• PG-13, 2 hr.

43% Young & Hungry: Season 1

Ever After: A Cinderella Story Reviews

Isaac B.
November 15, 2013
With cheesy dialogue and poor acting this is just not a very good movie.
Sarah L.
September 30, 2013
It's appealing to those who love the "Cinderella".
September 9, 2013
Barrymore ruined it for me, she really did.
November 1, 2008
A girl's night out fantasy film that doesn't hit par in the genre as far as aesthetics go while the story still flies. It's top asset is Ajelica Huston, who only reminds one of just how much the Huston dynasty has changed from the days of her father. The film, however unlike certain Huston pieces, is good for what it is.
January 5, 2010
This is a well made movie, with all of the requirements for story telling..... Andy Tennant directed with just the right proportion of reality (beautiful cinematography, costumes, period backgrounds) and fantasy (slightly over the top acting and hauntingly beautiful music) to create this Cinderella story.... Drew Barrymore is as charmingly beautiful as she was in The Wedding Singer and Angelica Huston's nasty character is a pleasure to watch....a good fantasy movie!
July 3, 2013
My favorite of all the Cinderella film adaptions!
June 24, 2013
Ever After is a superb take on the classic Cinderella story. Unlike most adaptations of the classic story, this one is neither overly cutesy, nor is it a gritty reboot. Instead, it finds a superb balance between light-hearted and dark. The story is very well written and engaging, the acting is superb from everyone, the humor is hilarious, and it also has plenty of heartfelt moments. If you enjoy a great romance film, this is definitely one to check out because there is not a single flaw I can think of.
June 1, 2013
I was not a fan of this movie, I love drew Barrymore in everything she does, but I guess I am just not intrested in a retelling of a cinderella story, well made film, just not one for me.
June 12, 2013
Great take on the Cinderella story!
February 28, 2013
I could keep re-watching this until I'm 90.
June 5, 2013
that movie is awesome!!!!
Nathanieldk
December 14, 2012
HORRIBLE. CLICHED. At least there was some innuendo to make fun of...
May 28, 2013
Drew Barrymore is so great
Jessica L.
May 19, 2013
A wonderful Cinderella story. Drew Barrymore is a dream.
May 11, 2013
like my favorite movie...i've seen it like a billion times
PatLongworth
May 2, 2013
Wow, what utter bile by so-called historian and movie reviewer Anthony L! And what exactly are your qualifications Anthony?

I found this to be a charming, period piece (which may or may not have historical accuracy and inaccuracies but get a grip, people, it is a movie - perhaps in the fantasy vein?).

I'd say this is my favorite of the movies in which Drew has starred in (I did see ET but I can't really use that as an evaluation as Drew was very young).

It's a film that is based upon the fable of Cinderella and the prince who is captivated by her. Certainly liberties are taken with the story, the fact that one step-sister becomes nice towards Danielle, how the ball or masquerade occurs among other things. It's an enjoyable, largely positive, film that is an escapist thrill for the time that the movie runs for.

It's a more "feminist" kind of film in a sense in that Danielle does have the opportunity to learn, she speaks more boldly in her time and to her king than likely would have been the case in the era in question.

She isn't "helpless" for the most part and one of the funniest scenes is when the prince realizes that his attempt to rescue her is essentially unnecessary, he was able to provide her with a horse ride and safe passage back home but she turned the tables on her captor, the awful suitor who had her in chains.
I love and highly recommend this film. 10/10
April 21, 2013
Love this movie and own it on DVD....well made twist on the classic Cinderella story... :)
September 17, 2012
Drew Barrymore is positively charming in this clever telling of the well worn story.
April 11, 2013
Best Film Ever.....NOT!!!
March 31, 2013
This film is so class, havent seen it in a while, but I thought it was really good.