• PG, 1 hr. 30 min.

The Flintstones in Viva Rock Vegas Reviews

michael e.
michael e.

January 3, 2011
it was just an average movie with a few chuckle moments
TomBowler
TomBowler

September 7, 2009
This is one of the worst movies I have seen. The only good choice in my books is Mark Addy playing the character he was obviously genetically engineered for (still, no John Goodman). This film is absolutely terrible, a film which you would want to avoid like the plague. The plague carried in little bowls by Satan's henchmen. Who are also holding chainsaws. Giant chainsaws. You get the picture. Terrible movie.

Defining Scene:
I refuse.
Anthony L

September 30, 2009
Some of the effects I quite liked esp. baby Dino but everything else, as you would expect, sucked. Stephen Baldwin?s hair and Jane Krakowski's laugh kill this movie alone!
Jason O

September 11, 2009
"The Flintstones in Viva Rock Vegas" isn't what you would expect it to be. Instead of being a sequel to the "The Flintstones," it's a prequel. It shows how Fred, Wilma, Barney, and Betty came to meet in the first place. Oh yeah, don't forget the well animated Dino. You'll find out some things about Wilma, Barney, and the others that you most likely never knew about, such as Wilma being rich.
If you've ever watched the cartoon series in your life, then you'll already somewhat know how this movie turns out, such as Fred and Wilma being together, but you'll find out a lot of interesting stuff along the way and find out that everything wasn't all smooth sailing for the Flintstones and the Rubbles.

I used to watch the cartoon series of The Flintstones when I was a kid, but I didn't like the movie, "The Flintstones" much at all. "The Flintstones in Viva Rock Vegas" is a much better movie than the first one in my opinion. Parts of it are hilarious, and the whole movie is very entertaining. My only complaint is that I sort of doubt that a few parts of the story hold true for a stone age family, such as Mick Jagger being alive and Coca-Cola existing. But there are some of the famous Flintstone antics such as a dinosaur being used as a bridge.

If you've ever been a fan of the cartoon series, and even if you haven't ever been much of a fan, I would recommend watching "The Flintstones in Viva Rock Vegas." It has good acting, it's funny and entertaining, and it has good effects that make it look like a live episode from The Flintstones. NOTE: That was my Amazon review from the year 2001. I liked this movie much better than the original.
Lafe F

June 26, 2007
A heck of a more fun than the first Flinstone film adventure. They got things much closer to the Flinstones cartoon with this one. There are much better jokes, and the actors look more like the characters. A real treat!
Juan C

June 6, 2011
a stupid, unfunny, unneccary prequal that we are better off not having. F
Yinalí R

August 6, 2007
Loved this movie classic!
Sunil J

July 23, 2008
I think Stephen is the retarded Baldwin brother.
Sean S

July 6, 2008
A shame this movie came and went without fanfare. The first movie had an A-list cast and had a lot of push to it but this movie is in every way superior. It is a lot more faithful to the show a better story and the actors have a lot more fun with their parts. Good soundtrack too.
DrLappos
DrLappos

June 20, 2007
Stupid but great for big kids.
FanGirl
FanGirl

September 16, 2006
Better than I expected
February 13, 2010
It's not completely bad as I did enjoy myself, but I prefer the other Flintstones movie. This one definitely has its dumb moments. (First viewing - Summer 2000 in theaters)
donibscott
June 10, 2010
Go ahead and laugh! I loved this movie. I think the actors were good, the plot was cute, and I want a Dino of my own!
ghettoqueen747
November 12, 2008
Loved the cartoon still watch it today. But the movies sucked! i hate it when hollywood messes with perfection!!
manly500usa
December 18, 2007
In this live-action prequel to the 1994 comedy hit, the Flintstones and the Rubbles go on a trip to Rock Vegas, where Wilma is pursued by playboy Chip Rockefeller.
December 31, 2007
This was a pretty terrrible movie. Why the hell did they cast Kristen Johnston as Wilma? Wilma was not a scary amazon woman. The best part of this movie is Alan Cumming in two, yes two roles: The Great Gazoo and Mick Jagrock. He's the best, dum-dum!
chris200098
July 28, 2007
I,ve always liked watching the Flintstones I like Mark Addy in this Movie and love him in the Sitcom Still Standing and The Movie Full Monty
June 21, 2007
Even if it's very silly I always liked the modernization of a caveman and I liked how it looked on screen.
January 27, 2007
The acting choices weren't as strong as in the original live version movie adaption. The plot was also subpar too. Also, didn't Gizmo come around much later in the TV series, after Peebles and Bam-Bam? So him being in this movie too was horrible placing.
richardcardellioni
November 17, 2006
Not bad for a sequel about a modern stone age family. This is when Fred and Barney meet Wilma and Betty. Drumroll please.