RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: Flight and Some Excellent Documentaries

Summary

This week on home video, we've got Denzel Washington in an Oscar-nominated performance, Kevin James in the octagon, Tyler Perry squaring off against a serial killer, and a likable indie rom-com. Then we've got a quiet drama with some star pedigree and three documentaries with Tomatometer scores of 94% and up. Click through for the full list! Back to Article

Comments

Matthew R.

Matthew Reimer

Side by Side sound interesting, featuring a large amount of famous directors. Maybe I'll rent it if I see it.

Feb 4 - 06:55 PM

Janson Jinnistan

Janson Jinnistan

Wow, some really great undercover stuff this week, starting with the original "Narayama" (I've only seen the Imamura 1983 remake), so that's something I need to see. Also, is "Peter Pan" a blu-ray? Along with "Alice in Wonderland", it's my favorite of the second-wave of Disney films. And, as far as Czech animators go, Jiri Barta may not quite be on Svankmajer's level, his work is interesting (especially his "Pied Piper"). I'm surprised the Paul Williams isn't out yet, as it's been playing on Showtime pretty regularly. It's great stuff. And I'll eventually want to see Rashida Jones' writing debut, along with "Side By Side" and maybe "Late Quartet", but I'll also have to see "Flight" again to further appreciate its nuanced character drama.

Feb 4 - 07:27 PM

Gordon Franklin Terry Sr

Gordon Terry

LORD OF THE RINGS: THE TWO TOWERS, HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE both in 35mm Saturday at Cornell Cinemas. JAWS, ABBOT AND COSTELLO MEET FRANKENSTEIN, and THE BIRDS each in 35mm are playing at Cornell Cinemas on 23 February! Make plans to come see them

Feb 5 - 04:54 AM

Janson Jinnistan

Janson Jinnistan

Let me just gas up my private jet...

Feb 5 - 02:36 PM

Gary Devenport

Gary Devenport

If you have even a mild passion for film, Side by Side is an essential. It's a shame it didn't get much awards attention in the documentary categories.

Feb 4 - 08:26 PM

Typhon

Typhon Q

Side by Side- a movie on movies. Ought to be interesting. Other than that, nothing that looks exceptionally entertaining this week.

Feb 4 - 08:38 PM

Jon Cox

Jon Cox

nothing for me to buy this week :(
but next week: Gossip Girl Season 6 and Skyfall!!! :)

Feb 4 - 09:19 PM

Matthew R.

Matthew Reimer

And Argo the week after :)

Feb 5 - 02:35 PM

Dick Travis

Mick Travis

I'm totally down for SIDE BY SIDE, PAUL WILLIAMS STAY ALIVE, DIANA VREELAND as I've been on a real documentary high lately. As far as the features, FLIGHT is not one of the best films of 2012, however I do think it's extraordinarily intense, particularly for Robert Zemeckis, as he has rarely ventured into R-rated territory. Zemickis' only other R-rated film is USED CARS (1980), the fabulous cult comedy starring a fresh Kurt Russell! In fact, I would recommend getting USED CARS and FLIGHT together, as the former would serve as a perfect laugh-filled, late night treat in sobering up from FLIGHT, which is worth watching for Denzel Washington's performance alone. I agree with the Oscar nomination for Denzel, though not for John Gatins' script.

Feb 4 - 09:24 PM

Feb 5 - 04:51 AM

Gordon Franklin Terry Sr

Gordon Terry

Feb 5 - 04:54 AM

Janson Jinnistan

Janson Jinnistan

Let me just gas up my private jet...

Feb 5 - 02:36 PM

Gene Bodyl

Gene Bodyl

This week, I'm gonna get Flight and possibly Here Comes the Boom. Everything is raving about Denzel and he is my favorite actor so this is a must buy for me. Here Comes the Boom actually looked decent and Kevin James in always likable even if his movies suck. Celeste and Jesse Forever may be worth a rent and the others are just not that appealing.....

Feb 5 - 06:51 AM

Fred Poisson

Fred Poisson

Does anyone know when cloud atlas comes to blu ray

Feb 5 - 02:30 PM

Matthew R.

Matthew Reimer

And Argo the week after :)

Feb 5 - 02:35 PM

Janson Jinnistan

Janson Jinnistan

Let me just gas up my private jet...

Feb 5 - 02:36 PM

Nine Movies That Bring the Funk

Weekly Binge
Weekly Binge

Watch Arrested Development

Cosplay Gallery
Cosplay Gallery

See over 350 Comic-Con Costumes!

Photo gallery of great movie spaceships