95% Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes Jul 11

—— Wilfred: Season 4
43% Young & Hungry: Season 1

Fantastic Voyage Reviews

July 4, 2014
I was glued to the screen, slack jawed and drooling! I'm describing my recent viewing not my experience as a kid!
July 3, 2014
Inventive for its time. But like 2001 they really want to let the effects soak in with a slow pace.... Unlike 2001 these effects by today look campy by today but I find them insanely charming. Some of the sets look amazing! Its an important movie part of our pop culture and the first of its kind
Luc L.
June 15, 2014
The special effects and sets are good fun style from the mid-sixites.
June 9, 2014
The best of the miniaturization movies ("InnerSpace," Honey, I Shrunk The Kids"). Stephen Boyd and Raquel Welch are part of a team of doctors that are shrunk and injected into a dying man with cold war secrets. Clever (old school) special effects and a rousing Leonard Rosenman score punctuate this classy adventure film. Donald Pleasance steals the shows as a claustrophobic doctor who comes along for the ride.
June 4, 2014
Image and colors are crisp, bright and clear but the rythm is plodding and the dialogues are very chatty with nothing much to say. Its stylish but empty,and in terms of sexism, as disgusting as hollywood in the early 60's vould get, and it doesnt help that Raquel Welch looks mostly bored or out of it. It also has some religious tendencies i find extremley out of place in the context. All the science is trying so hard to be sophisticated and does it with such pomposity its almost cute like a 4 years old playing make believe. Do you think the basic idea is ludicrous? Well, it looks exactly as silly as it sounds, but its worth it for the 60's trippy visual. Im willing to judge from a 1966 perspective and call it impressive (but underdevelopped).
May 30, 2014
Auttamatta vanhentunut mutta samalla myös täytyy nostaa hattua kekseliäistä tehosteista ja lavasteista. Näyttelijätyö paikoittain tökeröä.
hipsterfilmreviews
May 3, 2014
Warning:
Sexual objectification
Dehumanization
Sgt. Cockstrain
April 18, 2014
(58%)
A slightly slow paced, yet still enjoyable sci-fi adventure. The cast is strong, as Pleasence was born to play a flawed, stiff doctor, and there's enough fun effects and ideas to keep this going until the end
339z
April 12, 2014
wow ummmmn just seen this movie 4 the 1st time n think that this is a good movie 2 watch......its got a good cast of actors/actressess throughout this movie....i think that stephen boyd (.R.I.P.), raquel welch, edmond o brien (.R.I.P.), donald pleasence (.R.I.P.), arthur o connell (.R.I.P.), play good roles/parts thorughout this movie.......i think that the director of this action/adventure/sci-fi/fantasy movie had done a good job of directing this movie because you never know what 2 expect throughout this movie.....its got a good soundtrack throughout this movie......its got good special effects thorughout this movie.......i think that this is such an enjoyable sci-fi movie 2 watch.......its got a good story throughout this movie but some scenes this story gets a little slow but its such an enjoyable sci-fi movie 2 watch......i think that james brolin (from the brilliant tv series batman) was good throughout this movie......i think that William Redfield (.R.I.P.), was good throughout this movie.....

In the original screenplay, there was a follow-up scene where we learn that, because of brain damage caused by the submarine, Benes no longer remembers the formula for unlimited miniaturization. Surviving stills suggest this scene was filmed but never used.

i think that this is such an enjoyable movie 2 watch.........i think that this is just a really enjoyable saturday afternoon movie 2 watch its such an enjoyable movie 2 watch its got a good cast throughout this movie.......i think that this is such an enjoyable sci-fi movie 2 watch its got a good cast throughout this movie its such an enjoyable saturday afternoon movie 2 watch with a good cast throughout this movie......its got good special effects thorughout this movie its such an enjoyable movie 2 watch......
March 13, 2014
Fantastic Voyage has beautiful visuals for the time, some excellent debate points, verified scientific approach and a fascinating, charming and also quite educating story which takes you inside human brain and although the characters aren't particularly well-established end the ending is a bit reckless, the movie nonetheless stays involving all the way and it is definitely an early science fiction film worth checking out.
February 22, 2014
Considering when it was made, this is still a great science fiction fantasy with impressive special effects and a sense of old school fun and adventure. I like the real-time aspect of the story and though the characters are not too deep (Donald Pleasence is the only one with something fun to do), they aren't really the stars of the show anyway. It is a journey through the human body. Enjoy the ride.

