• PG, 1 hr. 43 min.

The First Wives Club Reviews

thmtsang
thmtsang

July 14, 2007
Funny comedy about how first wives get their own back on their husbands. When their friend dies they want to support other women.
BEACHBUNNI
BEACHBUNNI

March 26, 2009
loved this chick flick! is revenge sweet? hell yeah these chicks kick ass!!!!
Anthony L

October 2, 2009
It feels really dated now, it probably did then too, it?s was easily made 7 years too late! Still, Goldie Hawn is sexy and...well, that's about it. Its predictable and schmaltzy, very Jewish but, like I said, a bit late. Keaton looks uncomfortable in the role, Midler has been in worse I suppose and Jennifer Annison owes a lot to Hawn big time! It had a few funny moments but overall its forgettable (and ends in a song, *ugh*)
Cherry D

August 16, 2007
"Ladies, you have to be strong and independent, and remember, don't get mad, get everything."
mwilliams078
mwilliams078

January 27, 2008
I absolutely love this movie....I love all three ladies in this movie; Goldie Hawn, Diane Keaton, and Bette Midler...they are all hilarious in this movie. This film shows when these three women get together and there men leave them that they can be strong and get even.....wish all of these ladies would star in another movie.
jjnxn
jjnxn

April 4, 2007
okay, but I must have missed something
Jason S

February 26, 2007
Funny. The cast worked well together and made the movie work.
Michael G

November 27, 2006
i remember liking it at the time but that was a long time ago.
Leigh R

November 7, 2006
Hilarious.
Dannielle A

January 24, 2012
A powerfully girl powered chick flick that is full of laughs and feel-good moments. Feminists will love this one because it's all about three women who plot revenge on their two-timing husbands. The three characters are very well developed and I felt like they could almost be real people going through real problems. I felt their pain and cheered for them all the way!
Steven V

December 18, 2009
The First Wives Club should have been a much better movie than it is. All of the elements are there to make its comedy not only dark, but biting, cruel, politically incorrect and not tack on the saccharine, cloying mess that pretends to be an ending. Bette Midler and Goldie Hawn do better with what little material they've been given while still being little more than caricatures. Goldie Hawn at least does poke fun at Hollywood's treatment of actresses which may also be at her own "persona" which has refused to age, but other than that, there's not much bite in her resolve to do her husband in. Then we have the supporting characters, none which fare any better. None of the younger women are written as little more as props, though at least Sarah Jessica Parker has a couple of lines that hint of a different version of Carrie Bradshaw. Stockard Channing's death scene is so badly filmed it might as well been an afterthought from another movie that somehow found its way here. It just proves that a bad screenplay filled with unsympathetic characters will kill the central idea in a story, but also, that an equally bad direction with odd takes and bad editing will further the damage.
Alec B

June 2, 2013
It makes no sense and its not that funny . . . except for Goldie Hawn (who again is the high point of a terrible comedy), but all they really have her do is act drunk.
xxdebxx
xxdebxx

April 14, 2011
Three former college chums, Goldie Hawn, Diane Keaton and Bette Midler now middle-aged wives, have been brought together by the death of one of their group, who committed suicide when her husband ditched her. As the plot develops it turns that each of their husbands is ditching them for a younger girl/woman. They form the "First Wives Club" to plot exquisite revenge against their philandering husbands. Look out for cameo guest appearances by Ivana Trump and Heather Locklear.

I think some women will relate to this because it is all about revenge on the males and a terrific movie to watch if you have just been dumped, broken up with someone, and would love to get back at your scum partners.
Yinalí R

August 2, 2007
Super funny!! I absolutely love it!
Sunil J

April 14, 2008
This is a bit of a guilty pleasure for me. I've seen it a few dozen times since it came out on vhs and more since it was added to the instant netflix. it's just a lot of silly fun.
Marion R

May 5, 2007
I thought it was cool
mingsysar
mingsysar

August 14, 2006
If you want to see actors like Goldie Hawn, Bette Midler and Diane Keaton having fun alongside Sarah Jessica Parker and Maggie Smith, then this is the film for you. If you want anything more though... Watch out for the magnificent Victor Garber.
Erin C

June 19, 2008
So many stars! SJP was so pretty when she was younger. The movie was ok...lots of overacting though. Diane Keaton drives me crazy! She is SO annoying.
iLeo
iLeo

February 3, 2007
Hilarious!
June 16, 2013
It had some good moments, and of course all three of these womens' charm makes up for the rest. It surprises me how good Midler was in her day. You just loved her for her directness and identified with her struggles. It's all about women taking back the power in this one.