Movies Like Fly Me to the Moon

Fly Me to the Moon Reviews

michael e.
michael e.

January 2, 2011
Its not one of the worst animated movies ive seen but it was stupid
Leigh R

September 10, 2008
It was cute enough to watch once, but mostly kind of boring.
Nani V

June 18, 2009
Cute movie.
thefog1331
thefog1331

December 27, 2008
Abysmally dull "family" film not recommended for anyone over 5.

And the 3D sucks too.

February 1, 2013
While it is an interesting film, Fly Me to the Moon is too childish, flatly written and dull for adults and too tedious and slow for kids. Overall Rating: 16
DrLappos
DrLappos

September 2, 2009
I made the mistake of watching this and I have to say it was nothing special. The story line is weird, the plot odd and the poo references I could have done without...watchable to by no means Pixar.
moviefan1725
moviefan1725

August 17, 2008
Billed as the first fully computer animated movie made in 3-D, it tells the story of three flies that stowaway on board Apollo 11's historic flight to the moon. That's the whole plot. If that were the whole focus of the movie, they couldv'e pulled off a fun little movie. Unfortunately things get bogged down with too many extra characters and subplots involving Russian flies that try to sabotage the mission back at ground control on Earth. That gets in the way of a genuienly fun little adventure about the other flies and their journey to outer space. It's as if the filmmakers realized that the movie they made wasn't long enough for theatrical release, and went back and shot a bunch of filler material. There's a good 60 minute movie here, stretched out to 90 minutes. Of course the whole gimmick of the movie is the 3-D factor. The earthbound scenes contain the typical "comin' at ya" shots, including a flies point of view as he zips through fields, junkyards, etc. But I give the movie an extra half star because the 3-D scenes involving the space mission are quite remarkable, and provide a "you are there" feel that isn't possible in a 2-D feature. But since the movie was made for digital 3-D theaters, it's obvious it will be in 3-D on video. My advice...wait for it.
Jason S

August 13, 2008
Not as good as I thought it would be. Boring in spots but very cute in others. Not very funny though and really probably for little kids only. 3D was fun in spots.
January 3, 2011
I was REALLY disappoint in this movie. Its a cute movie, but I thought it would be alot better then what it was. I'm glad I didn't see it theaters. It wasn't worth the money.
KingVelingor
June 27, 2010
Yet another film (if you can call it that) with an abysmal script trying to jump on the 3D bandwagon. This abomination looks, sounds, and feels as though it were made in one day by someone who knows nothing about film-making or 3D-animation. I can't imagine anyone enjoying this.
February 15, 2014
This is the equivalent of waiting in a very long queue. Boring and very,very repetitive.
December 20, 2013
A movie so bad that Buzz Aldrin himself said that this never really happened.
Bengel W.
October 19, 2013
A different kind of history lesson for the children that is entertaining and fun. A well written story for the young of mind, tackling entomology, history, astrophysics, engineering, electronics, math, morals, ethics and logic encouraging science to be of interest to children. The characters are simple and well animated with suitable narration allowing the film to unfold. Nibbles: Honey Coated Locusts.
July 9, 2013
This looks incredibly stupid. I think I would hate this movie.
bizzenboom s.
March 30, 2013
Um.......... WHAT THE CUSS IS THIS?! This is a digrace to animated films everywhere! The animation is terrilbly ugly! I can't stand to look at it it's so ugly! The plot is unoriginal, and not to menchine the ANNOYING CHARACTERS!!! I WANNA BUY THE DVD JUST SO I CAN BURN IT.

February 1, 2013
January 28, 2013
A good movie for kids, at the same time related to one of the most historical events!
November 19, 2012
Neither kids nor adults will enjoy this utterly miserable movie.
Jbird
March 1, 2011
Fly Me To The Moon has a few catchy moments. The movie as a whole is quite dull.
November 11, 2011
If you have any self-respect, you will not put yourself through this predictible, cliche'd "film". I knew exactly how the plot was going to play out in the first ten minutes. It also appears to be a little, ur---Stereotypical (of course, that's what russians are like!!), and in some parts offencive. the only female characters in this are wailing, submissive house wifes, who (of course) faint whenever something bad happens. (To which another fly rolls his eyes and chants "Women.") Oh well, at least the ignorance made it slightly interesting.

I would reccomend this film to your worst enemy.