63% The Maze Runner Sep 19

90% Outlander: Season 1

The Fighting Temptations Reviews

Luke Tegan
September 20, 2013
I just happened to catch this movie on some network channel I was flipping through because I couldn't find anything to watch. Not a bad movie, but not good enough to rent on Netflix. It is a teen drama/comedy that is cliche and recycles numerous old ideas
June 20, 2013
Predictable, obvious and eye-rolling in a silly land without any real romance between the two main characters.
Yoru H.
June 3, 2013
The movie is good it has a strong gospel premise and the characters are hilarious. The music was amazing and yes the plot was weak but the music makes up for it.
May 16, 2013
Ugh, this movie makes so many mistakes. It's unsubtle, predictable, and unoriginal.
February 21, 2013
Nice story, but there are some questionable plot points that come up. At least the music was great!
December 7, 2012
Could be worth a viewing, would like to see it sometime in the future.
March 1, 2010
Excellent gospel music and some other musical gems highlight this otherwise poor excuse for a film. The music is as good as it gets. So good I just might buy my first gospel cd ever. But the goods stop there, with the possible exception of Beyonce who manages a decent acting performance to go with some superb vocals. Actually, the supporting cast is likable for the most part and do an okay job.

However, Cuba Gooding Jr. was completely abysmal, almost as bad as the screenplay. The story itself is implausible, the jokes are stale and the dialogue is boring. Yet, the music was so much fun, I am glad that I saw it and would recommend it to others. Just fast forward through all parts where they are not singing. Believe me you won't miss anything worth seeing.
August 26, 2012
Good predictable story, good cast, but really enjoyed the music. Typical feel good movie much like Sister Act 2. Beyonce looks and sounds great, she makes the movie. Other than that you could stay away from this one.
July 4, 2007
not bad, but not amazing....i think that beyonce was kind of boring.....but i liked it.
starlett2005
July 12, 2012
The Fighting Temptations is another decent film. It is about a New York advertising executive travels to a small Southern town to collect an inheritance but finds he must create a gospel choir and lead it to success before he can collect. Cuba Gooding Jr. and Beyonce give good performances. The screenplay is okay and has a few funny moments. The music is excellent. Jonathan Lynn did a pretty good job directing this movie. I liked this motion picture because of the music.
June 28, 2012
Great film - top musical performances and laugh out loud lines make this a must see.
April 16, 2012
good music. ok acting
April 13, 2012
A bit over-done/cheesy, but a cute film with a cute message.
February 4, 2012
A very meaningful Movie:)
Lee G.
December 25, 2011
Its difficult to sit through, but each song marks much needed break periods from cliched plot development, much thanks to a unique, diverse, and somewhat strange contributions to the cast. Favorite of all, Beyonce.
June 22, 2011
I like this movie, although its predictable and a tad cheesey its a great "feel good movie"...and I am simply trying to raise its rating ;)
Lucas M

June 20, 2011
Good story, bad film.
TwixxLove
May 1, 2011
Love this move as well i love singing so i love this one it's a really good move to watch
March 8, 2011
linda hope this is movie u wanted. i just wrote "movie in top bar on right. hope u find it. love mamma 2 8 11
kambiddle
February 6, 2011
Well, nothing new in the world... funny but not enough.. nice gospel and Beyonce can't help it - I wouldn't watch it again.