First Sunday - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

First Sunday Reviews

Screeny
½ August 8, 2008
OMG! Movies need more meaning. WHO MAKES A MOVIE ABOUT STEALING FROM A CHURCH.
kpn666
½ July 7, 2008
A black morality tale... a nice twist from Cube's previous film outings. The comedy is still there, but throw in religion, guilt and the ghetto and you in for a good night.

If you like these kinds flicks.

Watch and praise the Lord that you arent as stupid as the two crims in this one!!

XD!!
Chiefilms
½ June 21, 2008
Didn't really hit the target being a comedy, Katt Williams could have had more lines with his funny character.
January 24, 2008
This was a really funny movie, that was made awesome by Tracy Morgan and Katt Williams and Rickey Smiley. They made the 1st part of the film so very funny..although the ending was WAY too emotional.
magnum32004
½ January 22, 2008
Funny at the first act, but, by the second & third act, it gets too preachy & too predictable.
February 3, 2008
lol funny kind of movie. Katt Williams steals the show. This movie can make anyone laugh.
½ January 15, 2008
Not too bad a movie...Kat Williams is incredible in this one...Ice Cube as a director is a funny force to be reconed with....he is going to be around for a loooong time...in front and behind the camera.
September 26, 2009
I always wondered what a really unfunny comdey would be like, and I found out. A lame excuse of a Melo-Dramatic "Tyler Perry" Rip-off.

Katt Williams was pretty good, but this movie wasn't as hilarious as I thought it'd be, and it left me wondering one big thing.
"Has Ice Cube finally given up the Childish Comedies, for real Cinema again, Like in "Higher Learning", and "?Boyz In The Hood"?
½ January 11, 2008
Stockholm slapstick grows increasingly preachy and predictable.
ManifestPanda
½ September 3, 2011
plop. sorry katt, this didn't work.
½ January 13, 2008
Your typical Ice Cube comedy where he's the good "bad guy" trying to do the right thing. Good for a few laughs.
January 12, 2008
Yeah, I saw this. It wasn't bad, though when it tried to be too dramatic it was unintentionally laughable. I still laughed a surprising amount though, I guess I can't hate Katt Williams anymore.
January 22, 2014
I liked this movie I felt it was real to life. Yes people do steal from churches and the members are usually the thieves. I love this movie enjoyed watching it.
½ September 23, 2013
Funny moments are overshadowed by pseudo profound messages, heavy handed sentimentally and idiotic self righteous characters.
January 17, 2012
Katt williams saves this film from being a complete disaster. This movie is almost completely devoid of laughs and has a plot that seems as if it was written for a made for tv movie.
½ September 26, 2012
Ok if Mr katt Williams was not in here this would have been horrible!Tracy Morgan did his silly and soft side and it was cool!
September 19, 2012
Not really the type of movie that I would go see. I had to screen this one for work. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, there were a few funny moments... most of which came from Katt Williams.
August 31, 2012
Katt williams was dreadfull, the whole movie was bad from start to finish. Never mind waiting for the DVD, I would wait until the movie airs on TV on a wet sunday afternoon!
½ August 20, 2012
Katt Wiiliams saved this movie!!! I mean it was ok with Cube and Tracey, but Katt definitely was the star!!