Flashpoint

84% Welcome to Sweden: Season 1

Flashpoint Reviews

dbocek2011
November 1, 2013
I always like to plug obscure films that are also good. Especially films about the JFK Assassination. This film shows how the Federal government could try to cover up who was behind the JFK Assassination. The film was well acted. But I did not like how the film fails to really come up with a concrete theory on who was behind the assassination & why JFK was killed. The film does loosely suggest that the Dallas Police & the Federal government was behind the killing. But fail to explain why. My interpretation would suggest that the film also implies that JFK was killed at least partly because he wanted to get rid of the Federal Reserve System & supported the silver backing of currency.

This could have been a great movie; if it would have had a theory to analyze. I personally believe that LBJ along with the Military-Industrial Complex & the Business establishment had him killed, because he wanted to get out of Vietnam, JFK wanted to cut the oil depletion allowance, and wanted to dump the Federal Reserve. He was a large threat to the Texas Oligarchy that essentially runs the country. JFK was killed more due to economics than anything else. I am well read on the subject for more than 20 years. The Texas Oil Barons were also huge lobbyists for the Vietnam War.

I do think that this film was better than Ruby (1992). I do not think it was as good as JFK or Executive Action or The Trial of Lee Harvey Oswald (1976). I think that Executive Action was the best in this genre. Flashpoint has a lot to say about our government & about life. It's cynical but also very entertaining. It was actually better, than I thought it would be. The film was also way ahead of its time in predicting the surveillance state of the Federal government. Really good performances from Torn & Kristofferson. Don't miss this one.
webweasel2
January 23, 2007
Probably my all-time favorite movie - hands down! Never heard a song by Kristofferson I liked, never saw a movie with him I didn't like. This movie is just all-around fantastic!
May 26, 2014
I somewhat know why HBO does not want people to know about this film but it is a good movie. Kris Kristofferson kills Kirkwood Smith over the gun that shot JFK. Come on people it is something that needs to be watched.
May 26, 2014
This is a pretty good movie! I thought it would be a cheesy action flick but I was wrong. Great story and a great cast. This is worth checking out.
June 6, 2013
Very good crime yarn about 2 border patrols who undercover a wack load of cash and a dead body from the 1960's. Another instance of how much knowledge the american government covers up and controls and what we need to know and how much they want us to know.
April 21, 2013
Great thriller. Solid story. you will not forget this movie after you see it. I saw it when I was 16. I still remember it.
judebd
January 8, 2013
I saw this movie probably, in 1986 and it had a serious imprint in my mind. Ever since, wanted to watch it again but until today it was not materialize. Things change in between 27 years of span and hope I could write something good on my 2nd spell.