In Theaters:
    Nov 2, 2012 Wide
    On DVD:
    Feb 5, 2013
  • Paramount Pictures

This movie is bait'n'switch

first 3 minutes: Cocaine and titties

next 15 minutes: AWESOME action sequence about a plane crash

remaining 2 hours: BOOOOOOORING movie about a struggling alcoholic - talk, talk, and more talk.
pat
01-15-2013 08:13 PM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Susana M.

S M

OK, so I can't say I can relate to Denzel's character, seeing as I have no idea what alcoholism is like, but I'd bet that the struggle that this movie portrayed is fairly accurate. Like I've said before, not every movie has to be an action-packed thriller.

Apr 1 - 08:21 PM

David Mensing

David Mensing

It wasn't what I expected either. That doesn't make it a bad movie-in fact it was better than what I pictured from the trailers.

Feb 10 - 12:24 PM

Esselyn Kubrick

Esselyn Kubrick

I didn't find it boring. I found it disingenuous. Had Captain Whitaker been a U.S. infantryman in Afghanistan, and carried ten men to safety in a hellacious firefight - would the Army/Fed sentence him to penitentiary rather than face and treat his drug and alcohol addiction?? Seriously, Zemeckis and writer sound like bible thumping necks from "hate queers, kikes and nigger country."

Feb 8 - 09:49 AM

James Ireland

James Ireland

What did you expect? That after a drunken pilot crashed a plane full of people that he would seek revenge against the people that didn't do the maintenance, beating up and killing lots of people on the way while blowing up lost of shit, smashing lots of cars, drinking and snorting while banging assorted big-boobed bimbos before finally delivering justice to the negligent mechanics and corporate devil? If that's what you were expecting I can understand your disappointment and in the future recommend you stick to movies with Jason Statham, Sly Stallone or Arnold.

Feb 7 - 09:17 AM

Susana M.

S M

LOL!! This is awesome! I couldn't have put it better myself! :D

Apr 1 - 08:23 PM

Ryan Hamilton

Ryan Hamilton

Yes I agree. It's horrible when movies are surprising, because I expect the movie just to be a 2hr version of the trailer with absolutely no additional merit. God forbid there's actually a story to tell or characters to care about. I only want to see tits and explosions after all.

Complaints like this are why we get three vapid Texas Chainsaw Massacre movies in a decade.

Jan 25 - 06:45 AM

Jacki East

Jacki East

I wasnt surprising at all. LOL That's the problem. There were NO surprises, except I'm surprised it got such a high ranking. And it had tits & explosions. It was basically a yak-fest about the evils of addiction. If that's your thing I'm happy for you. No need to insult others who aren't interested and feel they were more or less tricked into watching it.

Feb 18 - 10:33 AM

Susana M.

S M

the trailer wasn't that far off from the movie. you can't go into a movie expecting it to be an extended version of the trailer. So nobody got tricked into watching anything

Apr 1 - 08:24 PM

Susana M.

S M

Amen

Apr 1 - 08:23 PM

winston c.

winston churchill

Funny. I was gonna post something just like this. You even used a lot of O's. I was going to sum up the plot in one stretch:

Titties. Drugs. Booze. Drugs. AIRPLANE CRASH! No booze. Boooooooooooooooooooze. Drugs. No Booze.

Really the film is just AA propaganda with an action sequence tossed in for draw.

Jan 17 - 04:00 PM

Susana M.

S M

And that's a terrible thing because...?

Apr 1 - 08:25 PM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile