Five Time Champion - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Five Time Champion Reviews

½ November 16, 2011
The title is misleading. This has nothing really to do with sports. This is a beautifully realized weaving of the stories of a boy, his mother and estranged father, and his grandparents. Director Berndt Mader has created a very sweet and real slice of small town life that is the best film of the 2011 SXSW Film Festival. Hopefully this will get the national recognition and distribution it deserves.
March 14, 2012
I'm looking forward to seeing the very entertaining and upcoming actress Noell Coet
½ March 9, 2012
I saw "Five Time Champion" at its SXSW Austin debut. It was incredible! By incredible I mean that it was thoroughly entertaining and enjoyable to watch. It was "laugh at loud" funny yet dramatic in just the right places. "Five Time Champion" is a "coming of age" masterpiece. The entire acting ensemble is to be commended. There were no poor performances in this movie which helps to explain why this film has attained critical acclaim. Ryan Akin in the lead roles was perfect for the part. His performance was flawless. Likewise, Noell Coet who played his girlfriend, Shiley in the movie, proved that she is ready for stardom. Her splendid perforamnce will make any viewer fall in love with her. This is a must see movie.
January 29, 2012