Michael Moore Will See the Weinsteins in Court

Summary

Don't take it personally, Weinsteins, but Michael Moore is determined to take his $2.7 million lawsuit against your company all the way to trial. Back to Article

Comments

rle4lunch

Chad W

If he wins, he better give every fucking dime of it to the American public. Will he? Of course not, because it's his money. But he wants every other wealthy person to give up what they've earned and give it up.

Cuz that's only fair, right Mr. Moore?

asshat.

Apr 4 - 09:01 AM

dn_smith86

David Smith

ahhhh ignorance, tis a grand thing... My only question is, what does the American public have to do with anything? He made a film, had money withheld, and wants the rest of that money that's his (why simultaneously unveiling crooked accounting). Who wouldn't do the same?

Contrary to what you may believe, $2.7 million is not a lot of money in Hollywood terms and, in this case, the money "earned" by the "wealthy people" were earned by exploiting the work that he created. Nobody got on Peter Jackson's case for rightfully filing a lawsuit against New Line a few years for over $100 million, why is everyone worked up over Moore's measly $3 million?

Oh that's right, it give gentleman, such as yourself, the opportunity to express your narrow-minded and illogical opinions while successfully sounding like an "asshat" yourself. Bravo, Captain. Bravo...

Apr 4 - 12:14 PM

rle4lunch

Chad W

I'm not saying he doesn't have the right to sue, but he's sounding like a hypocrite in its most natural form. Also, Peter Jackson didn't hold a press conference saying that rich people are stealing out of the pockets of the poor like Moore did. Saying that rich people are sitting on the 'natural resource' of money, holding it back from the poor. What utter horseshit..

enjoy. before you go off half cocked again, educate yourself on his own ridiculous words.

Apr 4 - 01:03 PM

Premo Beat

John Noto

I'm sure Moore personally favors tax reform aimed at higher income earners. The dude is about attacking the root of social issues, specifically where corruption is evident. To my knowledge all of his money comes from ticket and DVD buyers who largely agree with his views and willingly fork him their cash. If he were to redistribute his own wealth among the American people it would not be enough for everyone to have a piece of Wrigley's. His films aim to educate. I fail to see how him earning a lot of money is hypocritical.

Apr 4 - 01:53 PM

Coach McGuirk

Desmond Hume

Exactly. And LMAO @ "his films aim to educate". No they don't! His films are blatantly skewed through misleading (although well done) editing. Half of what Moore reports are sheer, unmitigated lies. Even "Roger & Me" is riddled with half truths and pretzel style interviewing. Moore is a leach, a parasite who seeks to profit on the misfortune of others. There is not one genuine bone in his fat body.

Apr 4 - 02:29 PM

Premo Beat

John Noto

I haven't fact checked every statement the man's made, have an example of these blatant lies ready? After viewing his films I always felt I had heard a more human side of a story and for that I feel "educated". i.e. not saying that every person who has insurance is getting their coverage dropped or that every person who's worked for Ford gets laid off and forgotten, but seeing Moore's examples, well-edited or not, was a learning experience for me.

Apr 4 - 05:07 PM

dn_smith86

David Smith

Firstly, an interview on Grit TV, that's not even about the topic at hand, hardly constitutes the label of "Press Conference". It's an interview.

Secondly, I'm fully educated and aware of Moore's politics, the right and not so right aspects of them, as are most people. It's not a hidden agenda there, Sherlock.

Thirdly, my comment is in defense of the fact that, as a filmmaker and artist, if he's been withheld money he's earned then he completely has the right to take his case to court. Personal opinions of the man and his politics aside, i defend him as an artist, a title he's rightfully earned.

And for the road: A note for all, calling a man "Fat" and randomly spewing out hateful statements makes you sound like you're 9 years old, while accusing anybody of "reporting unmitigated lies" without citing any examples is just not strong arguing.

Apr 4 - 09:36 PM

Bigbrother

Big Brother

Did someone turn away from him for a second? Cause I think it's in his contract that Michael Moore needs attention 24/7.

