Ernest Goes to Camp Reviews

August 11, 2015
One of the better Ernest films.
½ February 23, 2013
I haven't seen it in ages. The quintessential camp movie?
½ June 14, 2015
ernest p worrell 's first film in the series has a lot of dumb but funny moments.
½ April 16, 2012
Wow...I had no idea one of my childhood heroes was such a polarizing figure in the film world. We all know Ernest P. Worrell. Those that love him are diehard, those that hate him really REALLY hate him, like he'd done something to one of their loved ones. I've never seen a character whom the people love and the critics revile so passionately. I stand up for Ernest and his movies. Yes they're dumb. Yes they're cheesy. But they don't make fun of anyone but Ernest. Take your Larry the Cable Guy movies (please take them, get them the hell away from me) where he employs 50% bathroom humor and 50% offending everybody and everything. Compared to that chump, Ernest is good clean harmless fun. Longwinded introduction aside, this is probably the best Ernest movie featuring kids. The kids aren't all annoying and unlikable as some of the kids in the next few Ernest films. And Jim Varney takes the opportunity to prove he's more than just a "KnowWhutIMean" and a silly face: his rendition of "Gee I'm Glad It's Raining" just breaks my heart every time! So I will continue to stand up for this man who entertained me in my childhood years because he was good, distinctly American yet universal, funny but not filthy, friendly, good natured and more worthwhile than people give him credit for. KnowwhutImean, Vern?
½ April 8, 2015
Either you like this franchise or you don't.I do and this is the best of the bunch.
½ March 11, 2015
Intentionally silly and the cast seemed to have fun making this film. I believe this is the best Ernest movie out there (not that the others are bad either). This can pretty much be seen as an entertaining family movie and feels good.
February 13, 2010
(First viewing - Childhood)
½ July 8, 2014
When Ernest Goes to Camp hilarity ensues, knowhutImean? Jim Varney brings his trademark character to the big screen in this fun, wacky adventure. After putting his time in as a maintenance man at Kamp Kikakee Ernest P. Worrell gets a shot at being a camp counselor for a group of juvenile delinquents that no one else wants. The story's pretty formulaic and cliched, yet this kind of works as it gives a sense of familiarity and lets the audience know what to expect. And, Varney's charming and charismatic performance adds a lot of heart to the film. Ernest Goes to Camp is full of laughs, but some of the comedy is overly silly and juvenile.
May 29, 2014
Not sure why I love this so much....wait a cotton pickin minute....
February 26, 2014
my all time favorite movie actors ever eeeeveeerrr
December 22, 2013
The simple little film that was responsible for the Ernest film franchise.. Very entertaining family film.. Laughs for all ages
½ December 3, 2013
For kids and cunts only.
October 1, 2013
It's dumb but watchable. I enjoyed it as a kid and didn't hate it as a grownup. I would recommend it for younger kids as harmless fun.
September 20, 2013
stupid has hell, But it's got tons of charm.
July 5, 2013
Dumb 1980's film that'll entertain the family. Not really a good movie and really dumb, but I got some laughs out of it.
½ May 22, 2013
March 21, 2013
theres no tellin how many times i watched this movie
½ December 3, 2012
My mums favourite Ernest movie
November 26, 2012
The best Ernest film, having the best humor quality and plot being assembled better than its' sequels. Ernest Goes to Camp would later be remade as a science fiction Star Wars like film in James Cameron's Avatar.