Critic Review - Film Threat

The reality is that Hollywood is such an idea poor place Kaufman tends to get more credit than he deserves for work which only occasionally rises above the level of mind games and showy sleight of hand.

December 6, 2005 Full Review Source: Film Threat | Comments (20)
Film Threat

Comments

leizakhassa

Your Mama

this movie is fantastic. you just couldn't get it!

Jul 24 - 11:55 AM

jcdenton

cristian bermudez

you know?...if you didnt understand the point of the alexander pope quote...why you even bother to finish the movie???

Aug 18 - 07:17 AM

kurisukun

Kurisu Kurihashi

"such an idea poor place" Did you mean, such an idea, poor place. *sigh* ??

Aug 21 - 02:00 PM

Enoch C.

Enoch Ching

dude if you're trying to correct his grammar, he had it right.

you're wrong.

Jul 12 - 03:29 PM

whittamw01

david davidson

You are absolutely correct, I swear the more complicated a movie is the higher the score from critics. Some movies are just garbage. I love Jim Carrey and I'm a fan of most of his movies but this and Sandler's punch drunk love were garbage.

Oct 5 - 02:46 PM

Chan J.

Chan Jong

Instead of drunk love, I gathered that the couple tried to run away from their problems and only to realize that those problems were part of someone that they loved truly. If it was drunk punk love, I don't think they would have tried to stay together that much don't you think?
I'm also a big fan of Jim Carrey and this is the first time I've seen him not goofy all the time, if you can, can you give me a list of his movies?

Jan 10 - 07:18 AM

N S.

N Schulz

This movie has been universally acclaimed as one of the greatest romances of the past decade, and is one of the most achingly beautiful films I've ever seen - and I've watched movies from Weimar Germany to modern Bollywood and beyond. If you're one of the few people who didn't "get it", I truly pity you.

Nov 12 - 08:16 PM

mark w.

mark weser

The reality is... you cannot type.

Dec 11 - 08:31 PM

vladimir v.

vladimir vasquez

YOur opinion, but very great movie!

Jan 11 - 10:37 AM

Marisa.elise

Marisa Hughes

whittamw01.
I'm not going to even respect your opinion here, because you're not being respectful with yours, calling things garbage just because you don't like them.

God you're dumb. This movie aside, Punch Drunk Love is easily the best movie Sandler has ever been a part of. I'm sorry you don't have the intelligence to see it in these films.

Feb 13 - 11:33 AM

Frank U.

Frank Urso

Agree and disagree.

Reign Over Me.

Oct 4 - 11:27 PM

Todd K.

Todd Kreuzburg

Rick K. doesnt have the talent to create anything good, so he has to sit in mom's basement and rip artists apart. Good for you Rick. You friggin nimrod. Go jump off a bridge and spare us, will ya?

Jun 27 - 01:43 AM

kThanks

Josh Shartzer

I think you're missing the point.

Jul 9 - 10:52 AM

Tim Q.

Tim Q

Its really not that complicated. It's so well done with subtle nuances woven seamlessly thorough that one can watch it again and again picking up more each time. The fact that you're too simple to try and understand saddens me because if you opened your mind and took another look I think you would really enjoy this work of art.

Sep 16 - 03:33 PM

Michael G.

Michael Guglielmi-Wheeler

Rick, I feel so bad for you. You don't understand why the movie is called Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind. Let me dumb it down for you. True Happiness without memories. What the whole movie was about, and I'm just a kid. This is by far the best romantic movie I have ever seen. Anything Kaufman writes is gold because there's so much depth and raw honesty and everything thing he writes just hits home for me. No one does that, past or present. Kaufman should be up there with the best writers of all time. Got 2 spots in my top 5 movies.

Oct 19 - 03:22 PM

Troy L.

Troy Lightfoot

your opinion is worthless after seeing this review.

Oct 23 - 04:32 PM

John C.

John Coffey

you hate the movie because it revolves around a concept that you can't comprehend... heterosexualism

Jan 15 - 05:01 AM

Jeremy P.

Jeremy Perry

Worst movie critic ever

Jul 19 - 09:12 PM

ybrik222

Someone Someone

So... you're saying that this is one of the more intelligent films in Hollywood, but that's not saying much?

What the hell are you talking about?

Sep 6 - 05:23 PM