Fatso Reviews

½ April 10, 2015
Most of the laughs are at not with Dominick even if it is one of Deluise's best work.
½ May 22, 2013
anne bancroft directs this dark comedy
May 30, 2012
A great movie about one fat man learning to love himself
April 13, 2012
This is one very funny movie.
Anne Bancroft and Dom DeLuise were great together.
But eat a full meal before watching to avoid raiding the refrigerator.
½ December 10, 2011
I highly recommend the 1st half of this film, it has some incredibly funny scenes. However, like a second trip to the all you eat buffet table, I suggest you forego the second half which will leave you feeling bloated and sleepy.
November 6, 2011
There are some movies that are vital to the Italian American movie-goer, and this is one of them. It's both hilarious and sad. A weird combination that works perfectly, with the crazy Antoinette cursing up a storm during the most innapropriate times and the funny passive relationship between Dom and Lydia. "You're Polish? I'm Italian. - My mother was Italian. - So was mine." And that scene in the dietician's office with the list of "do and do-nots" might be one of my favorite scenes in cinema. More than anything, I love the message Fatso delivers; that physical appearance is only second to personal happiness.
March 30, 2011
Dom Delouise made a great character of what a fat pathetic man should be he was my hero especially when he threatens his brother with a fake gun then a knife the although it was an okay movie it would have been a great movie if more binging was in it. My favorite quote from the movie was "Thats nothing have you ever sucked the jelly out of a jelly donut and filled it with chocolate swirl". In the end this movie needed more binge eating and more fat people binge eating with The Dom.
½ January 8, 2011
I was surprised to see this on tv the other day
I hadn't seen it in years
I remembered right
they do talk about sucking the jelly out of a jelly doughnut
and filling it with a Reese's peanut butter cup
lol
½ March 9, 2011
Sad & dated. Luv Dom always tho.
January 18, 2011
tht's so funny..I love it..
October 21, 2010
Funny movie. Worth watching
½ January 26, 2009
December 18, 2008
A sensitive look at the problem of overeating-as-comfort. DeLuise is perfect in this role and Bancroft is great as his caring sister. The best part of this movie is when Dom and his two "support group' pals rip the kitchen apart after talking themselves into a psychotic feeding frenzy.
½ September 22, 2007
This is a funny movie
March 7, 2008
This is so hilarious...if you love food you will love this movie.
October 11, 2007
sounds like a love stowie!!!