Final Storm (The Storm) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Final Storm (The Storm) Reviews

June 23, 2014
Intense end of the world thriller
June 5, 2014
This movie was... weird. The synapsis I read was:

"Members of a farm family think they are the only survivors of an apocalyptic storm"

After I watched it, I didn't get it. You would think that the movie would have something to do with a storm, but that only took place for the first 10-15 minutes, then they were dealing with this Silas guy, who appeared to be some religious person, so you start to think apocalypse; but then he turned out to be a psycho stalker weirdo. Then it kind of ends like the apocalypse Silas described. I didn't get it.
February 2, 2014
A very awkwardly cast film. from beginning to end I could not let go of the fact that Stve Bacic and Lauren Holly looked more like Son and Mother than Husband and wife. Along with the not so thought out casting the film had a "OK" build up (along with the creepy uber religious stranger) till somewhere in the writing process the writer must have went "F*** it!" and produced the crap "Climactic" ending where the planets fall at you literally.
October 2, 2013
Decent acting (and a semi-nude scene with Lauren Holly!) in a story with interesting family dynamic/outside threat with a past thriller, but it's inexplicably wrapped in what is possibly an apocalyptic, end of the world "mystery" that adds nothing but confusion to the plot. Overall never quite sure what to make of what we're seeing and end up feeling unsettled for all the wrong reasons. Fail.
½ June 20, 2013
turns out, the apocalypse was the least of their problems.
½ January 27, 2013
Strangely disconnected duel plot lines that never converge. The end of the movie leaves you wondering what just happened.
November 26, 2012
Okay Luke Perry is awesome as a bad guy but with that said the rest of this moive sucked. I really wish I had not watched it. there was no purpose to the storyline and to be honest not much of a storyline either. the ending was the worest part because their was really no closure...it just ends and every body dies. This deffinantly would make it onto my worse movies I've ever seen list.
½ November 14, 2011
Hated it, I thought it was crap, I didn't like this movie I thought it would have been better than that, I hated this film, it hated this film, it was directed by Uwe Boll, Bradford May
September 2, 2012
Garbage. An utter waste of time. The plot is completely muddled and unfeasible, there is really no "storm", and no cool special effects or scenery to distract the viewer.
Yeah, I guess the acting is fine. So what? That helps about as much as lipstick on a pig. This movie is sorry: period.
May 13, 2012
Lots of potential but very poorly executed story.
March 4, 2012
This movie is actually pretty good.
½ March 3, 2012
It had good acting but it was just not good. It was like all disaster film.
½ February 19, 2012
A cross between sci-fi (The Mist like) mystery, and an apocalyptic phenomena, Luke Perry plays a great role, as does Lauren Holly. The rest of the cast, especially Steve Bacic, is horrible, i'd rather blame whomever cast them than themselves. If you wanna fill an early Saturday afternoon with an interesting story, then this is for you. Don't expect Steven King, just an interesting story and you'll be satisfied. Just try and look past Steve Bacic's terrible attempt at playing a good man turned drunk and you'll enjoy Luke Perry's role, he was fantastic and great to see him on film again, and in a role you wouldn't expect. And an honorable mention to Lauren Holly's 2 girls (wink wink) , they're an added bonus fellas!
December 19, 2011
Didn't realize it was a Uwe Boll movie. Kinda like THE ROAD, except they don't really go anywhere.
½ December 11, 2011
Terrible, could not even sit through it.....
October 14, 2011
It was nice to see an older woman cast as the romantic interest of younger men for a change.
½ October 1, 2011
Hmeh. Reko bi ─?ovjek - Uve Bol, Luk Peri, apokalipsa - evo ga recept koji ne mere da omane. Me─'utim, apokalipsa nije ba┼í najbolje iskori┼ítena - ovo je zapravo film o Misterioznom Strancu, koji apokalipsu koristi samo kao nekakav pozadinski dekor bez koga se ni┼íta specijalno ne bi promijenilo. Kraj filma je stvarno idiotski, nije do┼ílo do plot tvista do kog je MORALO da do─'e. Naravno, za ovo nije kriv Uve Bol, ve─ scenarista jer je glup.
½ September 26, 2011
What a piece of cinematic trash. I watch a lot of Showtime Beyond, so I have a pretty high tolerance for B-grade sci-fi and horror and can usually find something redeeming about even the lamest films, but I can't say that about Final Storm. Not even Lauren Holly's surgically-enhanced angel cakes makes this worth watching, even if you find it while channel surfing on a rainy afternoon. What starts out as a here-comes-the-end-of-the-world movie awkwardly takes a random turn and becomes here-comes-the-bad-seed-son-back-to-the-scene-of-the-crime-to-claim-another-family film. All those end-of-the-world plot lines? Completely abandoned mid-movie. (SPOILER) And why, if the Luke Perry character murdered his own father in 1971, on God's green earth is he dressed as if he came straight from Dickens's London??? Nothing makes sense in this film.
½ September 26, 2011
What a piece of cinematic trash. I watch a lot of Showtime Beyond, so I have a pretty high tolerance for B-grade sci-fi and horror and can usually find something redeeming about even the lamest films, but I can't say that about Final Storm. Not even Lauren Holly's surgically enhanced angel cakes makes this worth watching, even if you find it while channel surfing on a rainy afternoon. What starts out as a here-comes-the-end-of-the-world movie awkwardly takes a random turn and becomes here-comes-the-bad-seed-son-back-to-the-scene-of-the-crime-to-claim-another-family film. All those end-of-the-world plot lines? Completely abandoned mid-movie. (SPOILER) And why, if the Luke Perry character murdered his own father in 1971, on God's green earth is he dressed as if he came straight from Dickens's London??? Nothing makes sense in this film.
September 18, 2011
I thought the acting was ok, and EITHER of the plots would have been good, if developed into their own movie. But I got confused about 1/4 way in, and was still confused when it ended...Was this an apocolyptic disaster movie (which I THOUGHT I was turning on...)? Or was this a psycho-killer thriller movie (which has it's place)?? My husband's opinion was that there wasn't REALLY enough plot for either one, so they shoved them awkwardly together, and didn't really end up developing or explaining either one. It's a pity. Could've been really great. I thought Luke Perry was pretty good, but Lauren Holly has certainly been better (see NCIS.) Not a TOTAL disappointment, but a confusing 2hrs....