Flipped - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Flipped Reviews

May 1, 2016
This movie sucks. Not funny at all.
April 15, 2016
Flipped is Rob Reiner's best film in 18 years.
April 3, 2016
a very beautiful movie?my eyes was misty after watching the movie ?
½ February 7, 2016
This is a sweet film by Rob Reiner that doesn't get too sentimental. The reason why it works is because of its smart casting choices. If you want to feel good about how things used to be this is a good choice.
½ May 1, 2011
There is something so simple and so very pure about this film; it's hard not to admire the way it was all written, produced and directed. No, it's no Stand By Me, as many have previously stated...but it captures the innocence of being young from another perspective and brings the audience back to a simpler time or chapter of life. I wish more films were similarly made ; with strong emphasis on pure storytelling and character ! 3.5 stars
½ January 8, 2016
oh my my, i think it's one of the cutest sweetest movie i've ever seen. i really like the way the movie packed, the story twisted and the characters developed. i just wished the story went deeper. but you know, this kind of movie is the one who calm the audience in the most simple way :)
January 6, 2016
An enjoyable film which the whole family can watch, a lovely story, my fav bit was the ice cream on the floor bit, which I added an extra star for as it made me cry with laughter hahaha
November 5, 2015
Has a few boring moments.
October 18, 2015
This movie is just cute.

I love the unique way in which they tolled the story. The simple but deep message it sends. And of course the sycamore tree!

Favorite Scene: She in the top of the tree.
½ October 17, 2015
i thought this story was fantastic; i quite literally can't wait to read the book. i absolutely loved the different perspectives on the same moments... and who knew you could be so emotional over a tree? LOL. i'll say it again, i thought this was fantastic - definitely recommend to anyone who likes the quirky romantic comedies.
½ August 8, 2010
Når jeg går i biografen, er det for at se film, ikke for at høre lydbøger. Der er konstant voice over her, og historien er fuldstændig uinteressant og ligegyldig. Det er dælendulme gået tilbage for Rob Reiner, der gav os Misery, Stand by Me og A Few Good Men.
October 3, 2015
The Two Sides of a Coin of the Wonder Years. A good movie to watch on a rainy Saturday afternoon.
September 9, 2015
Hands down to the team behind the camera for showing the varying perspectives of the two leads that turns out to be beautifully told and surprisingly effective. The movie deserves to be seen because this is sweet, fun and charming and it is genuinely heartfelt and uplifting that anyone can easily fall in love with.
½ July 27, 2015
If you tend to be frustrated about not understanding how a character feels at any given moment in a movie, this is a family movie for you and your child that just reached puberty.
July 26, 2015
Yes it's awkward and a little slow, but it's also charming, life affriming, and garunteed to put a smile on your face.
½ July 19, 2015
The movie is simple and sweet, just like the book.
If you're looking for drama like the Hunger Games or Harry Potter, etc. This movie isn't for you.

As a person who read the book, the movie did a good job following the book. I think the flow of the movie is fast paced (which is like the book), which also isn't a bad thing.

It's a cute teen/tween romance movie.
July 19, 2015
Acceptably a decently nice movie.
July 13, 2015
I LOVED IT

it was so beautiful and I cried a lot omg
May 5, 2015
Reviews from students in the after-school film club at the New York Tibetan Service Center:

DB: "Flipped" was very interesting in the way that the director chose to narrate the movie. It was nice to know both sides of the story, both Bryce's and Julie's thoughts. In addition, it was cool how they combined an average middle- schooler's life with an exciting love story.

Jewel: I thought that Bryce and Julie should have just kept a distance from each other! I do not really think Bryce's dad should have treated the Baker family wrongly. He was a judgmental hypocrite.

Danbo: The movie "Flipped" is a good movie. It is wonderful how they show both points of view of the main characters, Julie and Bryce. Although some things are not explained, such as why Bryce's dad hated music, it was overall a satisfying movie. I like how the time of the movie was depicted, and it is a story that anyone can relate to.
April 26, 2015
ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS MOVIE. very very cleverly done. Apart from the lack of talent from the actors playing the father of bryce and the disabled brother I really enjoyed this movie and it brought a tear to my eye. Definitely my sort of thing.