninja

Shortly after graduating from a ninja academy, Cole receives a desperate message from an old war buddy in the Philippines. Cole arrives in the Philippines to discover his friend and his wife may lose their estate when their employees are bullied by the locals. Can Cole save his friend from losing his property?

"He's called the hook. When he had both of his hands he was a real son of a bitch. Now he's worse."

Menahem Golan, director of Death Game, Crime and Punishment, The Versace Murder, The Delta Force, and Fortuna, delivers Enter the Ninja. The storyline for this picture is uncreative and stole premises from several martial arts pictures, most notably, Chinese Connection. The action is interesting but seemed strange based on the characters. The cast delivers average performances and includes Franco Nero, Susan George, Christopher George, and Sho Kosuqi.

"He is bitter and frustrated."

My wife and I loved Franco Nero in Django and decided to DVR some of his pictures. This seemed like an odd movie for him. Most of his scenes were awkward, especially those that focused on Nero's training. Overall, this is a below average action picture with a few fun scenes and a hot Susan George.

"Let's have a cock fight."

Grade: C-
Brody M

October 22, 2009
Good movie even though it was corny in some parts
James B

September 6, 2011
Pretty terrible ninja movie! The acting was cheesy, which I didn't mind so much. However, the fights were pretty awful!
June 8, 2011
Awesome Cannon film, Sho Kasugi vs some cheesy Chuck Norris looking white dude. Funny and violent.