61% The Maze Runner Sep 19

...First Do No Harm Reviews

jjnxn
jjnxn

January 30, 2012
Meryl is impassioned in this story dealing with an important and little known issue.
Lady D

August 28, 2007
A subject close to my heart which made for emotional viewing. A Mother?s love and determination to do absolutely anything it takes to make her son well.

Meryl Streep as always gives her role everything she has and the rest of the main cast played good roles too.

I can?t see any Mother?s out there not liking or relating their feelings to this film, a great watch.
Kyochanishi
April 15, 2010
It's amazing the things that happen in life. How things can seem so good and turn in such a short time. I thought the feelings portrayed in this movie where great. It showed how everyone in a family would feel in this situation and the determination of parents to protect their children. It's true to that a lot of doctors will just hand you one thing after another until something works, the sad part is that that is all they can do. They may be studied but no amount of studying will make you know everything. It is also true that diet can be under rated. Everything we use is made from nature, why not try it in it's simple form? And why not try everything you can? It is a difficult decision, one that can result in death no matter what road you take so I do feel the mom was a little harsh on the options she was given, but at the same time, if your child was suffering and on the edge of death, I'm sure you would bite every head off too. I know I would. Great movie, very educational, and inspiring.
Ida K

January 5, 2008
The acting wasn't all that great. I also find it hard to believe that this kid had side-effects to every single solitary anti-convulsant drug out there. I have a feeling they were over-dramatized for this movie.

However, the movie is a must see for medical personnel and families of epileptics! It is based on a true story of how the ketogenic diet (which is a very strict high fat/low carb diet) can help control seizures. The ending was very uplifting.
iloveoz
September 22, 2007
Excellent fact based movie. Meryl Streep was supberb.
It's a remider that everything really does happen for a reason. Always go with your gut.
June 15, 2014
It's about the diet that saved my life saving other people's life.
June 13, 2013
Menino com epilepsia, cuja mãe luta por um tratamento alternativo (dieta cetogenica), apresetando dificuldade para liberacao médica.
January 3, 2012
It's a 1h 34min advertisement for a specific product.
December 8, 2010
This movie was very moving, and heart warming. One of many phenominal performances by Seth Adkins. Viewers and Future viewers alike will enjoy, and belive this Stunning Performance from Meryle Streep, and Seth Adkins.
Darth Krueger
August 24, 2010
As my sister has severe epilepsy and I grew up watching her experience grand mal epileptic seizures, this film has particular poignance to me. Meryl Streep is perfect (as usual), her responses to her son's fits exactly what my own mother did. Luckily my sister's epilepsy appears to be controlled with drugs but we also knew nothing of the ketogenic diet. The film really teaches you alot about the terrible disease, and also puts you in the position to experience living with it for yourself, though fits are toned down (from my experience anyway) and knowing it is not real is a relief. There are few things more shocking than watching someone have an epileptic seizure.
George H.
June 11, 2009
My wife and I just finished watching this movie on a used rental tape she had bought. We found it well made, entertaining and moving, and I?m left with the question as to why it wasn?t more successful commercially, and why only one review on Rotten Tomatoes. I guess the answer is that it offended both the medical establishment, and the drug companies. And that?s another reason to watch it!

George Heaton.