• PG-13, 1 hr. 38 min.

First Sunday Reviews

Screeny
Screeny

August 8, 2008
OMG! Movies need more meaning. WHO MAKES A MOVIE ABOUT STEALING FROM A CHURCH.
kpn666
kpn666

July 7, 2008
A black morality tale... a nice twist from Cube's previous film outings. The comedy is still there, but throw in religion, guilt and the ghetto and you in for a good night.

If you like these kinds flicks.

Watch and praise the Lord that you arent as stupid as the two crims in this one!!

XD!!
Chiefilms
Chiefilms

June 21, 2008
Didn't really hit the target being a comedy, Katt Williams could have had more lines with his funny character.
Keysha H

January 24, 2008
This was a really funny movie, that was made awesome by Tracy Morgan and Katt Williams and Rickey Smiley. They made the 1st part of the film so very funny..although the ending was WAY too emotional.
magnum32004
magnum32004

January 22, 2008
Funny at the first act, but, by the second & third act, it gets too preachy & too predictable.
Fascade F

January 15, 2008
Not too bad a movie...Kat Williams is incredible in this one...Ice Cube as a director is a funny force to be reconed with....he is going to be around for a loooong time...in front and behind the camera.
Joseph E

September 26, 2009
I always wondered what a really unfunny comdey would be like, and I found out. A lame excuse of a Melo-Dramatic "Tyler Perry" Rip-off.

Katt Williams was pretty good, but this movie wasn't as hilarious as I thought it'd be, and it left me wondering one big thing.
"Has Ice Cube finally given up the Childish Comedies, for real Cinema again, Like in "Higher Learning", and "?Boyz In The Hood"?
William G

January 11, 2008
Stockholm slapstick grows increasingly preachy and predictable.
ManifestPanda
ManifestPanda

September 3, 2011
plop. sorry katt, this didn't work.
Matt S

January 13, 2008
Your typical Ice Cube comedy where he's the good "bad guy" trying to do the right thing. Good for a few laughs.
Nate H

January 12, 2008
Yeah, I saw this. It wasn't bad, though when it tried to be too dramatic it was unintentionally laughable. I still laughed a surprising amount though, I guess I can't hate Katt Williams anymore.
May 15, 2011
The script drags on forever, the acting is (generally) unconvincing, the jokes are crappy. The best part was probably Loretta Devine, but she can always act pretty well. I would just skip this movie unless you are a fan of Ice Cube or Katt Williams. If you aren't... it's a really bad movie.
jibberish45
October 4, 2010
This movie is unfunny, bland, offensive, and the worst crime for a comedy: boring. A comedy should never be boring. The entire film seems like a rejected Tyler Perry script, and Tyler Perry does not write good scripts. As said before, the jokes are terrible, and are a waste of Katt Williams and Tracy Morgan's (not too big) comedic talents. In all, this is a terrible awful movie, and should be watched by no one. Absolutely no one.
NuditysShiver
September 2, 2009
I wouldn't call this film terrible or good, it's stuck somewhere in the middle with it's obnoxious storyline. First Sunday is an off-beat, urban comedy that tried to relay a message, but failed in it's sincerity. Comedic actors Katt Williams and Tracy Morgan provided a healthy foray of witty dialogue, but it wasn't enough to bring First Sunday out of it's slump. Ice Cube has resorted to playing low-profile roles to try and build his credibilty, but it's obviously starting to suffer. Films such as these are not helping much.
January 5, 2009
A pretty terrible movie that is worth a laugh periodically. It should be considered a crime considering the cast, but its a feel good one, at least.
djradabaughmetaldrummer
October 25, 2009
This was a pretty funny movie.. of course Ice Cube and Tracy Morgan is funny in it.. but the 3rd would have to go katt williams. Hell yeah! Give this great movies a gander.. excellent story.
February 6, 2008
Decent, got way better in the second half. I like Tracy Morgan on SNL, but 2 hours of his voice and acting was a bit much to take in. I'm just glad it didn't end with Cube "getting the girl" that would have just been over the top...*chuckle*
ghettoqueen747
January 11, 2009
Worst Ice Cube movie so far! the jokes were lame, the concept was lame and Tracey Morgan's face was as ugly as ever!