RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: Fear and Loathing on Criterion Blu-Ray

Summary

It's finally happened: this week on home video, we don't have any notable DVDs of recent films that saw a theatrical release. Sure, there are plenty of standard reissues of movies, like The Crow, Cinema Paradiso, Shakespeare in Love, Amelie, and the Scream movies, but there's nothing particularly special about them. So this week, we've chosen just a handful of the more interesting ones, including Criterion Blu-Ray releases of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas and Blow Out, as well as a couple of Jodorowsky cult favorites, a couple of recent anime films, an old Bob Dylan documentary on Blu-Ray, and a new BBC nature series. So have a look, and if nothing suits your fancy, you'll just have to wait until next week. Back to Article

Comments

doomzdavo

Doomz Davo

lol. Sure why not

Apr 26 - 02:29 PM

JAKEofMIDWORLD

Jake Almond

Blow Out is fantastic. Looking forward to picking that up.

Apr 26 - 03:13 PM

The.Watcher

The Watcher

Apr 26 - 04:12 PM

ap sirius

karl anderson

where do you sign up for the anal probing??? I hear a certain grouchy editor could use a smile

Apr 26 - 05:12 PM

ap sirius

karl anderson

try seeing his film Naked Lunch while half baked !! it actually starts to make sense....lol

Apr 26 - 05:14 PM

The.Watcher

The Watcher

Yeah, I've seen all of them... I have to say that I found Scanners and Videodrome the most enjoyable while baked, matched in awesomeness only by Peter Jackson's Bad Taste & BrainDead.

Apr 26 - 07:25 PM

Helge B.

Helge Beck

It's always Apocalypse Now for me. And the Blade Runner Final Cut. And Highlander. And Spirited Away. Oh and when it comes to Cronenberg-style freakishness, I strongly recommend Hellraiser ("WE WILL TEAR YOUR SOUL APAAART!" -> blackout from hyperventilation)!

Apr 27 - 02:39 AM

Linda B.

Linda Burke

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time is supposed to be fantastic. I may check it out. Everything else, meh.

Apr 26 - 06:07 PM

Valmordas

Val Mordas

How did 'Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas' get a 47% rating. I guess you have to have an open mind while watching it, and too many of these critics are just didn't get it. The pity's for them.

Apr 26 - 06:24 PM

Thats No MooN

joshua zimmer

I was on ACID the fist time I watched it so you can say my mind was open. It's one of those movies where you have to watch it more than once to catch all the little things you missed and I mean the real little things where you go DID HE REALLY JUST SAY THAT and then laugh your ass off

Apr 28 - 06:53 AM

Trailer for Angelina Jolie's latest

<em>The Hunger Games</em>
The Hunger Games

New Mockingjay teaser trailer

<em>Jimi</em> Trailer
Jimi Trailer

Clips: Andre 3000 plays Hendrix!