Farmageddon - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Farmageddon Reviews

May 12, 2015
Pretty standard documentary. I was disappointed that no one had a solution to the problem other than to enact inequality. No one said let the market decide, they said let us have a different level of regulations on big agribusiness than small agribusiness. How do we decide, how do you set a number that says this is too big or this is too small for a set of regulations. The best part was watching this with my father-in-law saying "Just do what we did in the old days and shoot the bastards"
July 13, 2014
Everyone must watch!
½ July 13, 2014
If you begin your documentary by misquoting Thomas Jefferson with a politically distorted version of his actual text, how can the rest of the information to follow be appreciated or believed? Regardless of how many truths are in your message, it's negated by the the twisted delivery.
March 16, 2014
A must see for everyone who thinks that they live in the land of the free.
May 30, 2013
I enjoyed this film and wish I would recommend it to family and friends. Unfortunately, it appears to endorse too many of the big government interferences that at other times it rejects. We don't need more regulation or different types of regulation; we need government *out* of the way when it comes to what foods we can buy or consume.

I agreed with the film's advocacy of raw milk, grass-fed beef, and so forth. I agreed with the portions of the film that said to leave small farmers alone. I didn't agree with the portions that said to regulate big corporations more or to regulate them differently. Don't regulate them at all! Don't regulate small farms either. Get government out of the way, educate the consumers, and let the consumers choose with their wallets what they want.
½ October 19, 2013
ideological bull that I had to stop after 5 minutes. just NO.
September 20, 2013
Watch it on Netflix, it's brilliant
August 14, 2013
This is a must watch documentary for everyone and probably the most important domestic issue of our time. It's infuriating. It will make you want to get off your ass and actually do something productive. It might even make you realize how important it is to spend a few extra bucks on the organic stuff. Reckanize!
August 13, 2013
The description for this movie is really not accurate. It only slightly touches on the story of the mom whose son was healed from food allergies. That was the reason she created the movie, but not the point or the plot by any means. It really about government oversight of our farming and food production, and how that corrupt system is killing the small farmer and making us dependent on corporate farming. This movie is excellent.
August 1, 2013
A documentary about the state of farm industry in the USA and the constant battle small scale operations have with goverment regulations and institutions. Lots of same factoids as in the excellent Food, inc. coupled with idiotic goverment regulations enforced by "bought-by-big-boys" investigators of the offices.
½ June 23, 2013
This is sickening, but everyone should see it.
½ June 2, 2013
Just not quite as good as Food Inc. It even has some of the same interviewees. The quality of the film production is lower, but it is quite informative. A good watch for anyone that is into these type of documentaries.
May 18, 2013
Most people just want to be able to choose what food they want to eat and want to have the freedom to access said food. However, while the farmers were trying their best to give their animals happy and healthy lives compared to those poor things stuff in factory farms they still sent the animals off far before their time ever should have ended. I suppose you can only get so good with that farming style. They tried but, not thanks.
April 11, 2013
Apparently the critics of this documentary work for either the FDA, USDA, Monsanto, or some multi-billion dollar conglomerate.

Documentaries such as this one tend to be one sided because the government agencies and/or corporations that are involved in the injustices being committed don't want to comment on or defend their point of view.

Luckily their actions speak for themselves.
February 3, 2013
Very interesting movie.
March 8, 2013
Kristy Canty's narrative voice is a bit on the annoying side, but the information provided is enough to make me angry.
March 8, 2013
A must see movie for anyoe who eats.
½ February 25, 2013
Raw milk heals but the government does not want this "real food" available to families!
February 17, 2013
modfree hates TNEMNREVOG
February 17, 2013
I choose not to eat meat or anything that comes from an animal but I do believe in protecting local organic farms that are trying to do the right things by providing non hormonal foods and ethical treatment of animals they raise.