The Ferryman Reviews

May 29, 2014
A horrifying experience, not because it was scary but because it was really bad. I hate the acting, I hate the script, I hate the casting. There's nothing enjoyable about this film. The scariest part was the animal cruelty I think. Please stop trying to make good New Zealand films happen, it's not gonna happen. This is just utterly embarrassing.
November 29, 2013
Just a terrible movie. I thought Ghost Ship was pretty bad, but this was just unbearable. It has already been wiped from my mind it was that bad. I can enjoy B grade movies, but this wasn't even close to B grade.
August 2, 2013
The mood and look are about right, and the make-up works, but the plot is a little thin, it only really comes together at the end, before that it's all about the psychology of relationships with plenty of blood thrown in.
½ May 14, 2013
Kinda boring and not really scary. Some parts are a little scary, but not intense. It's not really bloody, either. I saw it on the SyFy channel, so I should have known better.
½ December 19, 2011
hate it, I thought it was crap, I will not watch this film ever again, I thought it was really crap, it starred Kerry Fox, John Rhys-Davies and Amber Sainsbury, don't want it on DVD, thought it was crap
½ November 3, 2012
Low budget horror from New Zealand. Didn't really get the connection to Charon, the ferryman of Hades, who makes a somewhat brief appearance near the end. The acting is subpar, but the blood effects are pretty good. The storyline is corny, and the "effect" during the transfer of bodies looked more like an epileptic seizure than anything supernatural going on. There is a scene of animal cruelty involving a dog which is supposed to depict just how evil this entity is. Any tension which might have been built up was ruined by the overacting cast. I applaud the effort of the filmmakers by giving it a 1/2 star more than it deserves.
August 5, 2009
Well..... it was different that's for sure. Could see the twist at the end coming from a mile off but otherwise this was a fairly unique horror.
½ April 6, 2012
June 7, 2011
A good paranormal movie with a pretty cool plot.
April 6, 2011
low budget horror movie starts off intresting then gets a bit draggy but picks up near the end, overall nice
February 27, 2011
I was pleasantly surprised with this one. I thought it would be awful but I found myself enjoying the story of a Greek spirit who has been running from death for hundreds of years. A quartet of vacationers catch a ride to Fiji on a small boat but take a detour to pick up John Rhys-Davies. Too bad he's carrying the Greek spirit who will work his way through the group.
Shrewlord
½ January 10, 2011
Low budget shocker but with some tension and atmosphere which make it less forgettable than many.
½ October 18, 2010
August 30, 2009
nice horror movie... :)
½ December 26, 2007
A job well done by the actors as each lost their body to the "Greek."
½ April 16, 2009
Not a bad little Horror flick.

Some good performances, nice gore and a story that isn't entirely boring or stupid...okay, a little stupid but it's entertaining.
½ April 1, 2009
the movie starts well but then the movie lose its pace. the movie is not cleared .also thoughtless movie with poor script.some of moments are frightening and exciting which makes me too give some pts. rest all is very poor & below average movie.
½ January 28, 2009
Solid entertainment.
October 4, 2008
very good for a kiwi horror. i was prepared for worse but it surprised me that it was as good as it was.