Check Out the First Nine Minutes of "Serenity"!

Summary

Still on the fence about whether or not you should see "Serenity"? Afraid that you'll be "lost" if you haven't seen all 14 episodes of "Firefly"? Well here's a great chance to check out the rather excellent opening sequences of the movie, after which you can head down to the multiplex and enjoy the remaining 110 minutes. Click right here to enjoy the first nine minutes of "Serenity." Back to Article

Comments

MC.

mc mc

Those 9 minutes looked good. I'll see it.

Oct 7 - 08:14 AM

PhreazerBurn

Drew NoneAhYoBidness

[b]EVERYONE drop what you are doing and see this movi[/b]
Support great movies like this and History of Violence. Don't let retarded studio execs think we would rather see more crap like Are We There Yet?, Dukes of Hazzard, and Son of the Mask. And don't let morons outvote you by attending crap like the above more than you see the quality stuff out there!!

Oct 7 - 01:17 PM

VML

Victoria Leduc

INDEED!!!!! I AGREE!!!!!!

Oct 7 - 03:39 PM

VML

Victoria Leduc

INDEED!!!!! I AGREE!!!!!!

Oct 7 - 03:39 PM

South_park300

First Last

wow, i wasnt sure what to make from the previews on television(eventhough i DO know it got good reviews) but seeing is believing. i think i shall see this flick now!

Oct 7 - 08:14 PM

insanemansam5

Samuel Ewing

I was sort of wondering why RT posted the first nine-minutes of serenity a week after the film was released in theaters; but then I read the comments and decided hey if two people go see this movie as a result it was well worth it; good job RT

Oct 7 - 08:29 PM

bacoby13

First Last

Seen Serenity three times already (yeah, kinda sad), and these 9 minutes still entertained me. Take a chance on a great thing, people. I guarantee a great time.

Oct 8 - 01:43 AM

Now it's dark

Kirby K

I seen it twice, and aim to see it again. "Twixt my nethers." LOL.

Oct 8 - 08:02 AM

Fappy

First Last

this looks fricken stupid! it plays like a tele-movie made by a film student. the acting reflects this

Oct 8 - 10:29 AM

jarek

First Last

[b]yeah[/b]
fappy, you are somewhat a moron.......

Oct 8 - 10:40 PM

sensoukami

First Last

I'd never heard of the TV show, but no problem following the movie at all.

VERY entertaining. Surprisingly so actually. I've seen it twice, and might see it again someday. Some laughs, some hotties, some good effects, a good story that actually hung together (can you say the same for Star Wars??), some good performances (the Nigerian actor who plays the Alliance bad guy is a great actor)...

Oct 9 - 12:11 PM

agent_smith_too

Nikolai Svakhine

Outstanding movie!
It's too bad mediocre stuff like "Two for the money" and "In her shoes" outdid it in October 8th weekend.

And it's sad that our audiences, given the amount of marketing/star-power, are so darn predictable.

Oct 10 - 08:12 AM

echo3skywalker

Thomas Anderson

[b]YAY![/b]
Hoo-rah! A waste of nine minutes. I am not biased, know nothing of the television show, and I do like sci-fi movies. However, I'm happy to say that I didn't bother going to see this in the theater. Even happier that I know not to buy it on DVD. This movie looks silly in the trailers, and has little appeal to me through the first nine minutes.

Oct 10 - 03:49 PM

cabezone

First Last

Errrr.... it's supposed to be a bit silly. I take it you are not big on humor being mixed with action?

Oct 10 - 06:36 PM

echo3skywalker

Thomas Anderson

It's not silly in a good way. It's silly in a nonsensical and disjointed way. I love humor with action, so that's not the problem. I JUST DON'T LIKE IT, OK? Not everyone has to like this movie. The whole slicing, dicing thing isn't entertaining in this context, and I suppose that the television show has influenced most peoples' reactions. I would enjoy a Futurama movie, but then I've been a fan of the show. If the movie just kinda exploded out of some studio and onto the movie scene and I had no prior introduction, I would probably also consider it silly, because it would surmise in some way the viewer understands something of the show, though had to be privy to this knowledge.

Oct 11 - 07:23 AM

bryancohen

Bryan Cohen

[b]Go See Serenity to Prove Me Wrong[/b]
I just registered for this board so as to respond to this comment.

Futurama is not really action, it's more goofy situational comedy. I love Groening's stuff as much as the next old-school Simpons fan, but it's really not the same can of worms here.

If you don't like Whedon-stuff, that's understandable, a lot of people don't appreciate it, it's unforunate, but true. To me, it sounds like you haven't even really checked it out, thus, I will wax.

