92% Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes Jul 11

44% Working the Engels: Season 1

Ewoks: The Battle for Endor Reviews

Phil H

January 1, 2013
'Mace' and 'Cindel' return for the follow up story to their predicament. 'Cindel's' family don't get too far into the film which leaves us with the helpless princess and her best Ewok friend 'Wicket'. This time the duo must save their other Ewok friends and battle against 'Terak', a nasty pirate marauder and his rather band of dumb henchmen. Along the way they are helped by a kind but grumpy old man played by the legendary Wilford Brimley.

The whole plot is virtually the same as before really, some characters are taken prisoner, so its up to a small band of other good guys to save them. Naturally its still a full on kids film so its very comical, silly and a bit camp at times but that's to be expected. Acting again is pretty ropey but Brimley has a good go adding some flavour.

Much the same deal as the first Ewok adventure only this is slightly better methinks. The bad guys are a silly bunch but they certainly look the part and fit into the Star Wars universe perfectly. If you think along the lines of the 'Weequay' race that are seen in 'Return of the Jedi' and then just add the CGI animated 'Clone Wars' series characters lead by 'Hondo' for an idea of lots of them in a gang.

Effects are still sketchy but this is an old film, heavy use of stop motion animation which is really jerky but again it adds to the charm just like the first film. Gotta admit I loved the large dinosaur-like 'Blurrgs', a simple yet effective design which is pure Star Wars ('Willow' pinched the concept I reckon), even more so with the classic stop motion animation.

The whole look of the film is actually quite good and better than the first if you ask me. It still looks a bit cheap and basic but 'Terak's' fortress is nicely done and the forest moon of Endor looks less like California hehe. Costumes and makeup for the 'Sanyassans' are nice too, nothing original but they do the job, 'Terak' the leader looks the best of course, even has white balding hair which actually gives him a good sense of depth and history.

The witch/sorcerer character of 'Charal' seems rather pointless frankly as she does nothing accept turn into a crow, or raven? I dunno. Much more magic and sorcery in this adventure but still a quirky fun deeper look into the world of the Ewoks and their home. Overall a closer feel to the Star Wars universe for me and slightly more exciting but only just. A film aimed at kids which is extremely tame and admittedly the only reason it gets away with it is because its Star Wars.
FilmFanatik
FilmFanatik

March 12, 2008
Not a great sequel to the original.
Conner R

November 19, 2009
It's about the same level of enjoyment as the first movie. The acting is slightly better and the characters are a little more fleshed out. The story was actually pretty interesting as well. It's not Star Wars, but it's enjoyable none the less.
Jason S

December 5, 2007
This was an ok sequel to the straight to tv movie about the Ewoks befriending humans who have crashed on the forest moon of Endor.
It brings in a whole new cast of characters that seem to have been overlooked during the course of the movies set on this planet and that, for me, makes it a little out of the range of belief.
I do remember this one from when I was a kid because there are some character deaths that come as bit of a shock to some.
Past that, it is an ok flick that doesn't dwell too much on what has gone on in the past. The effects are good and the story will keep most interested till the end.
Lafe F

July 14, 2007
Wilford Brimley is great as a smelly old starship captain who assists orphaned little girl Cindel and the Ewoks against a Sorceress. Not as sucky as the first, but it just doesn't have that Star Wars feeling. Willow Prototype #2 methinks.
sanjurosamurai
sanjurosamurai

January 26, 2007
great flick, love those ewoks
Shawn M

May 31, 2013
Amazing, cute and very interesting :)
Marion R

May 5, 2007
This shouldn't even be labeled as a Star Wars film...it was made for children, but highly doubt that they would enjoy it either.
DrStrangeblog
DrStrangeblog

December 14, 2008
Basing this score purely on nostalgia when I saw this as a kid and huge Star Wars fan, no idea if it would hold up to another peek. Some things best left as fuzzy memories.
June 27, 2012
I've loved the Ewok movies since I was a kid. Killing off Cyndil's family in this one was pretty harsh I thought though.
kenscheck
December 21, 2011
Personally I found this made for TV Ewok movie to actually be better than the first. I mean neither is particularly good, but this one at least had more fun, a little bit more action, and some fun new characters and villains, which the first one severely lacked. The first was dull throughout most, this one was a tad more fun. They kill off most of the family from the first movie early on, and leave only the little girl alive. Which is always good for a family TV special. The best part though, is this movie stars Wilfred Brimley, which is totally awesome. Again, I wouldn't recommend either of these Ewok movies unless you are a die-hard Star Wars fan. I found them interesting but nothing too special.
MarilynsDisciple
October 7, 2007
Not everyone's familiar with these. The Ewok movies are an off-shoot, of course, to Star Wars. It stars Wicket, the 'main' Ewok in Star Wars. This is the second one. In this one Cindel's family is killed, and the Ewoks are taken captive by an evil race of villians, led by an evil witch. Cindel is taken captive along with the Ewoks, but she and Wicket get away and find an old man(played by 'the guy from the old Quaker Oats commercial', now starring in the 'emphasyma awareness' commercials.) who crashed his 'star cruiser' in the woods of Endor, along with his lovable friend Teek. Cindel is taken captive by the villians because she supposedly has the power to make an 'amulet' work, which is actually a battery to a star cruiser.
queenhmm3
October 22, 2008
firstamb
July 25, 2008
Set about a year after Caravan of Courage, Cindel returns to help the Ewoks in her fight, after her family is wiped out in an attack, or accidenet, or something. Thwe Ewoks fight the Empire again. This is a much improved sequel special to Caravan of Courage.
owhitneygirl
September 4, 2007
I remember watching this as a kid but I couldn't find it anywhere. I'm so happy now lol!! I love this movie, the ewoks are so cool.
July 2, 2007
A great "Return of the Jedi" follow-up with the Ewoks. A great story and has great characters. The story takes place on the Ewoks' home of Endor, the forest moon. For me being a Star Wars fan, I am not bias, this movie really is great, Wilford Brimley and Aubree Miller are great as the main characters.
June 23, 2007
A fun Star Wars side story involving the Ewoks, humans that crash-landed on Endor, and the Marauders.

It has a wonderful array of characters including Cindal, the sole survivor of her family, Wicket, the improvising Ewok, Noa, the sole survivor of his ship, Teek, Noa's mischievous & speedy friend, and Terak, King of the Mauraders.

The special effects may not be all that great, but it's still fun to watch. I enjoyed it as a kid, and I still do as an adult.

This TV movie is the sequel to The Ewok Adventure: Caravan of Courage from 1984. Watch it first before Battle for Endor. I have the two-pack DVD set that includes both.
kashugakusei
June 4, 2007
This is a pretty good sequel, I'd say just as good as it's predecessor, maybe with a little cooler more special effects. Has a cool story-line.
lelandp13
April 24, 2007
fun and campy but the time this came out if was the only star wars juice i was gonna get then i'd gladly drink up.
tomh1138
April 7, 2007
What was the need for two Ewok TV-movies? I would much rather have had a Droids telefilm instead. Derivative and uninolving.