Ever After: A Cinderella Story Reviews

June 17, 2014
Why did I cry in the first place? :-)
June 9, 2014
I've always liked this movie.
May 29, 2007
Love Drew Berrymoore's STRONG character
May 11, 2014
They've made a few tweaks to the standard story: no magic, and the Prince gets to know Cinderella before the ball so that their love is based on personality rather than a single dance. It's also unusual amongst rom-coms by having a male friend (equivalent to Buttons) who supports her new romance rather than being the person who she's supposed to be with. That said, the basic structure is still familiar, so you know how it's going to end, and there isn't much going on with the supporting cast to liven it up.
½ April 15, 2014
it was great, but i wish it had "more" of that "thing" that is missing
June 30, 2007
LOOOOOOVED this movie! It's a classic. LOVE Drew Barrymore! I love the entire Cinderella plot, so this movie was great. I really love how they wrote the entire movie. It was just great.
February 27, 2014
My daughter and I love this movie. It is one of our very favorites.
February 16, 2014
Definitely one of the best period rom-coms I've ever seen. I've never been a fan of romance in movies, but this one is worth it.
½ February 10, 2014
A lovely reworking of the Cinderella story with Drew Barrymore playing a more 'modern' role model. I would allow my daughter to watch this movie.....if I had one....
January 31, 2014
in a real situation, the prince would be dishonored and exiled from his kingdom.
January 30, 2014
My all time favorite movie during my high school years!
January 25, 2014
Ever After is a modernist, entirely serious and historical version of the Cinderella story for better and for worse - the costume and set design are excellent and the cinematography is wonderful, the acting is solid and it even has a couple of surprises in its story, but you can't help but wish that there was a bit of magic or comedy in there and it should have been there given its fairytale origin, thus making Disney's version still the best.
½ June 21, 2006
I don't know why but I bought it.
People argue Barrymore was not a good choice but I disagree.

Anjelica Houston wears evil marvelously.
"How can anyone love a pebble in their shoe" is the ultimate punch in the face.
½ November 15, 2013
With cheesy dialogue and poor acting this is just not a very good movie.
½ September 30, 2013
It's appealing to those who love the "Cinderella".
½ September 9, 2013
Barrymore ruined it for me, she really did.
November 1, 2008
A girl's night out fantasy film that doesn't hit par in the genre as far as aesthetics go while the story still flies. It's top asset is Ajelica Huston, who only reminds one of just how much the Huston dynasty has changed from the days of her father. The film, however unlike certain Huston pieces, is good for what it is.
January 5, 2010
This is a well made movie, with all of the requirements for story telling..... Andy Tennant directed with just the right proportion of reality (beautiful cinematography, costumes, period backgrounds) and fantasy (slightly over the top acting and hauntingly beautiful music) to create this Cinderella story.... Drew Barrymore is as charmingly beautiful as she was in The Wedding Singer and Angelica Huston's nasty character is a pleasure to watch....a good fantasy movie!
July 3, 2013
My favorite of all the Cinderella film adaptions!
June 24, 2013
Ever After is a superb take on the classic Cinderella story. Unlike most adaptations of the classic story, this one is neither overly cutesy, nor is it a gritty reboot. Instead, it finds a superb balance between light-hearted and dark. The story is very well written and engaging, the acting is superb from everyone, the humor is hilarious, and it also has plenty of heartfelt moments. If you enjoy a great romance film, this is definitely one to check out because there is not a single flaw I can think of.