Grade: B+
January 26, 2014
I was gonna give it 4.5, but think of time of their imagination damn definitely should give them 5 stars
Phil H

July 9, 2013
What a title! set to impress with a claim like that huh. This film really is a piece of history, an old iconic pop culture movie that has inspired so many other ideas in various formats. What is interesting is (like some original sci-fi concepts) back in 66 when this film was made the idea was of course deemed fantasy, these days I don't think it is, well with robots anyway.

The plot is classic, you all know it, a group of scientists are miniaturised to microscopic proportions in order to enter the human body of a man with a brain clot. The reason, to save him obviously, and because he knows the secret to the miniaturising technology and how to perfect it. At the same time other folk (pesky Russians) are trying to whack him because he defected to the US with the technology secrets. There's a time limit, the stakes are high and everybody will revert back to their normal size when the limit expires, game on.

The start of the story is actually pretty technical in my opinion, its all quite meticulous and realistic (as far as the fantasy goes). Compare this to the 80's revamp 'InnerSpace' and this film is far superior in my humble opinion. Where as 'InnerSpace' is a very wacky over the top comedy (good comedy), this is far more sensible which I didn't expect really, it works so much better despite being a slow build up.

What I love about this film is the visuals, now I'm very sure in reality if this happened it would be pitch black inside a body, apart from what the ships lights illuminated hehe. However here we have a vibrant underwater-like ocean of life, a rainbow of soft glowing colours in a gloopy sea of bodily fluids. Within these fluids (mainly blood) we see hundreds of transparent blue and pink oxygen carrying corpuscles, antibodies, fibers, proteins, bacteria etc...whilst the crew venture through the heart and lungs on their way to the brain.

The whole visual experience looks like errr...a lava lamp and quite psychedelia in a soft way, not surprising seeing as this was the mid 60's.

What I do find amusing throughout the film is how much bad luck the team has the moment they enter the body (fantastic little injection sequence I must add, really effective). Straight away they have big problems which basically means they might have to abort, oh well can't get around that, game over, lets go. Then someone has a brilliant plan and they manage to overcome the issue, five minutes later they hit another problem, oh well can't get around that, game over, lets go. Someone has a great plan and they overcome the issue, turn the next corner bang! another problem, oh well can't get around that, game ov....etc...

How about the Proteus eh? now is that another iconic sci-fi design or what. Love the shape of that sub with the little bubble dome on top, sound effects are nice too, it reminds me of a ship from the cartoon 'The Jetsons' puttering around. It looks like they built a full scale ship too, really lovely craftsmanship, looks gorgeous, very realistic.

Despite looking like an old 'Star Trek' episode this film is a truly award winning entertainment machine. Not only does it look great (and still works well today) but its pretty tense at times too. The final moments for Donald Pleasence are still a bit harrowing as he is slowly engulfed by a large white corpuscle. His frantic squirming and panicking unnerve you quite a bit...'I can't move my hands!. I'm stuck and I can't...I can't move my hands!...Get me out!!'. Mr Pleasence most definitely steals the show throughout this film no doubt, Welsh as usual is nothing more than eye candy in a tight white jumpsuit. Quite liked Edmond O'Brien as the gruff General, everyone else was you're regular cliched sci-fi character.

All in all a fine example of good fun science fiction. Some plot holes do reveal themselves which do spoil it admittedly, mainly at the end when the Proteus is left inside the patients body half digested along with the laser gun, the bad doctor's remains (Pleasant) and all the fluid used to inject the crew originally. Surely that would all revert and cause death?. But a few niggly bits aside this film is solidly exhilarating with a lovely rose tinted charm that hasn't died in all these years.
July 2, 2013
I like old school sci fi movies,but Almost 60 years has passed since film was released, so whatever dazzled audiences then is just not there now.
June 17, 2013
This movie is superb. As a science fiction fans, i always look at movies which can create full of imagination and creativity to the audiences. The story about group of scientists shrink in a microscopic size and transport into the human body. I saw "Inner Space" too so what i think "Inner Space" is much more better and realistic than this. The effects are good but i knew that the creators of Independence day and Godzilla would like to do the remake. Should have it and probably with today's technology, you guys from the effects team can make people admired the ability of science fiction movies in the new milennium.
May 13, 2013
This Movie is Fantastic!!
April 3, 2013
Min bending trip through a human body. This film redefined what F/X was before that was even a term.
Rodschach
March 9, 2013
Contando con grandiosos efectos visuales "Fantastic Voyage" demuestra ser una joya de la ciencia ficción por su inteligente y emocionante viaje al cuerpo humano y se mantiene igual de asombrosa hasta la fecha.