Fear of a Black Hat - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fear of a Black Hat Reviews

½ February 3, 2011
"He's been shot twenty-two times. Twenty-two! That muffugga ain't got no blood."

The film's title probably didn't do much for its marketing campaign, if there even was one. And really, that's the only area where this movie failed. It's like CB4 but funny. And relevant. Even to this day. Even if you don't like rap as much as I do.
½ January 5, 2007
The Spinal Tap of rap music, this mockumentary follows NWA (Niggas With Hats), on their rise to fame. Funnier than I expected.
March 30, 2009
Pretty funny; some excellent and easily recognizable parodies. Also some really good original music.
½ February 7, 2009
The Greatest Mockumentary Ever Made Tells The Story Of N****s Wit Hats or N.W.H! The Rise & Fall Of Their Careers As A Group & Solo Artists Is One Of The Most Hilarious Storys Ever Told!!!
½ January 16, 2009
Hilarious movie...originally saw this when it came out in the mid-90's...

I know it's a rip-off from Spinal Tap, but it's a damn good rip-off...
June 18, 2007
Very Clever and funny movie....for those who knew what was going on in the rap world back in the late 80's early 90's..

My Peanuts!!!
July 17, 2007
Gotta be on e of the funniest Indie movies ever produced. This puts the mock in Mockumentary and is constantly funny as you watch. Good stuff for real.
½ June 27, 2007
Are you kidding me, such a great movie, it's the original CB4, just not as popular but great. Peanuts Peanuts...
May 16, 2007
a mock-u-mentary about N.W.H (niggas with hats), and the meteoric rise in the rap world, which scares a lot of people...

"so what we're saying is... we got some hats now ma'fucka"
May 14, 2007
This film is a parody of the rap group NWA it introduces us to the trio NWH Niggas with Hats -- the reasoning for their name is enough to see the film.

Now this is not my usual kind of comedy -- I usually like darkly funny films but this one is hillarious. I remember watching it as a kid and my father hiding the video because we were doing the raps around the house; "Kill Whitey" and "Fuck the security Gaurds" are a few of my favorites.
May 14, 2007
Ice Cold: Right, but see actually that shit was supposed to be NWH - Fear of a Black Hat, then subtitled "Don't Shoot Until You See the Whites."

Nina Blackburn: Of their eyes?

Ice Cold: Who's eyes?
½ April 21, 2007
A funny parody of rap culture at the time. I wonder what it would be like if it was done for today's rap...
January 24, 2007
Most people wouldn't agree with that rating, but who cares. I laugh my ass off every time I watch this movie..
October 26, 2006
Somebody already said it, but it bears repeating; This movie does for rap what 'This is Spinal Tap' did for rock and roll.
Incredibly funny - it hits all of the stereotypes of the rap world and shows how stupid some of the antics that are emulated by kids today are.
Two thumbs up and a cap in yo' ass.
September 29, 2006
A film that I picked up on a friend's recommendation. It is a funny film, but it would have been a lot more funny had I seen it back when NWA and Flava Flav and the like were more prominent.
April 15, 2006
This film is "Spinal Tap" for rap fans. "CB4" is for people who know nothing about rap; "Fear of a Black Hat" are for those of us that do.
June 15, 2015
I, and all my friends, loved this flick. Great article in 6/14/15 NY Times about the movie that is spot on. We got some hats now!
½ April 19, 2015
It's not as good as Spinal Tap but it's in the neighborhood.
½ April 20, 2014
One of the funniest 90s movies to this date.
September 12, 2012
One of the funniest mockumentaries ever made, yet no one has seen it. Do yourself a favor and check this flick out!