63% The Maze Runner Sep 19

91% Doctor Who: Season 8
—— Hell on Wheels: Season 4
40% Intruders: Season 1
90% Outlander: Season 1

Ercole l'invincibile (Hercules the Invincible) (Son of Hercules in the Land of Darkness) (1964)

tomatometer

Average Rating: 2.8/5
User Ratings: 82

My Rating

Movie Info

Dan Vadis is the main muscleman in this Italian sword-and-sandal opus, which predated Steve Reeves' Hercules by two years. Given the English-language dubbing of the actors, it's hard to tell whether or not the leading characters were really Hercules' offspring, or if they were rechristened to conform with TV's Sons of Hercules package of the early 1960s. Never mind. You'll forget all about who the characters are supposed to be as you watch Vadis and company take on dragons and giants on behalf

Cast

Friend Ratings

No Friends? Inconceivable! Log in to see what your friends have to say.

There are no critic reviews yet for Ercole l'invincibile (Hercules the Invincible) (Son of Hercules in the Land of Darkness). Keep checking Rotten Tomatoes for updates!

Audience Reviews for Ercole l'invincibile (Hercules the Invincible) (Son of Hercules in the Land of Darkness)

AKA SONS OF HERCULES: IN THE LAND OF DARKNESS. Hercules---oops, I mean SON of Hercules---and his annoying comic relief sidekick fight a man in a bear suit and a subterranean tribe of cannibal slavers. It's two episodes of a cheap Italian TV show smashed together to make a feature film. In the middle of the story, narrator breaks in to give us a preview of what's coming in the second half!
April 1, 2014
366weirdmovies
Greg S

Don Vadis plays the part of Hercules in this film, out of all those actors who have played Hercules, I would say he has the best build for the part. I this one Hercules not only fights a evil queen but also must fight a dragon. The Evil Queen captures Hercules and orders him to be pulled apart by elephants, but as every Saturday afternoon TV watching kid in the Sixties knew, Hercules not only came through this without a scratch or a flea, but in the process he kicked some butt. My copy came from Mill Creek 50 Pack Warriors collection. This one is worth the standard 3 stars when it comes to Hercules movies.
April 2, 2009
bbcfloridabound
Bruce Bruce

Discussion Forum

Discuss Ercole l'invincibile (Hercules the Invincible) (Son of Hercules in the Land of Darkness) on our Movie forum!

What's Hot On RT

Critics Consensus
Critics Consensus

Maze Runner is Better than Average

Simon Pegg
Simon Pegg

What are his Five Favorite Films?

Hunger Games
Hunger Games

New Mockingjay - Part 1 trailer

Talk Like a Pirate Day
Talk Like a Pirate Day

Memorable pirates picture gallery

Foreign Titles

• Der Grösste Sieg des Herkules (DE)
  • Son of Hercules in the Land of Darkness (Ercole l'invincibile) (UK)