The First $20 Million Is Always the Hardest Reviews

½ March 9, 2009
Andy kaspar has it all, the high paying job, the Porsche, the hot girlfriend, but he's not happy. He wants to build something, to feel useful. So, he gives it all up. He takes a job with La Honda, the famous institute where dreams are invented one microchip at a time. There's only one problem, Francis Benoit. Francis will stop at nothing to see Andy and his team fail.
The First $20 Million Is Always The Hardest is a story about being the underdogs, following your dreams, and fighting for it. I loved this movie. It was smart and very funny.
The cast of this movie was outstanding. I adore Ethan Suplee, so I was super excited to see him in this. He is a real comedian and fun to watch. Rosario Dawson is beautiful and a good actress, so she was an excellent choice to play Alisa in this. I have to say that I am a fan of Jake Busey. I think he is an underrated comic genius. He had me in stitches in this. There are a lot of familiar faces in this film.
The story had one area where it seemed kind of on the slow side, but all in all, I'd have to say that The First $20 Million is definitely a good movie to watch. Where can I get one of those?
½ July 9, 2007
If only the film's budget had approached that of its title, it may have been more watchable. Not that it's not without its indie charms, but it just feels a little sloppy and haphazardly edited.
½ November 21, 2011
Even though it is a known fact that this movie was a box office flop, it was surprisingly an enjoyable and inspiring watch.Sadly, it is only a one time great watch.But hey.....who said movies are to be watched over and over again.Once again, majority was a fool.
½ October 26, 2004
[FONT=Tahoma]This movie had an ok start and ok characters, but...blah. I just didn't like it. It seemed like a good concept, but the end product was just stupid. Adam Garcia looked like he came straight out of the 70's, and I'm not talking about his clothes. I just looked at his imdb profile and he's over 30 years old, so I guess he is out of the 70's. Jake Busey was ok (minus the grating he always does on my nerves) as the germ freak.

It just wasn't that good. :rotten: [/FONT]