Feast of Love - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Feast of Love Reviews

January 7, 2013
Paced like a novel for sure, but some rich character acting.
December 31, 2012
This movie was not without its moments (most, if not all, featuring Greg Kinnear and Morgan Freeman) - but it also had some scenes and storytelling in general that were outright terrible. Why they felt the need to include the nudity is beyond me, as it didn't add anything to the movie and would not have suffered in any way without those particular scenes. I believe Greg Kinnear is a genuinely outstanding actor and a personal favourite of mine (see 'Little Miss Sunshine'). If you make it through the first half, you might as well watch the rest - but this film doesn't do credit to it's cast.
December 31, 2012
Seemingly good movie then BAM sad ending. You were warned.
December 30, 2012
I love this movie. I laughed I cried and would totally watch it again. If you don't like Morgan Freeman for shame. You will love the man in this movie.
December 27, 2012
hmmm...looks like a lovely movie
½ December 21, 2012
Total waste of a talented cast. The writer should have his WGA card revoked. It has virtually no character development, unbelievable plot, and is chock full of clich├ęs, some of them offensive. (Morgan Freeman is the wise, all-knowing old black man, Greg Kinnear is a total loser who does nothing to convince us that any woman would like him let alone the three he marries in this film, etc. etc.)
December 7, 2012
Not a mr kipling advert, a film, romantic. I see Morgan Freeman didnt do well on the dating though,. I see the other columns have two heads. But looks like a mass Love Actually style serial storylined romance. Phew! Sounds hard work describing this lil baby. Probably aload of rubbish but might be really good. Will see.
November 8, 2012
I don't do depressing chick flicks.
October 30, 2012
Tuesday, October 30, 2012

(2007) Feast Of Love
ROMANTIC DRAMA

You know a movie is not very good when the soap operas one can get from television can come up with a more interesting premised that is better than this which centers on the Morgon Freeman character looking back few weeks before to recount as well as narrate some failed relationships and successful ones. The movie stars Greg Kinnear who basically tries to do the best he can with his artificial character and Selma Blair as his going to be ex-wife to whom her husband doesn't pay too much attention to. Pretentious film doesn't offer anything more than an excuse to showcase some nice looking T and A of some well known actresses Radha Mitchell, Selma Blair and Alexa Davalos who goes full frontal. It may have worked had it been longer to flesh out it's main characters but not as a 2 hour film.

2 out of 4
September 9, 2012
I quite liked this little movie because it was cute, funny and sad. I imagine it wasn't popular because there's so much infidelity.
August 31, 2012
Perhaps this movie is too full of the reality of the disappointments of life, but I found it ultimately depressing. Its message seems to be persevere in the face of blow after blow. Some people will let you down or try to kill you, but if you survive you'll find some people to help you. Fair amount of fairly gratuitous nudity.

Good performances, even of some unlikeable characters by Jane Alexander, Radha Mitchell, Billy Burke, Fred Ward, and Greg Kinnear. The normally reliable Morgan Freeman seems too passive in this central role. Toby Hemingway seems doomed from the start.

Good set direction in having the environments tell a lot about the characters.
August 26, 2012
The film had a solid idea, but failed to capitalize on the more interesting stories. The acting is good enough to make the film a lot better.
February 26, 2008
Funny and sad at the same time. Good tearjerker.
½ August 7, 2012
Familiar interwoven relationships story with Greg Kinnear looking uncomfortable playing his part.
October 1, 2007
The trailer for this film has me very intrigued. We'll see.
July 30, 2012
The unexpected is always with us.
July 5, 2012
A beautiful and touch warming movie.
July 3, 2012
I thought this movie was amazing. You're either going to love it or hate it though.
June 9, 2012
Greg Kinnear plays an oblivious, put-upon sad sack who gets involved with two women, both 15 years his junior, who are completely incompatible with him. He whines about that for a while, then cuts off the tip of his finger with a kitchen knife. I'm sure there is more, but that's as far as we cared to watch. Despite an astonishing number of gratuitous nude shots of stunningly beautiful couples locked in heated embraces (no, Kinnear is not among them), this is an amazingly dull and lifeless film that shows little understanding of love, passion, or human motivation.
June 20, 2012
There are some interesting names on that cast, but I don't know. It could be a bit too much drama for me.