Ferris Bueller's Day Off Reviews

October 26, 2009
John Hughes's best all round teen comedy. It gets a little soppy at times for my liking. The headmaster steels the show, with the end credits being a particular delight, oh and it has an early appearance of Charlie Sheen.
½ May 18, 2014
Energetically youthful and goofy as hell, its hard not to feel good after watching Bueller's Day Off. It feels like a family film for adults, if such a thing were possible. Don't look up the theories though- they'll destroy the film for you!
July 27, 2011
A clever, fun yet suspenseful film. You wonder if Rooney is actually going to catch Ferris and its a lot of fun to watch him try.
September 4, 2015
Ferris Bueller's Day off is a fun light-hearted comedy and it's one of my favorite John Hughes films.
September 1, 2015
This teen comedy is a cut above the rest, with it's clever storyline and techniques, such as speaking directly to the camera. It centres around the comparison between Ferris' day and his school's dean, with hilarious consequences for both. The final bus scene is a fitting culmination. 1001
½ August 7, 2015
Cuando vi esta película a los 12 años jamas olvide el gran mensaje que esta película te transmite, que aunque sea una comedia las escenas poéticas le quedan como anillo a dedo a la película, que aunque claro las escenas dramáticas son una de las mejores partes de la película no hay que olvidarnos de la comedia que es el punto fuerte de la película, porque la comedia a mi parecer en esta película es muy original e incluso nos ha entregado a uno de los personajes más carismáticos (a mi parecer) de toda la historia del cine, si, Ferris Bueller, que a mi parecer también triunfa por una increíble actuación por parte de Matthew Broderick que en esta película ha logrado en mi criterio es una de las mejores actuaciones de toda la historia del cine, claro no hay que olvidarnos de su personaje que es muy inteligente y entrega comedia sin parar, por cierto, además de Broderick no nos podemos olvidar de otros actores que también han hecho buenas actuaciones como Mia Sara, Alan Ruck, Jennifer Grey, Jeffrey Jones y la pequeña actuación de Charlie Sheen como un extra. Otro punto que me encanta de esta película es que utilice recursos visuales para explicar unas cuantas cosas de la trama y hacer unos cuantos chistes muy bien manejados. Increíble y inolvidable comedia que para el día de hoy, me parece la mejor comedia juvenil que he visto, muy recomendable.
August 19, 2015
A very fun comedy. This is probably the best thing Matthew Broderick has ever done. This movie is funny, witty, and completely random. The writing is fantastic and everyone is great at their roles. It's funny, yet has a heart to it. Some things seem a little forced, but you don't linger over it. The movie is pretty simple: Dude has a day off from school, and insanity ensues. Pretty simple, and pretty awesome. 8.25/10
August 17, 2015
The dream scenario for any kid who's gone to school.
August 11, 2015
Breaking the fourth wall, skipping classes and stealing a car makes Ferris Bueller's Day Off an enjoyable and memorable 80s comedy film
½ July 26, 2014
Ferris Bueller is a fun movie. The main characters are all well acted, and the characters are quite memorable. The movie is very funny, clever, and enjoyable. The story wasn't sure where it wanted to go at first. But once it gets going, this movie will make everyone laugh. The movie is very quotable and well written. Jeffery Jones as the principal determined to catch Ferris is a stand out, as well as Jennifer Grey as Ferris's sister. The ending is both satisfying and emotional. This is a fun movie, even if it has its flaws. The story may wander into some unnecessary scenes, but its great entertainment. The characters act like real teenagers thanks to some especially good writing. The story may be a bit all over the map and it's a little long, but Ferris Bueller is sure to entertain. Ferris Bueller's Day Off gets 3.5/5 stars (B).
½ August 6, 2015
I hated the character.Ferris Beuller is bull-shit.
July 30, 2015
It is impossible not to AT LEAST smile and feel energetic during this anarchic adventure of pure fun. If you manage do so nonetheless, seek help.
Call in sick, take a sweet Ferrari and then do what? Well, as Ferris would say it is more a question of what they aren't going to do. You might see this movie as a light-hearted comedy about having fun as long as you're young, because later on you end up in college, then in a 9-5 job, married and with kids. And John Hughes definitely succeeds in that, but I like to see a bigger picture. That you should enjoy your life no matter how old you are or what you do in life. As Ferris says, "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." Life is too short to spend it like Ed Rooney does by being a total shmuck and trying to make everyone elses life miserable as well.
Just live your life the way you want, and not the way someone else want it. Be crazy, have fun, enjoy life. It's too short and you only have one.
July 30, 2009
Entertaining, but I almost want the little bugger to get caught. I don't know what message we're sending our kids. Nice little touch at the end.
July 5, 2015
Just a brilliant comedy. Everything about this film is smart and feel good. The characters are intriguing, a few which are a little one dimensional, but apart from that everyone here has a funny and clever motive to do something and the comedy built around that just slots in so beautifully around the other characters motives (seeing them get annoyed is an essential part of this). Brilliant Comedy
½ June 20, 2015
Nostalgic innocence.
June 16, 2015
I love this movie. Ferris's antihero attitude, the jokes, the writing, and the plot all make this a great film. I like how Ferris is a nice guy, but he's kind of a jerk to his best friend Cameron, and he's a liar. That makes him a classic antihero, which I think makes the story more interesting than it would have been with a hero. As for the jokes, the scene where Rooney is informed that Ferris is on line 2 (prompting him to have a facial expression that just screams "Oh, crap") and the scene where the nurse is about to say "I'm the nurse to likes to f---" but gets the door slammed in her face right before she can say the last word are both hilarious. As for writing, it's very quotable. Just look at the quotes that are on here. Finally, the plot. Ferris fakes sick to his parents, and as soon as they leave, he takes an eponymous day off. He calls his best friend Cameron, and Cameron reluctantly agrees. He also gets his girlfriend Sloane to come, much less reluctantly. They go out into the city and have a hell of a time. All in all, 5/5 stars.
June 21, 2006
One of the John Hughes classics. Pure '80s nostalgia in less than 2 hours. Bueller is the teenage version of Macaulay Culkin's character from Home Alone, always outsmarting the world around him and doing it in style. His friend Cameron is more or less the polar opposite, but has a certain old-timey flair to him as well. Bueller's girlfriend Sloane adds a kind feminine touch to the movie, and the other actors in general are amazing. There was about a decade, from 1985 to 1995, where everything that was 1980s could be condensed down into about an hour or two of film, and this is certainly one of those movies. The days before cellphones or the Internet, when computers were rare and everything looked like it was made from wood or recycled steel from the 1950s. Much like Hughes' other films, Ferris Bueller's Day Off is a piece of history that must be witnessed. It only loses a star because I still think, after watching it again, that the movie is a bit short. At less than 2 hours, it feels like there was more that could have been added.
May 17, 2015
An iconic and quirky teen comedy.
January 30, 2008
Can't be a movie lover and not see Ferris Bueller's day off. Sebastian and I have been watching the Goldbergs together. Which is a pretty funny TV show about life in the 80's and there was this whole episode where they tried to do Ferris Buelller's Day off and I was like -- we gotta watch the movie now because he didn't get like most of the jokes as he hadn't seen the movie. It's funny having to explain a lot of the stuff in the movie - like no they can't just do that because no one has cell phones and you can't look stuff up on the internet. yeah most people didn't really have computers back then.