Ferocious Planet - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ferocious Planet Reviews

Lord Naseby
August 28, 2011
The last film that is months overdue for a request. 7 or 8 months I believe. Once again it is an Irukandji film.

Acting/characters: One of my first thoughts was 'ooh, it has Gimli in it! What fun! But I'm just gonna go ahead and say it, he has a total of about 3 minutes or so of screen time but he has high billing for the film. That right off the bat tells you what kind of film it is. The characters are all what you'd expect from a film like this: stupid stereotypes. every last one of them. And they die in the order they're supposed to. The acting fit the film. It was pretty bad. Not as horrible as I expected but still pretty bad. But everyone in this film was a complete moron. Every. Last. One. Some just less so than others. basically par for the course for a film like this one. 1/10

Plot: I've seen plots like this before: race against time before something bad happens. It played out the same way too. I must admit that it was rather entertaining actually. Nothing awesome but it kept my interest. But it was a bit too long. It was bout 90 minutes but I felt that that was a bit too much. Funny how some movies can make 90 minutes feel too long. I just felt myself wanting it to end. It was a little repetitive and its tricks to add suspense just didn't work because you knew how it was going to end anyways. But I must give it some credit, it was entertaining for the most part. 4/10

Screenplay: Just terrible, absolutely terrible. It's a SyFy movie. They churn them out so fast they don't even bother with the screenplay. Nothing else to say really. 0/10

Likableness: Despite its innumerable glaring flaws I kinda enjoyed it. Mostly. Would I watch it again? Sure with a group of friends. But otherwise no. Would I suggest this one to someone who likes stupid cheesy films like this one? Not really actually. If you want that watch Wyvern. That one was much better. Am I glad I watched it? Sure. It was far from the worst film I have ever seen. It was merely entertaining and overly cheesy but really bad. And the special effects were horrendous. Absolutely horrendous. They could have done better. 3/10

Final Score: 8/40 20%
Tomatometer rating: N/A
Tomatometer rating if my review was added: 0%

No trivia for this movie either. sad day.
½ January 18, 2016
SyFy channel movie. Low budget, cheesy graphics, and somehow a decently good story. Worth the watch, if nothing to watch, nothing to do, nothing but time to waste, watch it :)
½ April 27, 2014
It sticks out a little bit from these Maneater films, but it still has the usual bad CGI and incoherent plot. Some fun creature moments, but they're not enough to make the film worth sitting through. It had an interesting premise at least.
March 4, 2012
I wanted to really like this movie because I love Joe Flanigan. However, it feel flat and even he couldn't save it. This movie was awful and I couldn't even finish it because it was just bad.
½ January 23, 2012
Watching Sallah/Gimli attempt to speak in a American cowboy? accent was hilarious, unfortunately he doesn't last long, what without his camels and axe.
½ January 18, 2016
September 25, 2015
I really like both Joe Flanigan and John Rhys- Davies. They probably was the only thing good about this film. The acting with the other co-stars was not good and CGI was pretty much awful.
January 28, 2015
(12%)
A cheapo made for TV sci-fi time passer that is best watched either a little drunk, or with friends so to rip into it (or both), because this is so throwaway and low in content that entire scenes could be shortened or even cut out entirely and you'd still know exactly of what little is going on. The only nameable star is John Rhys-Davies, and he's on screen for about 10 minutes, leaving the TV actors and B-movie stars to carry this feeble monster movie by themselves. This was intended to be fluff from the start, with the script filled with corny lines, bad jokes, and stupid characters. While the computer effects are like those found in the video game "Quake", from 1996. This can be watched without really wanting to give up on it because it is quite well paced and enjoyable in a very shallow, goofy manner, but this isn't worth a look.
½ April 27, 2014
March 31, 2013
typical sy-fi channel movie...nothing exciting, at least I can see the monster!
October 7, 2012
I watched it because I'm a big fan of Joe Flanigan. However it was a real chore to watch. Bad script, bad music, and bad effects. The deaths were terrible. It was so predictable. I found myself checking to see the counter. I'm still waiting to see Joe flex his acting muscles. Didn't see it this time.
August 8, 2012
Generic Alien concept, some funny lines, a couple twists, and deaths exactly where they are supposed to happen. This film was pretty good for a one-time watch while I was bored.
August 5, 2012
Quite low budget movie, but it is an interesting story that might have been much better if the animations were made better:) However I never really understood why the alien creatures always hunted and killed them, I mean, theoretically this was the first time they encountered humans, so why hunt them like they were sworn enemies?! It was fun though to se Joe Flanigan in something else than Stargate, even though he almost had the same role;)))
½ July 19, 2012
Why.... this was just painful.
June 30, 2012
A bloody syfy horror film....I liked it!
May 28, 2012
This was a really BAD movie, borrowing heavily from others in the genre. However, once I finished laughing at the poor special effects, Styrofoam wreckage and mediocre acting by some of the cast, I kinda got into it. After all, it was filmed on location in Ireland (pretty forested area) with some Irish actors who were pretty good. Still, I missed Mike and the 'bots.
½ April 28, 2012
I survived Ferocious Planet....barely! Joe Flanigan does a good job, but the plot is thin.
½ March 20, 2012
This was just a little bit to much of a B-movie
March 4, 2012