A Film Unfinished - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A Film Unfinished Reviews

½ August 14, 2015
The footages of unfinished Nazi propaganda made into a documentary about the horrifying life of Jews in Warsaw Ghetto.
November 3, 2014
The Germans filmed this as propaganda against the Jews, but it has become a heartbreaking and haunting historical document in Holocaust history. I found it difficult to watch at times.
September 24, 2010
This is a beautifully pieced together historical documentary which focuses more on information than anything else. It's not necessarily entertaining, nor does it try to be for people who aren't interested in the content, making this much better than if it tried to expand its audience.
June 8, 2014
Just terrible what happened. Hope lessons can be learned, Pure evil.
June 7, 2011
It does not happen everyday that you can see a 60 minutes long movie shot in the Warsaw Ghetto in 1942. A true insight into this horrifying time and place.
½ June 26, 2013
La mas cruel y estremecedora muestra de la propaganda Nazi, con imagenes nunca antes vista de la vida en los guetos que muestra hasta donde era capaz de llegar el regimen Nazi con tal de crear la mas grande mentira de la historia mundial.
½ April 14, 2013
A true narrative of a hidden Nazi propaganda film shot in the Warsaw Ghetto in 1942. It depicts a major turning point as the Nazis were persecuting Jews and how they lived. The entire movie is this unseen footage that was recently unearthed. Survivors provide commentary over it explaining conditions. Also unearthed was an Outtake reel of cut footage showing how the Nazis had attempted to stage certain things for their propaganda film. This is a historically incredible film.
½ April 6, 2012
Well made, but I've seen a LOT of films regarding WWII and I can't say I came out learning things I hadn't previously known or experiencing feelings I hadn't previously felt.

If you don't know much about the Jewish ghetto in Warsaw, you will probably find this more interesting than I did.
½ February 15, 2013
A surreal and haunting documentary about an unfinished Nazi propaganda film that attempted to conceal the devastating horrors in the Warsaw ghetto by staging scenes of contentment specifically for the cameras. This is a devastating documentary about the subversively evil power of propaganda, and an absolute must-see picture.
February 1, 2013
A Film Unfinished is a crucial film. It depicts a necessary awakening to the truths and lies of Warsaw and features some of the most haunting displays of human torture seen in cinema. The film also poses a serious in-depth study on the effects of fabrication versus realism in cinema and at what point one becomes the other.
January 2, 2013
good doc An electrifying essay on film's ability to falsify history.
November 29, 2012
Knew this stuff already, good for someone who has no knowlege of the subject.
October 31, 2012
Wow...those Nazis were a sick bunch.
October 28, 2012
A must. Very glad they could share it. I'd say it's a light version for people who aren't ready to see the "big" picture.
August 14, 2012
The most oppressive film you will ever see...footage of the tragic atrocities committed in the Warsaw Ghetto are graphic and will haunt you for life.
June 19, 2012
The making of a WWII nazi propaganda film shot in the ghettos. A more fresh feeling take on the whole situation loaded with raw original footage that is mashed together with readings of diaries and live accounts about the actions around the filming. A true piece of history.
May 19, 2012
Obviously depressing but even more scary how planned and thought out even the slightest details of the Nazi regime were to the point of filming fake dinner parties in the ghetto (their intent was to produce propaganda showing happy life in the ghettos).
½ April 5, 2012
A quietly subtle documentary of Jews living in the Warsaw Ghetto during WWII as perceived and filmed by Nazis, attempting to show the vast differences of rich vs poor and the unsentimental nature of the community, which was utterly false and often staged. It is hypnotic, haunting, and creepy, especially considering it was reality. Would have made a better 60-minute PBS Special.
April 4, 2012
I need to work up the courage to watch this.
August 31, 2010
This is so heartbreaking to watch. The presentation of this story was unique and captivating, but the images are just horrible.