67% The Maze Runner Sep 19

Flooding With Love for the Kid Reviews

366weirdmovies
366weirdmovies

November 1, 2010
A one man retelling of "First Blood" (more faithful to the original novel than the Stallone movie), with Zachary Oberzan playing dozens of roles and shooting the entire film in his NYC apartment for $96. This is really an amazing low budget achievement; Oberzan finds exactly the right tone, playing it seriously (his acting is very good, particularly as Teasle). He lets the cheap "special effects" (toy snakes, bookshelves with branches sticking out of them to represent trees) supply the comic relief, but you still find yourself drawn into the dramatic arc of the story. For a film made for less than $100 it's 5/5 stars; I think it's a compliment to call it 3/5 versus Hollywood competition. It's no masterpiece but it was more entertaining and impressive than most movies with 1,000,000 times the budget.
Michael H.
December 9, 2011
An astonishing accomplishment: a film of "First Blood" (adapting the novel, not remaking the movie) with a cast and crew of 1 made in a tiny apartment using props at hand - often very resourcefully. The movie frequently provokes laughs through its sheer creative audacity while at other times is gripping and insightful. I was especially impressed by the editing and sound design and would be surprised if Mr. Oberzan doesn't get a few job offers as a result of this impressive feat of film making.
April 10, 2011
now that's something you don't see very often. like.