The Ewok Adventure (Caravan of Courage) Reviews

Stan W September 13, 2014
This movie will be remembered, but for the wrong reasons. Unfortunately, Caravan of Carnage is just another Lucas cash grab.
Daniel U ½ July 17, 2014
The first time I saw this movie I was very young and have loved it ever since. Don't get hung up on the "Star Wars" element because there's no Force powers on Endor this time, just a fantastic movie for kids.
Ryan W ½ May 19, 2014
Really... really not good. Even way back when I was a kid and a crazed star wars fan... this was really... really not good.
Dann M
½ May 4, 2014
The adventure and excitement of Star Wars continues in Caravan of Courage: An Ewok Adventure. When a star cruiser crashes on the moon of Endor two children are separated from their parents, and seek the help of the Ewoks to find them. The child actors are terrible, but the Ewoks prove to be quite interesting. The costume designs give each Ewok a distinctive look, and the voice work adds a lot of personality to the characters. And while the plot is fairly simple and formulaic, there are some rather entertaining action sequences. Though it has problems, Caravan of Courage: An Ewok Adventure is a bit of fun and expands and enriched the Star Wars universe.
Emily B April 18, 2014
I personally loved this movie when I was a child. I give it 5 stars, not only out of nostalgia, but out of love for Wicket. Plus, I still thought it was a great MFTV movie.
Josiah C March 11, 2013
It's childish and dopey, but I have a thing for cheap 80's movies. They have a sense of magic that I can't quite put my finger on.
Jim A August 27, 2007
Many myself included didn't care much for the ewoks and how they made a joke out of what Emperor Palpatine called "a legion of my best troops." This movie is set in the Star Wars universe but is completely unconnected the events of the main films. It is mostly a TV fantasy flick for kids but not adult Star Wars fans. Though some of its creature effects are pretty cool for an 80s television film
Corey W July 30, 2013
Even when targeted at children, the Star Wars universe is still worth watching.
Shawn M
May 31, 2013
Loved this movie as a kid, re-watching it was just as incredible and magical as I remember it.
Phil H
December 30, 2012
So back in 84 if you had seen Lucas and some Ewoks running around the redwood forests in California you could of been mistaken for thinking another Star Wars epic was on the way. No matter how badly we 80's kids prayed that was unfortunately not true, but we did get a semi decent Star Wars based adventure.

Set in between 'Empire' and 'Jedi' this film gives us a little more insight into the forest moon of the gas giant Endor. We see more native creatures, more of the moon and of course more Ewok culture. Now back in the day this film was actually regarded pretty highly, mainly because we had NOTHING else film wise based around Star Wars.

Upon a re watch the film still does hold its own very well. Lucas was in charge for both of these Ewok films and to be honest he did a fair job. The film is completely for kids obviously utilizing little human kids and good old 'Wicket' so you can't moan at the utter campy naffness there is. Acting is dubious and dialog is very basic, but you gotta give credit to Lucas for making a lot of the film in native Ewok tongue and having a narrator tell us the audience what the the hell going on. Almost like 'Dances with Wolves' for Star Wars hehe...I said almost.

So the rather annoying surly 'Mace' and his totally babyish blonde barbie doll little sister head off to rescue their parents from the 'Gorax'. A creature I have found out has been worked into the official Star Wars universe and is cannon, kinda cool. Along the way the team of kiddies and Ewoks run into other species that are of course nasty and generally have to work together to succeed. There are some nice creatures here, basic puppets, animation or stop motion, but its fine, kinda charming much like the old Harryhausen flicks and other old barbarian fantasy films. The film has that warm 80's 'Willow' type atmosphere, a sense of wonder and imagination that is absolutely great for young kids.

The main bad guy in the film is the 'Gorax' which is a man in a suit get up. The makeup is pretty good on this character and his whole look does fit with the 'wookie' species approach for the Endor moon. In general effects aren't overly great these days (of course), the giant spider in the 'Gorax' lair is brilliantly bad and the final fatal moment for the 'Gorax' also looks really hokey, but hey this ain't no mega budget film. Some nice good old fashioned matte painting work evident too.

Yes its childish and corny, yes some locations on Endor's moon looks suspiciously like California, yes the two main human kid characters are completely generic looking with 'Mace' obviously looking like a young 'Luke', but its still fun. Lucas did a good job here in my opinion, the film is perfect for its target audience and fun for everyone else too...if you like Star Wars. Supposedly cannon within the Star Wars universe also which is interesting.
Alexander C ½ December 7, 2012
Was a good series,yet got bored soemtimes.
Scott C ½ July 9, 2007
I loved this when I was a kid.
The Critic The Critic October 25, 2012
Capitalising on the popularity of the adorable creatures from 'Return of the Jedi' (1983), the Ewoks are given their own outing. Whilst nowhere near the quality of any of the 'Star Wars' flicks, this is a pleasing adventure nonetheless, with two likable child leads and a supporting cast in fury costumes. The sets are very well done and the special effects more-often-than-not convince (the giant spider sequence has some ludicrous moments), so this should find favour amongst its young target audience.

It was followed by 'Ewoks: The Battle for Endor' in 1985.
Chris D October 16, 2012
Great Movie series....
Shane D ½ July 25, 2007
During the mid to late 80s, when your only access to the Star Wars universe was when the networks decided to play the original trilogy once a year, the Ewok films (specifically this one) helped fill in the gaps. Watching it many years later, it obviously hasn't held up well, and nostalgia doesn't quite cut it in parts. That being said, despite their being some terrible dialogue between the human actors, the Ewok aspect elements of the film aren't total shite. I mean they are, but they aren't the worst things you'll see. There is some genuine magic in amongst some sequences. Some.
John M May 30, 2012
This was such a waste. . kids might like it though
David T April 7, 2012
i liked everything (story/effects/acting)
Jonathan B April 6, 2012
this movie gives good dreams
Zebulon R February 18, 2012
Weird and very un-Star Wars.
kenscheck kenscheck December 20, 2011
One of those weird, often forgotten, spin-offs of Star Wars. I think this movie might've sucked more if I hadn't gone in expecting it to suck so much. I built up its suckiness. The movie is a harmless addition to the Star Wars franchise, it certainly didn't do the kind of damage the Prequels had done later on, purely for it just being some silly TV special. Ewoks do still rule, but not like the do in Jedi (fuck all who oppose that viewpoint). You get the feeling that the Narrator was only added when someone watched a rough cut and couldn't make heads or tails as to what the shit was going on, but having Burl Ives voice makes you think only of Rudolph. The two child actors are some of the worst child actors I've ever seen. They deliver every line like they're reading it for the first time. I won't recommend this, unless you are a diehard Star Wars fan, or like odd pop culture artifacts.