Apr 4 - 09:36 AM

Don't Tase Me Bro

Don't Tase Me Bro

Well he simply can't keep making more films in an Obama-run White House can he? Consider his output between ROGER AND ME and BOWlING FOR COLUMBINE: really Mr. Moore? You had nothing to say during Clinton's 8-years in office except for a couple, obscure, tv-documentaries? What's he supposed to do now? He's bored, and obviously has a lot of time on his hands...which is why he's probably gotten around to suing the Weinsteins. I'll make you a bet Big: I'll betcha the Weinsteins told Moore recently that his films profits were in rapid decline and that they would be cutting ties with him; rather than be embarrassed nationally for being dropped, Moore probably countered by going after the alleged $2.7mill to embarrass 'em/smear 'em. It's the only way he could save face. That's my theory.

Apr 5 - 02:29 AM

Gordon Franklin Terry Sr

Gordon Terry

Its a matter of principle . . . like when Pete Jackson had to sue Robert Shaye at New Line Cinema over the same "thing" . . . MONEY really does CORRUPT people and their thinking and undermines their scruples ALL THE TIME, I've seen it happen.

The Money will win.

Let The Money Win.

Money Always Has The Right of Way.

Money Makes Money and the Money That Money Makes Makes More Money.

Money is the Manifestation of Power.

copyright 2011 by Gordon F. Terry

Apr 4 - 10:12 AM

dudemeister

dude meister

Oh for the love of God.... I hate Michael Moore so fucking much, and I'm a liberal.

Apr 4 - 12:01 PM

Apr 4 - 05:07 PM

dn_smith86

David Smith

Apr 4 - 09:36 PM

Don't Tase Me Bro

Don't Tase Me Bro

So the guy who actually had the effrontery to say "Capitalism is an evil, and you cannot regulate it" is hemming and hawing for another $2.7 million? The same 'capitalistic-free-market-sytem' that has made him many times over a multi-millionaire?

What a big, fat, arrogant, oxymoronic/hypocritic, hectoring, douche.

Apr 5 - 02:21 AM

Premo Beat

John Noto

I think it would actually be more hypocritical for him to let the Weinsteins (rich capitalists) keep money they allegedly owe him. No?

Apr 5 - 11:26 AM

Don't Tase Me Bro

Don't Tase Me Bro

I think you miss the irony completely: the fatass makes a film 'against' Capitalism, spends the whole film talking about the evils of Capitalism, pretends to be the lone voice in America for the 'little guy' who gets taken advantage of because of Capitalism, but what economic ideology, pray tell, has taken a relative unknown from Flint, Michigan and made him a multi-millionaire? I couldn't care less what the Weinsteins owe him...Moore (also, a very rich capitalist) is a hypocrite. If he really hates Capitalism and bankers and believes in distributing wealth to the less-fortunate, then why hasn't he donated his entire paycheck from CAPITALISM: A LOVE STORY to the downtrodden? That's the upshot about having Obama in the White House...Michael Moore is now obsolete.

Apr 5 - 03:48 PM

Don't Tase Me Bro

Don't Tase Me Bro

Apr 5 - 02:29 AM

Cory

Cory B

I think I'll be rooting for the Weinsteins on this one, but personally I think it's a shame there has to be a winner at all.

Apr 5 - 05:40 AM

Premo Beat

John Noto

Apr 5 - 11:26 AM

Don't Tase Me Bro

Don't Tase Me Bro

Apr 5 - 03:48 PM

Victor Alexander

victor alexander

He's probably filming all this in progress and will release it as his new doc next year in time for Cannes.

Apr 5 - 01:24 PM

Cosplay Gallery
Cosplay Gallery

See over 350 Comic-Con Costumes!

The Hobbit
The Hobbit

See the final movie's trailer

Weekly Ketchup
Weekly Ketchup

Read the Comic-Con revelations

Photo gallery of great movie spaceships