Final Destination 2 Reviews

July 11, 2007
4 stars, and that only for the blow-you-outta-yer-seat opening. The rest is the series typical Death as an implacable, invisible prankster force-of-nature ... and I can live with that. Don't get too attached to any characters.
YodaMasterJedi
March 28, 2007
three stars
November 25, 2011
Hey, I still enjoyed it. The premise was still fresh and creepy.
December 28, 2011
One of my favored series of films...I like them all and they can do no wrong!
September 26, 2011
I think this one goes neck and neck with the first one, it's not bad.
½ May 29, 2006
I was originally very harsh on this film. It is a sequel just for the sake of money, but after franchises such as Saw, it doesn't seem so bad. We came here for ridiculous deaths and that's certainly what we get. The biggest problem is the amount of characters. Like all horror films, it feels as though it must up the ante. Unfortunately with more and more deaths, each death has less impact. We don't know nor care for the characters, and there is less build up to each death. Here, the characters spend too long looking for clues with no real way of stopping the deaths the whole vision thing becomes rather redundant.
July 25, 2006
As good as the first one (which wasn't brilliant either) but that's very rare in this type of series. Not as predictable as the first however which is good although the acting is just as bad.
January 13, 2010
This is an improvement on the original which was already a good film, leaving this film with only new deaths and a new concept, and this time around, no matter how cheesy it may be, is the most believable. Again, it tests fate and the outcome is crazy insane. Final Destination 2 may not be as original in coming up with the premise, but it's more believable, the acting improves, and the outcome is much more satisfying. Great flick!
½ December 28, 2010
This sequel deserves credit for the spectacular first sequence, which is really tense and well made. What follows is more tongue-in-cheek though, making fun of Death's ingenious traps, and with an interesting idea about how the story is influenced by the events seen in the first film.
TheDudeLebowski65
½ October 11, 2010
This film is a lot more gory than the first one, and it really emphasizes more on tongue in cheek style comedy. You are found laughing at part where you're supposed to be scared, and holding onto your seat. The outcome of everyone's demise is pretty predictable, a lesser film than the first, but watchable for an unintentional laugh. Final Destination 2 features some of the worst acting ever put to film, and the decisions the characters make seem very stupid, every character getting knocked off seems to make stupid decisions. While the first Final Destination film was very intriguing and had a very interesting concept for a storyline, this one basically tries to redo the first film, but injecting the script with unintentional laughs. Like I've said, at part where you're supposed to scared, you laugh. I view this film as a comedy horror film, and nothing more. Unfortunately, the third entry follows the same path and becomes like the second film a barely decent "horror" film. The film suffers from being predictable to having a bad cast and bad script. The only thing going for it is the elaborate death sequences, and even that is not enough to redeem this borderline watchable horror film. The way to see the sequels to the first Final Destination film is a guilty pleasure, because thats what they are. They manage to entertain, but it's obvious that the filmmakers are starting to run out of ideas when the sequels start to being more funny than scary.David R. Ellis helms this second entry and try to do something good on screen, but the end results are mixed and the film like I've said a so-so blend horror and comedy. If you decide to watch this second entry, you might be disappointed because you'll find it very predictable, and more slapstick comedy oriented. However it's pretty entertaining despite all it's faults because the characters seem to intentionally put themselves into harms way, and it's very thrilling, and enjoyable to watch idiocy happen on screen.
June 21, 2007
"That's why death is working backwards. It's tying up all the loose ends. Sealing the rift once and for all."

Yep, when a movie has dialogue that silly, you expect it to be pretty ridiculous. And that's exactly what Final Destination 2 is.

It's even more over-the-top than the original movie was. A new group of people once again escape death in a huge accident, only to face further absurdly elaborate attempts on their lives. The death scenarios were all pretty entertaining, and if you weren't tired of the formula after the first movie, you'll probably enjoy the escalated efforts of this second installment. It's literally just more of the same, but guessing how each person is going to die is the kind of light entertainment that just doesn't get old, for me.
June 24, 2010
B+
3niR
½ May 16, 2010
Good like the first one.
January 20, 2010
This one is slightly better than the first only because the craft is better. The opening wreckage is beautiful and actually had me hooked for awhile, until I started falling asleep from boredom and tediousness. It has the same problem as the first: a cool premise ruined by horrible execution. There's crappy writing & acting abound, the story is muddled and doesn't know how to end, and it is just BORING. Just like the first everything has to be completely serious from beginning to end, despite the fact that I'm sure half of the people involved probably had to hold back laughter during the production process. The movie oozes cheese. Like I said though, the special effects and deaths are definitely better than the first, but not enough that I can recommend this cinematic garbage. I've heard that the third one has some intentional camp and at least decent acting, so maybe I'll enjoy that one. Or maybe not... I'm too depressed by this series awfulness right now to even think about watching a third one.
½ September 2, 2009
All of the FD films are kinda cool not great but just neat hehe the eerie fact that a force like 'death' could be killing off people who cheat him is a wonderful idea and gets you thinking too. But I have come to judge the FD films (1-3) on the opening death sequence really, the rest of the film is merely the usual string of accidental deaths in more weird and wonderful ways haha its all the same but we know that and can forgive it.

As for this one the opening sequence is great, a truly amazing set up, hardly original of course just to have a pile up, but its done very well and makes you wince on many occasion :)
Its lasts for a decent amount of time, sets up all the character perfectly and looks pretty realistic, from then on you just have the usual death coaster formula haha

A decent sequel that does just what the first set up, thats all it need do.
January 28, 2007
I loved the first film. I thought it was clever and genuinely creepy and scary. I also loved this film, but for a completely different reason. This film is just pure fun - don't expect to be scared if the first one scared you. The secrets out, you know everyone is going to die - its the waiting to see HOW they're gonna die that's the fun part! For the whole film, i didn't hear one person in the audience scream, it was either laughing or clapping at how the writers had killed someone off in the most ludicrously inventive and hilarious ways! (When that boy got squashed by the plate glass window, the audience broke out into spontaeous applause such as I haven't heard since the end of Chicken run!) Although the pile-up at the begining is fairly disturbing, the rest is too OTT to disturb at all! Don't try to follow the plot, just enjoy the gore and excitement.
thmtsang
August 4, 2007
This movie isn't as good as the first one. A girl has a premonition of a highway traffic accident, which stops her driving into it. As a result people who were supposed to die, cheat death. They recall the aeroplane story of the boy with the premonition and look for the final survivor to try to help them. But one by one the group of people die in horrific accidents.
puffchunk
January 24, 2007
Very creative death sequences
½ May 17, 2008
Not a bad sequel...gotta hand it to the creative methods they think of!
Chiefilms