Joss Whedon has done a lot for the action genre, basically by encorporating genres together with action to make the production more interesting to watch. Buffy had a great cast of characters and a lot of drama going on with some hilarious one liners mixed into what was essentially a situational action show. Firefly/Serenity is even more ambitious than Buffy in its genre juxtaposition.

Firefly/Serenity combines the great cast of characters, the one-liners, the situational action, along with mixing together the feel of the rebellion from Star Wars with the darkness of the real "Wild West" from the 1800s. This is no hokey John Ford Western. This also is not George Lucas' "glorious" space war. This is a dark and desperate place where people who have lost a war need to cope. What if Han Solo and Luke lost to the Empire?! Would they have banded together like the cast of Serenity, just trying to survive? This is a hypothetical we get an opportunity to witness by watching this movie.

Whedon is also the best thing to happen to dialogue in the 1990s. Look how few action movies are well written and then try to argue with me.

You can not agree with me, but until you have watched some Buffy, Angel or Firefly/Serenity, you don't have any proof.

Oct 11 - 09:01 PM

cabezone

First Last

Oct 10 - 06:36 PM

echo3skywalker

Thomas Anderson

Oct 11 - 07:23 AM

bryancohen

Bryan Cohen

[b]Go See Serenity to Prove Me Wrong[/b]
I just registered for this board so as to respond to this comment.

Oct 11 - 09:01 PM

echo3skywalker

Thomas Anderson

Oct 11 - 07:23 AM

bryancohen

Bryan Cohen

[b]Go See Serenity to Prove Me Wrong[/b]
I just registered for this board so as to respond to this comment.

Oct 11 - 09:01 PM

bryancohen

Bryan Cohen

[b]Go See Serenity to Prove Me Wrong[/b]
I just registered for this board so as to respond to this comment.

Oct 11 - 09:01 PM

ProducerPaul

Paul Barrett

I'll jump in on this one (dons fire-proof suit, holds nose) Echo3skywalker's opinion is just that, an opinion. It doesn't need proof. While I happen not to agree with it, I certainly think he has the right to have it. He simply stated that the first nine minutes didn't do it for him, and I doubt any amount of philosiphising (sp?) and preaching is going to change his mind. Maybe he'll catch it on HBO sometime and be pleasantly surprised, but don't jump down his throat just because he expressed his honest thoughts. At least he was polite about, unlike Fappy, who just threw out irrational invective. Remember, we don't all have to agree, but we should be respectful of those who disagree. And just for the record, I had never seen Firefly and really enjoyed Serenity. But then again, the humor is right up my alley.

Oct 12 - 06:11 AM

bryancohen

Bryan Cohen

[b]You are right[/b]
Touche. Much correctness on the fact/opinion thing. I just was annoyed with the opinion based on silly things deal, which was my "opinion." :)

I hadn't seen Firefly either, the movie has forced me to purchase the DVDs.

My kingdom for a sequel.

Oct 12 - 09:28 AM

ProducerPaul

Paul Barrett

Yes, I'm also contemplating purchasing the DVDs, but must first convince my other half they would like it so I'm not wasting money for something I'd never get to watch.

Oct 12 - 12:53 PM

Legen-dary

Neil Butler

Ashron, all of us are perfectly OK when people's opinions don't match ours. The only reason that we got on to echo3skywalker was because he was being an a** about his opinion. That's all.

Oct 14 - 09:44 AM

ProducerPaul

Paul Barrett

[b]Guess I missed it[/b]
Sorry, I didn't see that he was being any more vehement or rude than many others. Oh, well, let's all pretend it never happened and continue being friends :-)

Oct 14 - 01:12 PM

bryancohen

Bryan Cohen

[b]You are right[/b]

I hadn't seen Firefly either, the movie has forced me to purchase the DVDs.

My kingdom for a sequel.

Oct 12 - 09:28 AM

ProducerPaul

Paul Barrett

Oct 12 - 12:53 PM

ProducerPaul

Paul Barrett

Oct 12 - 12:53 PM

masta_chill

Matt Romo

Looks like crap. I refuse to watch it.

Oct 12 - 03:43 PM

Infernal

Danny Sybrenson

[b]I admire this movie.[/b]
I admire this movie, and History of Violence, Phreaz. :D

Yes, finally a small good run of good movies. Winter movie season, summer 2006 season will be larger and more loaded. But of all the idiotic movies this year, History of Violence, Serenity, took me by surprise.

I have no idea why, but I enjoyed Dukes of Hazzard, Phreaz. Agree and disagree. :D I think Seann William Scott is incredibly hilarious.

Oct 13 - 10:51 PM

Cosplay Gallery
Cosplay Gallery

See over 250 Comic-Con Costumes!

<em>Let's Be Cops</em>
Let's Be Cops

Video: Riggle, Key, and Wayans Jr.

Box Office